The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 am

» Early present
by Hunt Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

» Santa Ana River Lakes
by GT Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

» Edge Open Heel Flex Scuba Fin
by jeffcpr Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

» Wader and Boot Dryer
by SP Dan Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

» Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Breathable Guide Pant
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

» Hello from Vhanaya
by Hunt Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am

» Waterproof Reels - Penn Spinfisher and KastKing Sharky II
by singletrack Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by Jerdon Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

» Trolling motors
by Ornery Bob Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » Greetings from Southern Maryland

Greetings from Southern Maryland

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Greetings from Southern Maryland on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:33 pm

Maj Bob

Newby
Newby
Guess I'm the new guy. I just registered for the forum this morning. I'm from San Diego; moved to South Philly in Jr high school. Retired after 23 years in the Navy and Army. Currently live in Waldorf, Maryland. Got into Float tubing 'bout 18 months ago. My son and I are mainly bass fishers on some of the small local lakes and ponds, and creeks and small rivers here in Southern Maryland. We really love to fish for trout as well, but they are few and far between in these parts. Neither of us drives - he's an amputee with severe TBI, still undergoing therapy at Walter Reed, and I'm a shot up disabled Vietnam era helicopter pilot. So we're limited to pontoon boat (my son) and a float tube for me.

I ride a Classic Accessories Bighorn, which i really enjoy. I like it so much, I got him the CA Colorado XT. He didn't have his water leg yet back then, and flippers weren't possible for him, so he's got the Minn-Kota motor. With it, he's been known to tow me along back up the Potomac River to our launch point at Indian Head. We also enjoy fishing the Lower Patuxent which is only about 15 miles from home. Ah, life is indeed good! Very Happy

Cheers, y'all,
Bob Hendry

2 Re: Greetings from Southern Maryland on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:29 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
First thanks for your service and I am glad despite all the hardship you guys are out fishing like you do. We are very glad you found our site and we all look forward to hearing more from you and your son.
I for one would love to see some pictures of your outings from your home water. Again glad you found us Maj Bob.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

3 Re: Greetings from Southern Maryland on Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:01 pm

bodfish

Junior
Junior
Greetings and heartfelt thanks to you and your son for service above and beyond the call,.. I truly hope this country is affording you all the respect you deserve.
Your struggles do not seem to have slowed you down as far as fishing goes. I am curious to see how you and your son have adapted your gear and/or your technique to your physical needs. I am interested in getting involved in some of the Disabled Veterans fishing programs that some of the major tackle manufacturers, landings, and clubs, sponsor here in California, and would love to see (pics) and hear from you regarding any special engineering you have applied to your boat? your gear ? or your technique.

with deep regard, and respect

bodfish
descendant of the 442
"Go for Broke Bra"

PS. anything you think I can be of service with please ask. I am sure I am not alone with this offer.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum