The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» When do you stop tubing for the Winter?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 4:42 pm

» fiasco weekend
by Ornery Bob Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:57 am

» Fishing in the Bay (first time)
by chipmcd Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:50 pm

» Share your spots or not?
by jeffcpr Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:02 pm

» Pro Tip: Your wife's hair things make excellent Leader Keepers
by jeffcpr Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:48 am

» Float Tube Tournament Series June 2nd - Sept 1st
by SD Ray Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:44 pm

» Maxxon Inflatable Boat Sales
by jeffcpr Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:30 pm

» Seven Bass Sale's Page
by jeffcpr Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 pm

» Demo day July 8th
by SP Dan Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:30 pm

» Float Tube Rod Holders - Completed
by SP Dan Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:36 pm

» To Scent Or Not To Scent
by kin Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:38 pm

» What happened to the curlytail, twister type worms?
by kin Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:07 am

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tube Fishing Tournament Series » Tournament Series Discussion » Discussion of Jan - March tourney

Discussion of Jan - March tourney

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Discussion of Jan - March tourney on Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:58 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maybe you should look at the age thing. When I retire, I would I think have the time to fish more thus be able to put more points on the board. That is why I do not join the tournaments. I would have to give up work or my Wife to compete. By the way, I did capitalize wife on purpose.  Just a thought.

This is a true statement, it is funny the way this is set up I would never get close to win my own tourney. I wish there was a way to make it as fare as possible for all but this nearly impossible. Of course the idea of simple weekend tourney's between the main events could provide that fun factor for the married guy. I to have a WIFE Twisted Evil

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

27 Re: Discussion of Jan - March tourney on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:38 pm

fwalker951

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like the way the tournament is set up now, He who fishes most, wins. Seems like some guys are able to get out a couple times a week where guys like me are maybe able to get out once every couple weeks which pretty much gives me no chance at being competitive. Which makes me opt out. What if we based it off of our top 10,15,20 fish or whatever and just award points for inches off of whatever number of fish we decide is a good amount. The rest of the fish we catch are just “throw away” and don’t count towards anything. Just my 2 cents. Smile

Sent from Topic'it App

28 Re: Discussion of Jan - March tourney on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 pm

fishswag707

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Maybe we can do month long tournaments but each much is a different setup

Example
Jan. Tourney no limit
Feb. Best 5 fish
March best 7 fish
April best 5 but can't add fish till final week

Sent from Topic'it App

29 Re: Discussion of Jan - March tourney on Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:11 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
All valid points guys and good info keep it coming.

30 Re: Discussion of Jan - March tourney on Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:50 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong, but it seems like the way the tournament is set up now, He who fishes most, wins. Seems like some guys are able to get out a couple times a week where guys like me are maybe able to get out once every couple weeks which pretty much gives me no chance at being competitive. Which makes me opt out. What if we based it off of our top 10,15,20 fish or whatever and just award points for inches off of whatever number of fish we decide is a good amount. The rest of the fish we catch are just “throw away” and don’t count towards anything. Just my 2 cents. Smile

Sent from Topic'it App

OK the hard part is making it fair for all there is no real way to make a tourney that lasts this long work for everyone. There always people that spend more time on the water then the rest and they will have an increased chance to win. By limiting the numbers of fish you can catch per week we hope to give everyone a fighting chance. But even best-laid plans won't work for everyone. The idea of smaller weekend tourney between the main events might be a better fit and give those with less time a chance to feel as if they can really compete.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Maybe we can do month long tournaments but each much is a different setup

Example
Jan. Tourney no limit
Feb. Best 5 fish
March best 7 fish
April best 5 but can't add fish till final week

Sent from Topic'it App

Here are some ideas for the future guys take a look let me know what you think, this could be an idea for 2019.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum