Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » Hello from SoCal! (Belmont Shore / Huntington Beach area)

Hello from SoCal! (Belmont Shore / Huntington Beach area)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mo2vation

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Hi folks.

I'm Ken - great to be here.

Been float tube fishing for probably 30-some years. Bucks Bags in the 80's Wood River through the 90's and mid 2000's - moved into Outcast about 6 years or so ago.

Mostly Sierra lakes and local lakes. Most of my inshore fishing is done from a Kayak - but I'm going to be introducing my tubes to the Pacific, now that I'm blocks from the beach in LB and work in HB.

That will be fun - spent a lot of time in Newport bay in the 90s in kayaks and skiffs... so looking forward to taking the tube there.

I love forums. Can't wait to read your stuff, see your photos and learn some new things from the talented and crafty folks here.

- Ken

Jerdon

Welcome to the forum Ken. 
We have a lot of SoCal locals here so you should see plenty of familiar spots.
 Enjoy your time here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

jeffcpr

Admin
Ken welcome so glad you found us. You are in the right place kick back and enjoy your time with us. While i am sure you can learn from us i am also sure we can learn from you. Once again welcome and i am sure i will see you in the soon.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

SP Dan

Welcome to the Forum Mo2vation,

I sounds as though you are bringing a lot of experience and talent to the forum.
I hope to be able to hook-up with you one day soon.

Have a great time and I wish you the best of luck out there! Thumbs Up

Tight lines,

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

GT

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Welcome aboard Ken............my go to salt is Hunt. Harbor, Los Patos Bridge...............hope to see you in the salt.........GT

6 Thanks so much! on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:49 am

Mo2vation

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Welcome aboard Ken............my go to salt is Hunt. Harbor, Los Patos Bridge...............hope to see you in the salt.........GT

Living in Belmont and working in Huntington Beach, I drive up PCH every day, right through Huntington Harbour.

So can't wait to connect with some of you, and learn how to be productive in my new home waters. Smile

- Ken

Ornery Bob

Welcome Ken!

I'm in the cheap seats up the hill from Belmont. Mother's beach at the LAB is about a five minute drive. I've fished the LAB many times and have done well there, but like GT, I prefer Huntington Harbor. It's worth the extra ten minutes of driving Smile

Send me a private message on this forum (it goes to my best email address) any time you're looking for someone to tube with and I'll try to make it!

Top Tip - get yourself some Hookup Baits. They're not cheap but they're definitely worth it. They've easily doubled the number of fish I catch. The 1/4 oz. "medium" size is my favorite and I play with the colors. I'm getting some good results with the new mint color, but all the colors work for me. I like the dark colors in low light and the bright colors in bright light.

They have a very limited selection of Hookup Baits at Alamitos Bay Landing in Long Beach, so I either go to Island Fishing Tackle in Carson or Pacific Edge in Huntington Beach. Or you can order from the Hookup Baits website.

Here are my video tips and tricks for both Huntington Harbor and Los Alamitos Bay to help you get acquainted. I also have videos for Newport and Dana Point.

Good luck and I hope to see you out there!

http://www.ornerybob.com

8 I've seen them all... love the series on Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:26 pm

Mo2vation

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Welcome Ken!

I'm in the cheap seats up the hill from Belmont. Mother's beach at the LAB is about a five minute drive. I've fished the LAB many times and have done well there, but like GT, I prefer Huntington Harbor. It's worth the extra ten minutes of driving Smile

Send me a private message on this forum (it goes to my best email address) any time you're looking for someone to tube with and I'll try to make it!

Top Tip - get yourself some Hookup Baits. They're not cheap but they're definitely worth it. They've easily doubled the number of fish I catch. The 1/4 oz. "medium" size is my favorite and I play with the colors. I'm getting some good results with the new mint color, but all the colors work for me. I like the dark colors in low light and the bright colors in bright light.

They have a very limited selection of Hookup Baits at Alamitos Bay Landing in Long Beach, so I either go to Island Fishing Tackle in Carson or Pacific Edge in Huntington Beach. Or you can order from the Hookup Baits website.

Here are my video tips and tricks for both Huntington Harbor and Los Alamitos Bay to help you get acquainted. I also have videos for Newport and Dana Point.

Good luck and I hope to see you out there!

The series is how I found you. You're the reason I'm here, OB

We will surely connect very soon.

- Ken

Ornery Bob

That's great to hear! You've definitely found the right place for all things float tube. The guys have been nothing but generous to me and they really helped me get going, so I do what I can to pay that forward and back. Smile

http://www.ornerybob.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum