» Float Tube Review - Outcast Super Fat Cat
by Ornery Bob Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:09 pm

» Side Imaging Fish Finder on Super Fat Cat Tube
by Wayno57 Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:39 pm

» Droppin & Poppin for Saltwater Bass
by Wonka Weeyaga Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:47 am

» 3 out of my 4 Float Tubes Are For Sale
by SP Dan Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:37 am

» Fly Fishing Show in Pleasanton - February 24th & 25th - Wader Skins Exhibiting
by SP Dan Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:16 am

» Float tubes 4 $ale, I have four.
by GT Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:44 am

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » My own plastics

My own plastics

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 My own plastics on Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:39 am

Misfit_Angler138

Old Timer
Old Timer
I wanna pour my own plastics.
I already tie my own flies.
Now I wanna try pouring my own plastics, does anyone know where I can get some good molds or even someone that can design custom molds?

2 Re: My own plastics on Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:36 am

Ornery Bob

I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but making soft plastic baits is something I've researched.

Here's a place that makes custom molds and has everything you need - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for designing baits, they can modify existing designs to your specifications, or you can simply shape what you want out of modeling clay and send it to them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are also a lot of plastisol suppliers, but the one I've found that seems to have the biggest selection of formulas designed specifically for DIY soft baits is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Besides injection molds, you could also use "open pour molds" that you can easily make yourself from silicone, or plaster, or even Durham's Water Putty.

I hope this helps as a starting point - the world of making soft plastic baits is huge. Don't forget to check YouTube - lots of good info there.

http://www.ornerybob.com

3 Re: My own plastics on Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:46 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Old Timer
Old Timer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but making soft plastic baits is something I've researched.

Here's a place that makes custom molds and has everything you need - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As for designing baits, they can modify existing designs to your specifications, or you can simply shape what you want out of modeling clay and send it to them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are also a lot of plastisol suppliers, but the one I've found that seems to have the biggest selection of formulas designed specifically for DIY soft baits is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Besides injection molds, you could also use "open pour molds" that you can easily make yourself from silicone, or plaster, or even Durham's Water Putty.

I hope this helps as a starting point - the world of making soft plastic baits is huge. Don't forget to check YouTube - lots of good info there.

Thanks for the help Ornery, ya it’s something I’ve always wanted to do.
Just never knew how to go about it.
Thanks again for the help

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum