Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Bass fishing question

Bass fishing question

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bass fishing question on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:07 am

Duckman01

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Hello,
It has been over 30 years since I fished for largemouth bass, I have fished for trout mostly bait and wait since then. I have a brother that wants to get into fishing and he is the reason I got a Sea Eagle 285 inflatable pontoon. We went to Diamond Valley Lake yesterday and rented a boat.
We heard when we got there the fishing was tough, they were correct. I heard about only four bass reported being caught, up to 8.5 pounds. My brother and I soaked inflated nightcrawlers, tossed minnow shaped crankbaits, they only went about 6 feet down, plastic worms and plastic shad baits. Not one bite all day. Even though we did not get any cooperation from the fish, it was a great day getting my brother away from his work for a day of fishing.

We are taking the 285 to Silverwood on February 16 and 17, my brother will be in a rental boat. So here is my question. What kind of baits, natural and artificial work best for you for largemouth and striped bass?

Of course I will post pictures and a report when I get back.

Thanks again,
Duckman01

2 Re: Bass fishing question on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:41 am

joshyouwa.r

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
I'm not sure it is specific to where you are fishing but my go to when the bite is tough is a jig or a wacky rigged senko in watermelon red flake. I cast let it wigglendown and then pop it back up and let it wiggle back down. Repeat until fish cooperate...

3 Re: Bass fishing question on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:54 am

Duckman01

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Thank you joshyouwa.r. I did not try a wacky rigged way with the earthworm colored worms I had with us.

4 Re: Bass fishing question on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:56 am

joshyouwa.r

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
It's worth a try. Plus it might have just been a really tough bite. Some advice I got before was just fish with confidence and let the fish tell you what they want. Best of luck with your brother. Lots of info floating around here. I'm sure you'll get into them soon.

5 Re: Bass fishing question on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:52 am

Misfit_Angler138

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Thank you joshyouwa.r. I did not try a wacky rigged way with the earthworm colored worms I had with us.
Hey brotha if you are in Chino I have some bass plastics you can come pick pick up
Free of charge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum