The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:41 am

» Early present
by Hunt Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

» Santa Ana River Lakes
by GT Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

» Edge Open Heel Flex Scuba Fin
by jeffcpr Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

» Wader and Boot Dryer
by SP Dan Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

» Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Breathable Guide Pant
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

» Hello from Vhanaya
by Hunt Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am

» Waterproof Reels - Penn Spinfisher and KastKing Sharky II
by singletrack Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by Jerdon Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

» Trolling motors
by Ornery Bob Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:51 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » CA Float Tubers » lake perris Tuesday

lake perris Tuesday

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:34 am

rucker

Newby
Newby
quick lake perris trip from Tuesday found loads of bluegill kept 7! was getting bit fast as i could get it to them. bass bit well lots of shorts you have to make an effort to get away from the small guys. the larger bass was not in the same place. i will upload a photo or two if i can figure out how to do it

[/
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
bad screen shot of the bluegills during the quick shower tuesday morning

2 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:42 am

Ornery Bob

Nice! I've got to get out there again! Thanks for the report!

http://www.ornerybob.com

3 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:51 am

Jerdon

Great day with the Bluegills.
Thanks for sharing.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:09 pm

Misfitdog

Bobber
Bobber
nice going you get a current water temp by chance ?

5 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:55 pm

Komori

Junior
Junior
Nice catch! Super fun fishing for sure! We release most of the Bluegills we catch to keep Perris sustained with the uniqueness of having very large Bluegills in it. I totally agree with my expert fishing partner who knows the lake and it's Bluegill and Redear Sunfish like no one else..
"The water we fish is for hunting big fish - rarely see small BG. You would have to get close to the dam, sit in the marina, or fish the other side (east end) of the lake for "eaters".
On the boat; ~9" you decide, ~10" (or bigger) it goes back. All females with eggs go back.
MEMORIES ?? AND PICTURES ?? = priceless"

6 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:15 pm

rucker

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:nice going you get a current water temp by chance ?
water was 78 most of the day. the air was colder then the water. i was in gym shorts! it was overcast most of the day

7 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:48 pm

rucker

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Nice catch!  Super fun fishing for sure!   We release most of the Bluegills we catch to keep Perris sustained with the uniqueness of having very large Bluegills in it.  I totally agree with my expert fishing partner who knows the lake and it's Bluegill and Redear Sunfish like no one else..  
"The water we fish is for hunting big fish - rarely see small BG. You would have to get close to the dam, sit in the marina, or fish the other side (east end) of the lake for "eaters".
On the boat; ~9" you decide, ~10" (or bigger) it goes back. All females with eggs go back.
MEMORIES ??  AND PICTURES ??  = priceless"

i have been catching these big bluegills from around 1991 or 1992 here is some throwback Polaroids

8 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:51 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Looks like some fun buddy I love gill fishing, just wish I could find the big models when I am fishing them.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

9 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:28 pm

kobra

Junior
Junior
That's some really fun fishing. Nice job.

10 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:59 pm

Komori

Junior
Junior
These fish are all 9 inches or under.  The best eating size.  Bigger ones get released![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:50 pm

rucker

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:These fish are all 9 inches or under.  The best eating size.  Bigger ones get released![You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
nice fish

12 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:38 am

jmedeiros

Newby
Newby
What are you catching your bluegill on? We've got a lake up here in Los Banos that apparently has big schools of BG.

13 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:40 pm

562fly

Newby
Newby
Are you allowed to float tube the Marina

14 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:04 pm

Jerdon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Are you allowed to float tube the Marina

The short answer is no, the Lake Perris Concessions Store will charge you $3 to fish from the docks and all is good.  You cannot launch a tube from there though.

If you launch from the boat ramps and fish the point around to the marina that is all good. Once you get inside the buoy line near the Marina be ready to move on. The workers will run you off if you kick to close to the docks.

I hope this helps.

15 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:22 pm

562fly

Newby
Newby
Im planning to go out there and do some fly fishing, where exactly are you allowed to float tube?

16 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:16 am

Misfitdog

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Are you allowed to float tube the Marina

The short answer is no, the Lake Perris Concessions Store will charge you $3 to fish from the docks and all is good.  You cannot launch a tube from there though.

If you launch from the boat ramps and fish the point around to the marina that is all good. Once you get inside the buoy line near the Marina be ready to move on. The workers will run you off if you kick to close to the docks.

I hope this helps.

Oh man do I now Regret I did not tube the marina more in the early 90's when it was allowed , I always caught so many fish in there floating around Sad but there was many of good places too tube back then and I was in fisherman'e cove 95% of my time as the water was high and the fishing all year long was always amazing back there . we can only hope once the water raises again and this new structure going in it will be the same or better Smile

562fly -- You can tube out of the sail cove area where you can drive straight down too the water and park and float tube along the dam , or you have the option of going too lots 6-7 and fishing the launch ramp area or fishermans cove in lots 11-12 .. good luck out there .. I was up yesterday and knocked them dead in the sail cove area Twisted Evil

17 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:31 am

562fly

Newby
Newby
Are you allow to float tube up to the Island

18 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:44 am

Jerdon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Are you allow to float tube up to the Island
 Yes, the easiest way to the Island is from the boat launch ramps. You can also launch from the East End and use the launch ramp in lot 12. It is a longer kick from lot 12 and a bit weedy in spots.

19 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:16 am

Misfitdog

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Are you allow to float tube up to the Island
 Yes, the easiest way to the Island is from the boat launch ramps. You can also launch from the East End and use the launch ramp in lot 12. It is a longer kick from lot 12 and a bit weedy in spots.

What Jerdon did not mention was that the water levels are expected too raise starting in December so you have a bit of time too get the shorter kick too the island now and for the next few months .. once that water raises back up it is still 44' vertically down that kick will take 3x as long , but on the plus side the east end will be a full season tubing session again Smile

20 Re: lake perris Tuesday on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Komori

Junior
Junior
They are adding water right now. I don't know how long it will last though, and how high the water level will get.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum