Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Fishing Related Discussions » Have you ever gone swimming?

Have you ever gone swimming?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Have you ever gone swimming? on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Ornery Bob

As in out of the tube for some reason and in the water? Shocked

I've been swimming once intentionally and twice unintentionally.

The first time was intentional. I dumped myself out of my tube a couple of times a few yards from shore to see where the tipping point was and to see if I could get back on the tube.

At first I tried sort of lifting myself into the seat with the tube behind me, but I wasn't strong enough to lift myself out of the water, even though the tube was supporting me fine, so I switched to a face down orientation and pulled myself onto the tube seat as far as I could and then did a quick flip/roll to the seated position. It's not that hard to do.

The unintentional times were once in the surf and once in the mud. In the surf, I didn't get dumped out of the tube, I was backing into the surf and got knocked down. I should have been launching face first to begin.

The other unintentional time was at HH and I was out on the flats and I decided to go into shallow water and stand up for some reason and I was in about 2 ft of water but as soon as I tried to stand up, the mud squished out from under me but the fins caused me to topple backwards as my heels sank faster than my toes supported by the fin blades and just that fast, I was swimming. Oh well... no harm, no foul.

I've always felt that float tubes were sort of self-selecting and people not comfortable in the water wouldn't want to have one. But I've recently learned that there are tubers who don't swim and are afraid to be in the water and that seems crazy to me.

As long as you're not losing your gear, getting dumped out of your tube is nothing more than going for a swim and personally, I find swimming with fins really easy. Even at 66 years old and overweight. But that's just one crazy old man.

How about you? Ever gone for a swim?

http://www.ornerybob.com

2 Re: Have you ever gone swimming? on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:27 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
I have gone down when tying to get out after a long day on the water a few time. I guess my legs where not ready for me. I looked funny and not very graceful LOL. But i have taken a good swim as of yet. I can swim and am sure if i did lose it i would be basically able to save myself.

I hope that it never comes to this but the more you are ok the water the more likely it will happen. Besafe everyone.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

3 Re: Have you ever gone swimming? on Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:19 pm

branders

Newby
Newby
My very first time out I got wet. It was at the end of my day and I was standing up out of my tube and decided to try and turn around with my fins on... That was not a good idea. going in the water was no big deal but when it’s at the beach in summer and it’s in front of everyone, it’s a little embarrassing to say the least.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum