Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Okuma "Celilo" ultralight rods?

Okuma "Celilo" ultralight rods?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Okuma "Celilo" ultralight rods? on Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:59 pm

Komori

Junior
Junior
My son gave me a new Okuma "Celilo" ultralight rod that is 6 1/2 foot long and 2 pieces. It says that it is "trout" rod and its rated for 2 to 4 lb test line. I fish primarily from a boat or float tube for the large Bluegill, Redears and crappie that are in my local Lake Perris here in southern California. I fish with small hand-tyed jigs and spoons and I use 2 lb test line. My question is: if anyone owns this rod or have fished with this rod, and how you liked or dis-liked it. I believe the Celilo comes in four lengths, from 4 1/2 to 7 1/2 foot. The rod looks nice and feels good, but you really cannot tell how it handles until you cast with it and catch a few fish with it. I put a Pflueger Trion 20x reel spooled with 2 lb Izorline XXX Super Co-Polymer. I have not yet fished with this rod yet because of a medical procedure, but I can't wait to try it out in a few weeks.

2 Re: Okuma "Celilo" ultralight rods? on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:30 pm

rucker

Newby
Newby
did you get the rod local?  i was looking at the 4 1/2 foot size was going to buy 2 for the float tube. never got around to it. if i could get it local i would of had them by now. also looked at the daiwa spinmatic in the 4 ft size. i liked that rod more because i have the old version of the same model. bluegill are biting at perris get well soon an stretch some 2 lb test out Cool

3 Re: Okuma "Celilo" ultralight rods? on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:25 pm

fishin' fatty

Bobber
Bobber
Great rod! Very Happy I have caught several 2lb. Trout (ish, +/-) on mine, and I own the 4 1/2, 5 1/2, and 6 1/2 lengths. good backbone and action but won't break the bank. I got more expensive equipment but tend to use these very often. good solid rod that will work well for your type of fishing Komori.

Last edited by fishin' fatty on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

4 Re: Okuma "Celilo" ultralight rods? on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:31 pm

Ornery Bob

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - plug in your zip code and they will tell you who in your area you can call and check stock.

http://www.ornerybob.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum