The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Need some help adding a few fish to the tournament list.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:57 pm

by jeffcpr Yesterday at 1:57 pm

» Thinking of buying a pontoon boat
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:32 am

» 2018 Float Tube Tournament Series Official Rules
by jeffcpr Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 pm

» Funky waders
by SP Dan Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:05 pm

» Music is your special friend
by jeffcpr Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:14 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by jeffcpr Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:40 pm

» January's Tournament Changes!!
by jeffcpr Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 am

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Newport Harbor
by SP Dan Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:57 am

» Perris Lake
by GT Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 am

» Some stuff I got in trade
by Master Baiter Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 am

» Some pretty Awesome Decorative pieces
by Master Baiter Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » CA Float Tubers » All Small's at the LAB!

All Small's at the LAB!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 All Small's at the LAB! on Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Hollywood1

Newby
Newby
Been some years since I fished the LAB, but I did fish it a good amount this summer. But I noticed that this summer everything was pretty small. Didn't really hook onto anything worth bragging about. Although, I only caught about 2 Lizard fish all summer, which is s good thing!

Used to be able to catch some good size Sandies and Spotties but I haven't had one good sized one in awhile.

Is it just me or has this seemed to be the norm in the So. cal Bays?

2 Re: All Small's at the LAB! on Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:14 pm

SiRRoM

Newby
Newby
Try Huntington Bay. My brother and I went there last week and caught a few keeper size spotties and the rest was bigger than 10in.

3 Re: All Small's at the LAB! on Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Ornery Bob

I've caught a few legal spotties at the LAB, but 10/11 inch fish and smaller have been the norm for me.

However, I was there yesterday and while it was basically a slow day of dinks, two of us caught legal spotties a few minutes apart in basically the same spot, so you just never know!

http://www.ornerybob.com

4 Re: All Small's at the LAB! on Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:25 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
The big boys are out there just keep plugging away and it will happen.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

5 Re: All Small's at the LAB! on Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:50 am

Hollywood1

Newby
Newby
Years back I was catching some Bigum's. But I had been on Hiatus for a few years from tubing for so I was just curious on how things have been.
Regardless, It's good to be back on the water again. Aside from the increase in boat traffic and people who come too close on their hourly rental dingy's, Jet ski's, drunken boaters, etc. Gotta keep an eye out if your out on the weekends. I prefer weekdays but my GF and son like to hang out on the beach sometimes so I'll go out for a few hours on the weekends.

6 Re: All Small's at the LAB! on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:11 pm

Ornery Bob

For what it's worth.... after reading everything you've written, I seriously recommend you change the LAB for Huntington Harbor. There are three family friendly beaches/launch spots to take advantage of any tide and it's generally less trafficked in every way.

Seabridge Park offers access to halibut flats out towards the bridge and both Humboldt and Davenport streets have nice little family friendly beaches for fishing the inner harbor structure. Speaking of that structure.... HH is set up in a way that is particularly good for tubing with many of the dock pilings in places easy for tubers to get to but not anyone else, so you have a lot of low fishing pressure territory to explore.

Los Alamitos has a lot going for it, to be sure, but I recommend you try Huntington Harbor and see how you like it. It's quieter, nicer, and has just as good, if not better fishing.

http://www.ornerybob.com

7 Re: All Small's at the LAB! on Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Hollywood1

Newby
Newby
Im familiar with some of those spots. Been awhile since I've been to HH so I am due for a dip.
I just like the convenience and location of LAB from the 605. I'll have to get down to HH sometime soon. I'll have to go through some of your HH videos to catch up!
Thanks for the Insight!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum