Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Wader Skins a new idea what do you think?

Wader Skins a new idea what do you think?

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:08 am

jeffcpr

Admin
I wanted to get everyone's opinion on this new product and we also have the creator here on our forum to discuss is product and answer any questions you might have. Also be sure to check out there Kick Starter account as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks very much for your input.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

2 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:01 am

kin

Junior
Junior
Watched the video. It's a pretty unique approach to waders. I like the "modular" aspect of it...just using sections of it when conditions demand(ie, stream wading using only the leggings vs entire wader). Looks to be neoprene...what is the thickness? I ask because it's been an oven down here. Wearing neoprene in such heat is not fun...and neither is wearing thin neoprene while in freezing water. What is the projected cost of it?

3 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Renegade

Bobber
Bobber
LOVE this idea! I in.

4 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:17 pm

mthaubs

Newby
Newby
Kind of spendy. It looks like you donate 350.00 and you get a pair. I would guess the price point is going to be close to that.

5 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:21 pm

rjb_Skins

Newby
Newby
To All:
Thanks for the responses so far. We are excited about Wader Skins™, and think it is a perfect match for Float Tube & Pontoon Boat Fishers.  The key points are that each Wader Skin™ is custom made to fit (manufactured here in California) and they offer real comfort & safety used in a wide array of aquatic environments.  Wader Skins™ are made of 3-millimeter neoprene…with torso and legging sections, attached by Velcro.  Think of Wader Skins™ like a convertible wetsuit that you can adapt to various water conditions depending on the coverage you need.   We have worn Wader Skins™ in water temperatures as low as 38 degrees and been very comfortable for six hour stretches.  As well, on hot days, we have just used the leggings to fish in small streams or while in pontoon boats when the outside temperature has been over 90 degrees.  You can also pull down the top of the Wader Skins™ torso, so it comes down to about the waist for comfortable wading while fishing in cooler water during the heat of summer (like on the lower Sacramento River).  The Wader Skins list price is $375, but during our introduction on Kick Starter (through August 11th), we are offering the first 25 pairs at $350 (plus we pay the freight (normally $15 in the US).  

Wader Skins™ deliver a comfortable, warm and safe way to be in the water doing what you love.  Beyond fishing, Wader Skins™ are perfect for water sports like paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, water skiing, wake boarding or jet skiing.  If you were going to buy one product to support a wide array of aquatic activities, Wader Skins™ is the obvious choice.

Hope to see you all out in the water wearing your Wader Skins™.

Ron Beltramo
Founder of Wader Skins™

http://www.waderskins.com

6 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:27 pm

Renegade

Bobber
Bobber
I just showed the video to a friend and I called them convertible waders.
That pretty much says it all. I do float tube, Pontoon, SUP, Kayak and fly fish wading, these cover it all.
Only down side for me is however the fact they are neoprene which is too hot in the summer, and the price for neoprene.
Brilliant idea however.

7 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:09 pm

inthedeep2

Newby
Newby
I like the idea but for us in san diego our lakes we have to use waterproof waders due to being drinking water supply

8 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:32 am

Renegade

Bobber
Bobber
inthedeep2 wrote:I like the idea but for us in san diego our lakes we have to use waterproof waders due to being drinking water supply

These are waterproof.

9 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:33 am

Ornery Bob

It's a sectional wetsuit - the Kickstarter page clearly shows that. Definitely not waterproof in the "keeps you out of the drinking water" sense.

http://www.ornerybob.com

10 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:38 am

Renegade

Bobber
Bobber
Ornery Bob wrote:It's a sectional wetsuit - the Kickstarter page clearly shows that. Definitely not waterproof in the "keeps you out of the drinking water" sense.

I fish a drinking water lake here with same rules, pretty sure this would be allowed. I don't wear gloves and I could go barefoot in it. Neoprene sucks against your body, I am betting shorts don't get wet underneath.

11 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:49 am

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Great clip and your product the "Wader Skins" seems very versatile.
I really like that you can suit up according to each of the different styles of activity and it's conditions.

I can see where the leggings would offer a float tube angler some excellent leg protection from the changing water thermals, UV rays and from dangers such as saltwater jelly's while still allowing the comfort of not wearing a full set of chest high waders.
Even the breathable chest high waders are way too warm for me during the Spring, Summer and Fall seasons.

Do you sell by the "Wader Skins" by the component?
I already own 3 sets of the Simm's waders but would consider wearing the leggings during the winter months.
Do the leggings come up above the knee?
How much would you charge $ for just a set of your "Wader Skins" leggings?

This product would offer anglers a variety of clothing choices.

I like it! Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

12 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:24 pm

rjb_Skins

Newby
Newby
To All…Thanks for your questions & responses about Wader Skins™. In terms of neoprene being too hot, I can only relate to my experience with Wader Skins™. They are made from 3MM Neoprene, so they are not the thickest of material…more mid-range in terms of protection. I have found Wader Skins to be not too hot, even in hot weather as noted in the examples on my early post. The key is that you can adapt the coverage to your specific application. If you were wearing the complete Wader Skins™ system (torso & leggings), you can undo the shoulder Velcro clasps and pull down the torso portion to your waist, so you only get coverage to your waist…which works out just about right for use in a float tube, even in very warm weather.
In terms of being “water proof”, Wader Skins™ are not water proof. At the openings & juncture points (ankle, thigh and shoulders) very small amounts of water do get in…but like any wetsuit, this water is trapped against your body and your body warms it to a comfortable temperature. Each Wader Skins™ system is custom made to fit you precisely, so the amount of water that gets in is really small. One of the cool features that we built in, is that the ankle has a side slit with velcro, that makes it easy to get the leggings on & off…plus making the seal tight where needed. I use Adamsbuilt wading socks for my feet and they work very well in conjunction with Wader Skins to have an overlap at the ankle (plus the ability to pull down and snap on to wading boots).
The last question about selling just the components (like leggings only), is something we are working on, and I will be able to comment on that in the near future. For now, we are selling the Wader Skins™ system (leggings and torso). I would say that for float tubing if you pull down the torso to the waist (as noted above), you can get the coverage you want for this aquatic application, and not be too hot. For your information, the leggings come to the mid-thigh, so you can wear them while fishing from a pontoon boat or when wading small streams in warm weather. Someone mentioned getting the protection from jellyfish and I hadn’t thought of that benefit…great point!
Hopefully you can see the versatility of Wader Skins™ and the great variety of uses. Wader Skins™ deliver a comfortable, warm and safe way to be in the water doing what you love. Beyond fishing, Wader Skins™ are perfect for water sports like paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, water skiing, wake boarding or jet skiing. If you were going to buy one product to support a wide array of aquatic activities, Wader Skins™ is the obvious choice.

Hope to see you all out in the water wearing your Wader Skins™.

Ron Beltramo
Founder of Wader Skins™

13 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:06 am

jeffcpr

Admin
Hey guys they have 70 hours left on there kick starter please be sure to share this on your social media sites.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

rjb_Skins

Newby
Newby
To all:

As Jeff mentioned, we now have just 48 hours left on the Kick Starter special introductory offer for Wader Skins™…a special price of $350 ($25 savings), plus we pay the freight (another $15 savings). If you want to take advantage of this price, order now.

We did have an inquiry to purchase just the leggings portion of Wader Skins™, and I wanted to make a special offer to the Float Tube Fishing forum of $99 (normally will be $110) and I will pay the freight for orders through the end of August. If you are interested, I hope you will order today.

We are excited about Wader Skins™, and think they are a perfect match for Float Tube & Pontoon Boat Fishers. The key points are that Wader Skins™ are custom made to fit (manufactured here in California) and they offer real comfort & safety used in a wide array of aquatic environments. Wader Skins™ are made of 3-millimeter neoprene…with torso and legging sections, attached by Velcro.

Wader Skins™ deliver a comfortable, warm and safe way to be in the water doing what you love. Beyond fishing, Wader Skins™ are perfect for water sports like paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, water skiing, wake boarding or jet skiing. If you were going to buy one product to support a wide array of aquatic activities, Wader Skins™ is the obvious choice.

Click here for our Kickstarter page

See how WaderSkins are the perfect solution at our website!

Hope to see you out in the water wearing your Wader Skins™.

Ron Beltramo
Founder of Wader Skins™

15 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:41 am

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
"I wanted to make a special offer to the Float Tube Fishing forum of $99 (normally will be $110) and I will pay the freight".

Are you offering the FTFF community the Wader Skins leggings for $99?
If so, I'd be interested in trying them out. They could be useful in staying warmer during our winter wading.

SP Dan <"))><

16 Wader Skins Leggings on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:49 am

rjb_Skins

Newby
Newby
Dan...I am making the special offer for $99 for Wader Skins™ Leggings to the Float Tube Forum (based on your request). I will have to get back with you this weekend for measurements on the Wader Skins™ Leggings and ordering directly.
Thanks,

Ron Beltramo
Founder of Wader Skins™

17 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:45 am

Renegade

Bobber
Bobber
I have gone breathable many years ago, but had this been around back then I would have been all over it. I had shorts neoprene for water skiing, and have always been a fly fisher with wading rivers and pontooning.
Good luck on your quest. The price is a little more than I can do.

18 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:21 pm

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
The reason that I'm interested in this product is that I went all year round; this last year, with only board shorts; even though I own 3 sets of the Simm's breathable waders and G-4 jackets, and the water in my local SW harbors had gotten down to 54 degrees. Burrrrrr!
After 6 to 10 hours in 54 deg water, it took a lil' bit of time to get my leg muscles to start working again in order for me to simply stand up.

If this product does what they advertise it will do for my comfort, then it will be worth every penny to me. It's only money folks!

I'll try it and I'll write a follow-up review on the $99 Wader Skins leggings as well.

SP Dan     <"))><

19 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:30 pm

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
One question:

I'll be sitting in a float tube all day long, is this product designed for long periods of having a bent knee? I'm just concerned that it may not be comfortable at the back of the knee.

What is your warranty and or guarantee on the Wader Skins leggings?

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

20 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:34 pm

rjb_Skins

Newby
Newby
Dan…The nice thing about Wader Skins™ (even the Leggings) is that they are custom made to fit you just right.  They are form fitting but not restrictive.  I have used mine from a pontoon boat and been in the water for about 4 hours at a time and never had a problem with being stiff or getting out of the water and having difficulty standing up.  Dave McCants has used Wader Skins & fished from a pontoon boat for periods of time and had this to say…
“I have been using Wader Skins for two months now.  Wader Skins are a welcome relief from heavy, baggy, and water filling traditional waders.  I say water filling because I’m a bit clumsy, and tend to fall (many times at Putah Creek, CA and now on the Rogue River, OR my new home river) and then spend time emptying 40 gallons of water out of my waders and wringing out my socks.  These falls can make for bad and short days on the river due to getting cold and miserable.  Not so with Wader Skins!
Wader Skins are 3mm and thus light weight, yet custom fit and conform to my body (my wife says I look like an egg with sticks for legs) for total comfort.  Due to Wader Skins conforming to my body (custom measured and built), when I enter water over my thighs (aggressive wader, just ask anyone) the very thin layer of water heats up to body temperature within 30 seconds. I am comfortable all day in wader skins.  I only wear the torso section when it is hot and “wet wade” to stay cool, or I am fishing local lakes from my pontoon boat.  I add the Wader Skins leggings when fishing the Holy Water on the Rogue (temp out of Dam 42-48 degrees) and stay totally comfortable, not having to leave the water to warm up in the local heated bathrooms.
I appreciate the efforts the owners of Wader Skins have made in creating a new product that is safer, more comfortable and stylish enough to give me confidence to walk into restaurants for lunch!
Thank you Wader Skins!”
David P. McCants, California CPA, Retired, Medford, Oregon

Since Wader Skins™ are custom made, we warrant that they will fit you if you take and provide us with accurate measurements (has not been a problem thus far…everyone that has received a pair has been delighted).  If you buy them I want you to be happy with the product, so if there are any problems you can contact me and I will make it right by you.  I am actually excited to have you try the product in your application and getting feedback from you.  I have every confidence that you will enjoy your experience with Wader Skins™.  If you want to have further dialogue, we can do so.
Thanks,
Ron Beltramo
Founder of Wader Skins™

21 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Renegade

Bobber
Bobber
All great info and great knowledge of the product.
I am a Simm's chest wader user and gotta say 100 degree to even 20 degree I fish it all. The neoprene foot will always produce moisture (sweat).
The fact that your wader are like a second skin is a wonderful feature. I just don't see how the sweat issue can not be a problem.
As for float tubes, pontoons. I do wear Bailey breathable hip waders. again, only foot area is neoprene and that is the only area that comes out damp from sweat.
I am not discounting you have a great product, just giving my long earned personal experience.

22 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:23 pm

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Thank you David P. McCants, California CPA, Retired, Medford, Oregon.

I lived in Grants Pass, Oregon for 13 years next to the Rogue River and fished it more than most and I completely understand what you are saying about the river's conditions and the weather there.
I reallyy appreciate your testimony and your shared experiences with your Wader Skins.

Also, thank you Ron Beltramo for sharing your special leggings offer to the FTFF group.

SP Dan     <"))><

23 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:45 am

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
I have another question Ron,

I noticed that at the top of the leggins that there are Velcro patches attached.

Will the leggings stay in place on the legs without the use of the Velcro patches and if so may I order the leggings without the Velcro attached? I don't see the need for the Velcro in my application.

SP Dan <"))><

24 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:42 am

rjb_Skins

Newby
Newby
Dan...I already took this into consideration and planned to create the Leggings without the Velcro strips at the top. I do plan to have the Velcro strip at the ankles (this makes it easier to put on & take off). Doing this is one of the ways to get the cost reduced so we can price at $99.
I will get back to you this weekend about getting measurements.

Ron Beltramo
Founder of Wader Skins™

25 Re: Wader Skins a new idea what do you think? on Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:48 pm

kobra

Junior
Junior
The leggings worn under breathable waders during the winter sounds like the perfect setup.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum