» Check this out guys.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 6:51 am

» Beginner's question about purchase of fins
by SP Dan Yesterday at 5:55 am

» Happy Fathers Day
by Jerdon Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 pm

» Seven Bass Sale's Page
by jeffcpr Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:45 am

» What happened to the curlytail, twister type worms?
by Jerdon Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:01 pm

» OK - that was quick....
by GT Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:19 pm

» Reduced $ NIB Cumberland Float Tube w/ Rod Rack
by SP Dan Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:51 am

» Fishing Apps... lets talk apps
by Mo2vation Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:22 pm

» FOR SALE FATCAT
by kirkboat Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:27 am

» To Scent Or Not To Scent
by GT Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » CA Float Tubers » Just bought a fish cat 4

Just bought a fish cat 4

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Just bought a fish cat 4 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:06 am

562fly

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Hey guys I just bought a fish cat 4 and was wondering what would be the best fins to get. I plan to fish the bays like los Alamitos and of course do some lake fishing too. Advice will be much appreciated.

2 Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 on Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:10 am

mthaubs

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
Yea. I bought mine at Bass Pro. I think mine may also be inadequate for longer runs. It seems I spend too much energy. I could use some advise also.

3 Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:37 am

Jerdon

I have Force Fins and Omega Fins.  I have tried several others over the years and can only recommend either of these. The Omega Fins feel faster, but I have no way of proving that. The Omega Fins use a lot more muscle and energy than the Force Fins to travel the same distance.

If you feel you are in great shape try the Omega or other "Big/Long" diving fins. If you feel you want to conserve your energy nothing I have tried beats the Force Fins so far.  I am certain that if you get Force Fins you will not need another pair. Make sure they fit over your  winter boots or waders as well as your summer gear.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4 Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:49 pm

mthaubs

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
Thanks

5 Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:52 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
I am very use to dive fins it is what I have always used and seems to work best for me. But I agree force fins are a top choice of most tubers here you cannot go wrong with a good fitting pair of force fins.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

6 Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:06 pm

SP Dan

I use Force Fins.
Remember ... this is not a race ... rather it's about being stealth while positioning yourself for your next cast.
Any fin will do the job.

Yes, there will be times that you will need to power kick .... but very seldom for me.
Just plan you sessions accordingly with the flooding and draining tides of the harbors.
It's a learn by trial and error.

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : SP)

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

7 Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:04 pm

562fly

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I use Force Fins.
Remember ... this is not a race ... rather it's about being stealth while positioning yourself for your next cast.
Any fin will do the job.

Yes, there will be times that you will need to power kick .... but very seldom for me.
Just plan you sessions accordingly with the flooding and draining tides of the harbors.

SP Dan     <"))><

Do you use wading boots or do you have a bootie for your force fins

8 Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:04 pm

SP Dan

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I use Force Fins.
Any fin will do the job.

SP Dan     <"))><

I always use slip-on water boots,

SP Ddan <"))><

9 Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:06 pm

562fly

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
[quote="SP Dan"]
Any fin will do the job.

SP Dan     <"))><

SP Ddan     <"))><[/quote

I currently have corkers and was planning to use them with some force fins. Would it be best to get booties instead.

10 Re: Just bought a fish cat 4 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:19 pm

SP Dan

Any fin will do the job.

SP Dan     <"))><

SP Dan     <"))><[/quote

I currently have corkers and was planning to use them with some force fins. Would it be best to get booties instead.

I apologize .... I really don't know what a corker is so I find my self not being qualified to answer your question with any experience or knowledge.

I wear a low-top, very thin-walled slip-on water shoe named "SuperFreak" by O'Neill.
I don't wear waders and I wear the water shoes directly on my feet prior to the Force Fins.
FYI ... some people don't use water shoes and place the fins directly on their feet.
I like the cushion and protection from possible rash rubs from long periods of kicking with the fins.

SP Dan     <"))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum