» Perris Lake
by GT Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:38 am

» Some stuff I got in trade
by Master Baiter Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:46 am

» Some pretty Awesome Decorative pieces
by Master Baiter Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:55 pm

» Welcome to Wader Skins
by Jerdon Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:05 pm

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by Misfitdog Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:19 pm

» Happy Birthday Marine Corps
by SP Dan Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:48 am

» How Much Does Your Fully Loaded FT Weigh?
by SP Dan Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:07 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » CA Float Tubers » Where to go for float tube fishing - Los Alamitos Bay

Where to go for float tube fishing - Los Alamitos Bay

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Ornery Bob

One of the big questions I had about float tubing when I was thinking of buying a tube was where to go?

I didn't really understand that "launching" is best accomplished from a sandy beach where you can simply walk into the water. You can flop into the tube from a dock that isn't too high, but it's a hassle and not really necessary for anywhere that I go.

Because I didn't know any better, I started out going to regular boat launch ramps. They offer ample parking and easy access to the water and sometimes are the best option. But for lots of places, there are better options and Los Alamitos Bay is one of those places that offers free parking and easy access to the water, if you know where to go.

So I've decided to add "Where To Go Float Tube Fishing" videos to my channel in order to help people get started in this great sport of float tube fishing. Naturally, if it works for a float tube, it will work for a kayak, or even the guys fishing from Stand Up Paddleboards. I just discovered that SUP fishing is a thing now.

I've integrated some "where to go" info in my videos before but by creating this featured series, I hope to make it easier for people to find this information and get themselves off the shore and onto the water!

Happy fishing!

http://www.ornerybob.com

kobra

Junior
Junior
Thanks for the cool vid Bob. One of these days, I need to make a trip up there. Your vid helps to know where to launch from.

Jerdon

Great instruction Bob.
Thanks for sharing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Ornery Bob

Thanks guys! 

This video has surprised me. It's only been up a few days and it's already on pace to be one of my most popular videos. The comments I'm getting tell me that people are hungry for this sort of information to help them get started, so I'll definitely be doing more of them.

There's no question that videos of catching fish from a float tube get people excited about the idea of float tube fishing, but I also think there's a need for information that covers the more mundane aspects of the sport. When you're new, knowing something as simple as where to park your car can make the difference between feeling confident to get started, or feeling lost and putting it off.

"Great vid Bob. Gonna get float tubing soon. The info is very helpful!"

"I really liked this video. I'm still fairly new to fishing the bays. This is great for people who aren't sure where to park and launch. I would definitely be interested in more of these videos."

People are telling me what they want, and I'm listening!

http://www.ornerybob.com

TobyB

Newby
Newby
Another great video. So much great information you are sharing. Thank you for passing that along.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum