» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:13 pm

» CastMate Systems V2.0 Rod Holder
by filippodg Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by mthaubs Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:55 pm

» Report from Great Alma Fishing Float on the Mississippi River
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 pm

» Canyon Lake float tubing for general public?
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Float Tubes, Pontoons, and Equipment Reviews » Just wondering

Just wondering

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Just wondering on Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:20 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
What are some features you like about your float tube or a float tube you would like to get. I am wondering what everyone like in a float tube.
For me I really like the Pocket size on my Cumberland and the Foam Seat works well for me. I also like the stadium seating so nice to be mostly out of the water. What do you like?

Matthew 4:19
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

2 Re: Just wondering on Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:07 pm

kobra

Junior
Junior
Pretty much the same for my fat cat.

3 Re: Just wondering on Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:21 am

Jerdon

I have the Cumberland.

Compared to most other float tubes the Cumberland has larger pockets for storage, also the air valves are easy to access. I can sit in the tube and fish comfortably for six hours or so with everything I need at arms length.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4 Re: Just wondering on Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:09 am

Ornery Bob

I've only ever used one tube, so I don't have anything to compare, but my Super Fat Cat with inflatable seat and back rides high. My butt gets wet but that's about it. I do wish the pockets were removable. The built-in "cup holders" are a nuisance. The large area behind the seat is very useful.

This may sound silly, but the thing I like most about my float tube is simply that I can manage it. I live in a studio apartment with no garage, and so my "fishing boat" lives folded up in a closet. 

Having the tube gives me access to water that I wouldn't have any other way. I was getting burned out on shore fishing, but the tube has changed everything.

http://www.ornerybob.com

5 Re: Just wondering Today at 7:39 am

Hunt

Bobber
Bobber
Cabela's has this Fish Cat 4 on sale for $169:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://www.integrity-traders.com

6 Re: Just wondering Today at 8:00 am

SP Dan

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Cabela's has this Fish Cat 4 on sale for $169:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hey Hunt,

I own both the Cumberland and the orange colored Fish Cat 4 Deluxe and I wish that the Fish Cat 4 Deluxe had the padded foam seat and back-rest like the one you are looking at.

That's a good $ price.

PROs ... The construction and the materials used are excellent in my experience.
CONs ... It doesn't have the same amount of storage as the Cumberland, which I require.

Please let us know if this is indeed the FT that you ended up purchasing.
It's a good looking tube.  Thumbs Up

SP Dan    <"))><

7 Re: Just wondering Today at 8:31 am

mthaubs

Newby
Newby
I really enjoy the option to have removable pouches that can be loaded prior to fishing and then removed for transporting. I guess that is why I bought my Prowler, it packs tight and the seat is also inflatable. I use a $30 duffel bag from Big 5 to store it.

8 Re: Just wondering Today at 8:46 am

Hunt

Bobber
Bobber
Hey Dan, I always thought I would like the inflatable seat and back instead but never had one to look at, let alone test. When I bought mine years ago there was only one color, blue, then later olive came along. Now this navy blue version is for sale but is otherwise identical to mine. I also wish my storage pouches were larger. The storage on my XTS pontoon is massive but also full.

http://www.integrity-traders.com

9 Re: Just wondering Today at 9:20 am

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
I went from the Cumberland to a Fat Cat......I miss the large pockets of the Combie but I love the inflatable seat. I can go all day fishing with my bad back. My butt use to burn on the foam seat of the Combie after a few hours. Funny thing too I miss the bar that keeps the tubes in place. And most of all I miss the GREEN, Go Packers........GT

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum