» Thank you Ornery Bob
by Jerdon Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 pm

» All Small's at the LAB!
by Hollywood1 Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:05 pm

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Island Grissom
by Ornery Bob Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:40 pm

» Leg and foot cramps..not fun
by jeffcpr Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:09 pm

» Wader Skins a new idea what do you think?
by rjb_Skins Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:42 pm

» Laughlin info and tips?
by jeffcpr Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:31 am

» Newbie from So Cal! Hello
by SP Dan Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:40 pm

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Queensway Bay
by Ornery Bob Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:24 am

» Catch of the Month July 2017
by kobra Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 pm

» Ohio not well repped I see?
by Ornery Bob Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:16 am

» Wetgear Ripfins
by Misfitdog Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Rocket Bobbers

Rocket Bobbers

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rocket Bobbers on Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Komori

Junior
Junior
Any bobber fishermen out there? While a buddy of mine and myself were fishing for Bluegill and Redears, my friend Dan was catching more fish than me. We both were fishing with ultralight outfits and 2 lb test mono, size 10 Eagle Claw black Circle Hooks (world's best panfish hooks!), waxworks for bait and we were using bobbers. The bobber he was using was a weird shaped pink one called a "Rocket Bobber" and he said it was the ultralight size, 4 inches long. His bobber would just lay on it's side after a cast and when a fish took his bait it just started to move the pointed tip up a little. Dan would then just start fighting his next big Bluegill. (you don't need to "set the hook" with circle hooks, fish actually hook themselves.) Evidently you can cast a mile with that bobber and I guess it's way more sensitive than my round plastic ones. I was never that picky about bobbers, but my buddy sure is. Anyone have any info on these Rocket Bobbers? I heard that they are super popular in the south and over in the UK.

2 Re: Rocket Bobbers on Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
I have always been a bobber fanatic and when I am pan fishing I love to bobber fish just seems to be more fun that way. As for the Rocket Bobber I cannot say that I have ever seen this before. I looked it up very cool I am interested and think when I have the chance I will pick up a few.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

3 Re: Rocket Bobbers on Thu May 18, 2017 7:51 pm

Jerdon

When I fish from shore I use the classic red and white plastic bobber. When I am in the tube I am the bobber . Twisted Evil

Thanks for sharing. One more toy to buy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4 Re: Rocket Bobbers on Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 pm

Komori

Junior
Junior
Walmart was suppose to carry Rocket Bobbers, and the wife wanted to shop there this evening, so I spent a few minutes in the fishing section. Naturally they didn't have those bobbers, or even a place where they would be hanging, so I ended up buying some more Roboworms (4.25" Morning Dawn) and a couple Pepper Custom Baits bass jigs that looked pretty good. I going to Fisherman's Retreat tomorrow and I thought it would be fun to try those bobbers while fishing for Bluegill. Oh well, I'll just have to use my old red and white standard bobbers that have worked for me for many years..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum