» Thank you Ornery Bob
by Jerdon Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 pm

» All Small's at the LAB!
by Hollywood1 Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:05 pm

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Island Grissom
by Ornery Bob Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:40 pm

» Leg and foot cramps..not fun
by jeffcpr Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:09 pm

» Wader Skins a new idea what do you think?
by rjb_Skins Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:42 pm

» Laughlin info and tips?
by jeffcpr Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:31 am

» Newbie from So Cal! Hello
by SP Dan Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:40 pm

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Queensway Bay
by Ornery Bob Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:24 am

» Catch of the Month July 2017
by kobra Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 pm

» Ohio not well repped I see?
by Ornery Bob Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:16 am

» Wetgear Ripfins
by Misfitdog Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Cumberland Vs Fish Cat 4

Cumberland Vs Fish Cat 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cumberland Vs Fish Cat 4 on Mon May 15, 2017 2:36 pm

Partycrasher

Newby
Newby
Can anyone tell me what they think comparing the Cumberland Vs the Outcast Fish Cat 4. It looks like the Fish cat 4 doesn't have that spreader bar. Is it not needed and why. The design seems similar. Cabelas has Fish Cat 4's on a sweet deal ($169.99) in an up-coming Memorial Day sale. I was thinking about getting another one so I could take another kid along on our float tube adventures. Thanks for any input. Marc

2 Re: Cumberland Vs Fish Cat 4 on Mon May 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Jerdon

I have the Cumberland and it is just a little bit bigger and has larger storage pockets than the Fish cat 4. I think the Fish cat is a higher quality tube than the Cumberland. SPDan, who is a member here, has both and prefers the Cumberland to the Fish cat 4. Most guys 200 pounds and bigger prefer the Cumberland. If I weighed a 150 pounds or less, and knew I traveled light, I would buy the Fish cat 4 for $169 for sure. 

I hope this helps

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: Cumberland Vs Fish Cat 4 on Tue May 16, 2017 12:29 pm

kin

Junior
Junior
Depends on what you are using it for honestly. The fishcat is a tank of a tube...heavy duty and sits higher out of the water. However, it is also a heavier tube to lug around. The lack of the crossbar on the fish cat is because it has a thicker foam seat than the cumberland. Similar to the ODC420, the seat acts as the spreader bar to prevent the "taco effect". Storage wise, never really compared them because I dont carry too much with me on the tube these days.
I love my cumberland because it's easier for me to transport from the car to the launch spot. However, if I can park right next to the water to launch, I wouldn't hesitate to take the fishcat4.

4 Re: Cumberland Vs Fish Cat 4 on Tue May 16, 2017 3:24 pm

singletrack

Newby
Newby
I own both. I really like both of the tubes mentioned. The fish cat is defiantly better constructed. But the cumberland does float a little better and has quite a bit more built in storage.

I have fished for about 6 years in my fish cat. I switch to a cumberland about a year ago. I would say for me the build quality is my only concern with the cumberland.

If it matters to you Fish Cat has a much better warranty and they stand by it very strongly. I had some issues with there bladders right at the 5 year mark and they sent me two new ones no questions asked. I also had an issue with the cumberland in that first year and they took care of it with no problem. So both companies I give good marks to in regard to that.

I would say it would depends how big you are or how much gear you bring that would be my other way to look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPxZQaZknKgs79MOETz5frQ

5 Re: Cumberland Vs Fish Cat 4 on Tue May 16, 2017 3:32 pm

Misfitdog

Bobber
Bobber
Fish Cat 5 Max has just came out and has larger pockets now and is a tad bit bigger then the fish cat 4 deluxe , so seeing the fish cat 4 going on sale is not unexpected Smile

As far as some have said the Fish cat 4 does ride higher in the water then the cumberland and does not manage the weight of the larger guys as it is narrower . as far as weight goes the fish cat 4 depending on model weighs in @ a cool 16# and the cumberland weighs in at 18# , if i was looking for a tanker tube which is what i wanted then the fish cat meets my needs .

I am really interested in the Fish Cat 5 Max as it is made wider and now holds up too 300# and is going to be giving cumberland's a run for there money and only weighs 15.5#  and still have that well built design !

Edit : 100% agree with the post above me that both tube's have excellent customer service , good call there .. my 2 cents I have invested in the Fish cat and am very happy with my tube , really looking at buying the new one and maybe holding my deluxe as a back up or selling it soon Thumbs Up

Wes

6 Re: Cumberland Vs Fish Cat 4 on Tue May 16, 2017 5:14 pm

inthedeep2

Newby
Newby
just an fyi Costco has cumberlands right now online with fins for $150. I couldn't pass it up.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum