» My SAFETY IS #1
by jeffcpr Today at 7:20 am

» Wear PFD or not?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 10:09 pm

» Stutterstep lures
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 1:28 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:30 am

» How Much Does Your Fully Loaded FT Weigh?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:23 am

» Fishing T.V. shows what do you like
by chipmcd Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:23 pm

» Float Tube Fishing Accessories - Nets
by chipmcd Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:09 pm

» New plastic bass bait
by kin Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:21 pm

» Lights for night fishing
by SP Dan Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:16 pm

» Hanging out with Chad from Hookup Baits.
by Ornery Bob Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:52 am

» Fishing Swap Meet and Expo
by Tony G Fishing Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:13 am

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tube Fishing Tournament Series » Tournament Series Discussion » Tournament Adjustments For July

Tournament Adjustments For July

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tournament Adjustments For July on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:41 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
So wed have had some discussions since September of last year, and it is time to make some adjustments so here is what we are going to be doing.

1. 200 points per week. Each competitor can score up to and not over 200 points a week, (week is defined as Monday - Sunday). If a competitor should catch a combination of fish in a week that give them 205 or 210 points they will only be awarded 200 points for the week.

2. Challenge points. First if you catch any 3 species on the approved tournament list of legal length in one week (defined as Monday - Sunday), you will receive 10 extra points. These challenge points can only be scored once in a week and cannot be a combination of freshwater and saltwater fish. It can only be one or the other.
Next is longest fish twice a month. You can score and extra 10 points if you land the longest fish of the month. These points will only be award every 2 weeks and there will be 2 winner in the category one for the Saltwater and one for the Freshwater category (you cannot win both).
Finally Longest in all species. You can win an extra 5 points for having the longest fish of each species at the end of the Tournament. You can win multiples as well as freshwater and saltwater if you do have the longest fish in each species category.

3. Finally we will cut down the July event to 3 month instead of 4 months. There is a chance we will shorten it again for next year but for now we will see how 3 months goes.

These are the rule changes for the July event, the rules changes are in an effort to level the playing field and give everyone a chance to enjoy the tournament. We will once again have an open discussion near the end of the July tournament in an effort to handle any more issues. My hope is that once we start the Tournaments for 2018 that we have it all nailed down and running smoothly.

Just wanted to make sure this was out there for everyone to see and I will be sure to add it to the official rules. Thanks for your understanding and good luck to those FTFF members fishing the Tournament in July.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

2 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:55 pm

Mscustomflies

Bobber
Bobber
Rule ammendments read a fair playing field to me

There's a chance I might win some points for the longest pike at least, and possibly pick up a bonus for longest fish of the month Very Happy

3 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:41 pm

Ornery Bob

This looks good to me. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Looking forward to it.

Thanks, Jeff. It's obviously a lot of work. Thumbs Up

http://www.ornerybob.com

4 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:04 pm

frankd619

Bobber
Bobber
No bonus for larger fish point wise?

5 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:05 pm

frankd619

Bobber
Bobber
A big bass fresh or salt should be 25 or 30 points

6 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:07 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Yes there are challenge points or bonus points for longest fish, twice a month. Also at the longest fish of each species wins challenge or bonus points.

7 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:18 pm

Litefoot

Bobber
Bobber
Sound's good I'm in thanks cheers

8 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Mscustomflies

Bobber
Bobber
Any chance of adding grayling onto the species list as we discussed, this would allow me a shot at the 3 species bonus points

Cheers
Martin

9 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:52 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Yes i plan to have a list for your area before we start.

10 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:12 am

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Could White Sea Bass be added to the SW list?

They are a rare and seldom landed fish.
The length would be for a Juvenal length of course and not the 28" legal length.

Just a thought for your consideration,

SP Dan <"))><

11 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:24 am

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Would you re-consider starting the 1st tournament of the year to begin on April 1, 2018.

The OC Harbors and the LAH bite w/ spawn sized fish starts up about then and it would even the board with the warmer waters of SD.

We could call it the ...... "April Fool's Day- Float Tube Fishing- Tournament"
Just a thought.

SP Dan <"))><

12 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:00 am

jeffcpr

Admin
SP Dan wrote:Could White Sea Bass be added to the SW list?

The length would be for a Juvenal length of course and not the 28" legal length.

SP Dan     <"))><

I would like to add more fish to the list maybe not now but we will in the future for sure.

SP Dan wrote:Would you re-consider starting the 1st tournament of the year to begin on April 1, 2018.

The OC Harbors and the LAH bite w/ spawn sized fish starts up about then and it would even the board with the warmer waters of SD.

We could call it the ...... "April Fool's Day- Float Tube Fishing- Tournament"
Just a thought.

SP Dan     <"))><

This will be up for discussion soon. Not sure if April is a good time to start round 1 only because it pushes everything back, but we can discuss it when the time comes.

13 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:00 am

jeffcpr

Admin

SP Dan     <"))><

OK so Mackerel are a pain to hold still for pictures, so I am thinking of changing the Mackerel to the White Sea Bass, does any think this is wrong and why. My thoughts are this the White Sea Bass is a much easier fish to handle. We need to come up with a length and should it be worth 15 or 20 points.

14 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:25 pm

Jerdon

jeffcpr wrote:

SP Dan     <"))><

OK so Mackerel are a pain to hold still for pictures, so I am thinking of changing the Mackerel to the White Sea Bass, does any think this is wrong and why.  My thoughts are this the White Sea Bass is a much easier fish to handle.  We need to come up with a length and should it be worth 15 or 20 points.

Why not keep the macks AND add WSB? I hear WSB are being caught more than 10 years ago, but still fairly rare.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

15 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:35 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
I am going to pull muskie for the lists as it looks hard to tell the differece between Pike and Muskie. Also for saltwater i will pull the Mackerel and replace it with the White Sea Bass.

16 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:43 am

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
I would like to see the Tournament page be used only for what it's meant purpose was for ...
to ... "enter pictures of your qualifying fish" only.
So simple.

At times ... I tend to forget which page is the official tournament page when members have at times turn it into a blog page on all other topics rather that showing pictures of one's fish entries.
We have several blog pages for many and all blog topics .... so let's try to make an effort in this next Tournament round to make an attempt to better control the gear reviews, the miss fish reports and get back on the main focus of this page which is to show pictures "proof" of your "Tournament qualifying fish."

My two cents

17 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:56 am

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Jerdon wrote:
jeffcpr wrote:

SP Dan     <"))><

OK so Mackerel are a pain to hold still for pictures, so I am thinking of changing the Mackerel to the White Sea Bass, does any think this is wrong and why.  My thoughts are this the White Sea Bass is a much easier fish to handle.  We need to come up with a length and should it be worth 15 or 20 points.

Why not keep the macks AND add WSB? I hear WSB are being caught more than 10 years ago, but still fairly rare.

I agree with Jerdon.
Why not keep the Macks on the list with the WSB?!
And if you are really lucky ... one might land one or two per-season. But they are still very rare to catch.

I would like to see their point value at 25 pts w/ no size limit per WSB "Ghost" due to how rare they are to catch.

18 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:09 pm

Ornery Bob

I'm afraid my cents are rolling the other direction...

We had a problem with PoBoy using the Tournament thread like he treated every other thread where he felt he could come in and talk crap, but that problem was eliminated.

As for posting other sorts of information along with "pictures of your qualifying fish" I don't see it as a problem.

Dan, you certainly add a lot of information to your posts like time, place, weather, total fish count (including non-qualifiers) and I, for one, like it and appreciate it. I certainly wouldn't want to see you stop posting that stuff.

One problem we've had with the tournament was that it tended/tends to get the majority of posts, and "pictures only" posts aren't going to do much for the visitors we get that aren't in the tournament - which is the majority of visitors.

We can't look at the Tournament Series Thread like it only exists for the benefit of people in the tournament. It's still part of the bigger picture here and we shouldn't forget that.

In point of fact, I think we should encourage people to treat their tournament entries like any other catch report, and give as much info as they feel comfortable with.

Talking about float tube fishing is why this forum exists and tournament fishing is still float tube fishing, so why not talk about it like any other fishing we talk about?

Let's also not forget that Jeff asked everyone to also post regular catch reports along with their tournament posts and for the most part, people simply didn't do it.

There are only a small number of people in the tournaments and only a small number of active posters in the forum at any given time and they tend to overlap quite a bit... I think paring any posts down in any way isn't the way to go.

As long as what people are posting is in the spirit of a catch report and in the spirit of helping their fellow fishermen, then I think it should be encouraged, not eliminated.

http://www.ornerybob.com

19 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:07 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
I agree on both sides. The thread for the tournament shouod be for pictures only, but good conversation is always important.
I would like to see us use the Tounament conversation yhread more. Maybe we can find a happy medium or make a change that will effect this positively. We can make the tournament thread post open to only those in the tournament. No one else can see the post and there for it will only be for those on the list. We could also continue the tournament talk thread were more info and details can be shared. Just thinking out load right now i will do more explaining later.

20 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:31 pm

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Yes Bob, I agree that I mention my catches but ONLY post qualifying fish pictures.
I keep it short and to the point.

I for one don't and won't post my Sat and Sun sessions twice per day ... I'll leave that up to you Bob and others. lol

I'm not on your mission, I'm here simply to fish. That's it!

Bob ... your doing a fine job of posting up and videoing up absolutely everything you can. Keep up the good work. Thumbs Up

Oh and Bob ... if you've seen my regular fish reports ... now that's a lot of information!

Are there any other issues that you feel a need to bring up Bob?

21 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
So would like to say this it was never intended that those posting for the tournament would have to post in 2 places. With that being said we do have a lack of other types of posts.

It is great when people are posting there reports as this helps create other discussions. I think the newer members joining are not feeling they have much to add wi th tourney going on.

I asked once before maybe we should make the tournament picture thread viewable only to those in the tournament. This way only those fishing the tournament can post there and we wouod have better control of the contect of the thread. Then if you would like you could add a report of your own for everyone to view. Also i could once every few weeks post the highlights of the tournament. What do you guys think?

22 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:59 pm

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Question: Jeff ... how do we expect to get more people interested in the tournament if they can't view it here on FTFF?

You already have new people signing up for the following Tournament, perhaps by some of the people that watched the past trial tournament as well as this on going one.

I for one think that everyone should be able to view the Tournament page but everyone should not be allowed to reply or post on the Tournament page.
Exclusive only to the entrants. Is this even possible to do?

SP Dan     <"))><

23 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:02 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Yes i think that we can do that.

24 Re: Tournament Adjustments For July on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:25 pm

kin

Junior
Junior
in regards to the drop in posts vs tournament submissions. Why not just allow entrants to post reports of their catches, then submit their desired entries through pm? At the end of the week, tournament admin can update the standings with noteable catches and other bits of info. This cleans up the tournament thread so people can get clear cut standings instead of digging through pages of photos. This also increases posts for reports as well, encouraging/teaching and engaging more of our target audience?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum