» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:13 pm

» CastMate Systems V2.0 Rod Holder
by filippodg Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by mthaubs Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:55 pm

» Report from Great Alma Fishing Float on the Mississippi River
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 pm

» Canyon Lake float tubing for general public?
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:53 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tube Fishing Tournament Series » Tournament Series Discussion » January tourney talk.

January tourney talk.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76 Re: January tourney talk. on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:47 am

jeffcpr

Admin
Just had thought, we are talking about challenge points what if we do this as well. I will post a random lure type, and fish to be caught. If you are the first to post up catching a fish with that lure during the tournament, you get those extra points. Then we add another lure type and run it again.

So right now we have the idea of a point limit per week, as well as making round 2 3 months long for now. The challenge points are right now, 3 species from the tournament list in one outing caught (all must be of legal tournament size and on the list). Also biggest fish per category at the end will receive challenge points. And if you like we can add the Lure Challenge points as well.

We will need to come up with some better explination to the challenge points system as well. I think this all sounds good and I would like to lock this down soon.

Matthew 4:19
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

77 Re: January tourney talk. on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm

Just some things to think about Jeff:

Now..you can make any rules you want to. But.....as soon as you accept money under laid out parameters, well..... You are vulnerable.

I could care less, ( I ALWAYS land on my feet!)

As soon as you change the parameters of the original aggreement...that equates to a contract breech.

You won't get any trouble out ot of me.,but..it could happen!

So later on.... ( when you get really big, you need to know these things.)

(Im just messin with ya.)...( although what I'm saying has some real life foundation.)

78 Re: January tourney talk. on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:03 am

Just a random thought:

Whether you fish one day or seven, how many of you think you could catch fish if you were on the water every day and knew what the fish were biting and where they were.

Like shooting fish in a barrel, right?

Thoughts on Professional fishermen in this friendly little competition?

79 Re: January tourney talk. on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:30 am

HugeEuge57

Bobber
Bobber
Let's not over-complicate the event. Adding little twists like the first to catch on a lure and catching 3 species takes away from the overall competition in my opinion. I fish for LM bass normally, and striped bass, smallies and catfish on the rare occasion so a 3 species catch most likely will never be in the cards for me...that favors saltwater guys. The lure thing can also be an issue because throwing a skirted jig in the ocean probably isn't going to produce much as throwing squid in a lake probably won't be helpful either. Unless you're talking 3 species during the entire tournament, then it makes sense...but 3 in an outing will never happen for most of us freshwater guys.

80 Re: January tourney talk. on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:48 am

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Let's not over-complicate the event.  Adding little twists like the first to catch on a lure and  catching 3 species takes away from the overall competition in my opinion.  I fish for LM bass normally, and striped bass, smallies and catfish on the rare occasion so a 3 species catch most likely will never be in the cards for me...that favors saltwater guys.  The lure thing can also be an issue because throwing a skirted jig in the ocean probably isn't going to produce much as throwing squid in a lake probably won't be helpful either.  Unless you're talking 3 species during the entire tournament, then it makes sense...but 3 in an outing will never happen for most of us freshwater guys.  

I hear that but not sure that is entirely true on both ends. I am shocked that know one has done this yet. My intention is to try and get people out of there comfort zone and target something new. If you reach your 200 points in the week the challenge points can give you a reason to keep fishing that is the goal. The hope is people will target other fish as well. We can still discuss this and don't feel that the challenge points will make a big difference. They are not going to be huge and there will be limits on those as well. Still just in the discussion faze 70% 30% it will happen.

81 Re: January tourney talk. on Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:53 am

Ornery Bob

Please let's all remember that this thread is for the January tournament that is happening right now and the points and players are a done deal.

Discussion for the upcoming tournament has it's own thread.

http://www.ornerybob.com

82 Re: January tourney talk. on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:34 am

HugeEuge57

Bobber
Bobber
Jeff I get it now. I'm a little slow...the 115 degree summers can melt parts of your brain.

83 Re: January tourney talk. on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:45 am

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Jeff I get it now.  I'm a little slow...the 115 degree summers can melt parts of your brain.  

No worries bro there is a lot going on right now, and it is a little crazy on my end. We will figure it all out soon, and I promise there will be no surprises along the way.

84 Mama said there'd be days like this. on Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:47 pm

I don't remember exactly where or when I said it, but I said if the crappie were spawning, I would be screwed.

Well, I gave the bridge a thorough going over for 2 hrs. After that...( one baby LMB and one sand bass, a couple of bluegill nibbles)... I knew my fears were well founded.

Like I said, there was one small area that might hold a fish or two if they were on the spawn. Well, I caught 2, a small male in full spawning color, and a small female that would measure. 3 or 4 small bluegill....and that was it.

What's bad is, I know where to go to get the spawners, but it's very difficult without a boat.

Anyway, a really poor showing for me, but at least I've broke the ice. It's supposed to be semi calm again tomorrow, but, I don't know if I want to try to make it into a cove and tube a mile or two, ( just to get to the fish), try a new spot on that same lake, or drive 20 miles to a different (deeper) lake and hope they are on the spawn there.

85 Re: January tourney talk. on Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 pm

I've made my mind up...I'm going to Bear Creek.

Update tomorrow.

86 UNBELIEVABLE!!!! on Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:46 pm

So I make the 20 mile trip to Bear Creek. There's a big steel gate thats padlocked and nobody around. You know it used to be open and free. Then they started charging, and closing the gate at night, NOW, they're closing it for the Winter! ( I've got some plans for that, but being the wind is going to be blowing close to 30 mph tomorrow, I'm not fishing anywhere!!

So.... the next closest place is Mustang Park. I drive out there ( even though it's not where I want to fish.) I figure although the pickings will be slim, I'll catch a few.

I pay $5 just to get to the boat ramp, and what do I see????
A GUY IN A TUBE!!! ( I haven't seen another tube fisherman in 15 years!!!!) So I'm after crappie....this dude has been fishing this spot for over 5 hours, plucking off the few crappie that were there!!!!!!

And as soon as I get in the water , the wind starts building. It's gonna be a chore just to get where he's been fishing!!! I fished a little bit, but the wind was whooping up on me....when you start getting splashed in the face, not really fun fishing a low percentage spot.

I was gonna tell you what I'm going to do , but it's most likely illegal. If you're curious, PM me.

87 Re: January tourney talk. on Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Dang!!!! 35 mph winds the next few days!!!!

I'm telling you, Spring in N. Texas is wicked!

88 Re: January tourney talk. on Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:58 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
So the prize list was asked for a while back well here it is guys, I have pretty much everything just a few missing pieces.

We have talked a lot about this Tournament, but the one thing we have not talked much about it the Prizes. (turns out I forgot Fishfindermounts.com

1st place - Plaque, Team Fish​ Rod Rack, Fishfindermount Systems, Fisheye Camera Jig, Fishhead custom lures​ , and Cumberland Float Tube From Classic Accessories​.

2nd place - Plaque, DS Attack Rat​ , and, Fisheye Camera Jig

3rd place - Plaque, DS Attack Rat , and Fisheye Camera Jig

Largest over all fish - Smartbaits Fishing Lures​ Prize Pack

Largest Freshwater fish and Saltwater fish - Medals

3 Species caught Fresh and / or salt - Medals

89 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:04 am

@jeffcpr wrote:So the prize list was asked for a while back well here it is guys, I have pretty much everything just a few missing pieces.

We have talked a lot about this Tournament, but the one thing we have not talked much about it the Prizes. (turns out I forgot Fishfindermounts.com

1st place - Plaque, Team Fish​ Rod Rack, Fishfindermount Systems, Fisheye Camera Jig, Fishhead custom lures​ , and Cumberland Float Tube From Classic Accessories​.

2nd place - Plaque, DS Attack Rat​ , and, Fisheye Camera Jig

3rd place - Plaque, DS Attack Rat , and Fisheye Camera Jig

Largest over all fish - Smartbaits Fishing Lures​ Prize Pack

Largest Freshwater fish and Saltwater fish - Medals

3 Species caught Fresh and / or salt - Medals

You forgot my trophy, Jeff!!!

90 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:20 am

ok... Well, I did a drive by and the cove looks good.

IF!!! I've guessed wrong....( and the only reason I didn't catch fish on the bridge is I haven't fished in over 3 years).....welll....this is going to be a bad day.

Besides 27 mph wind, if the crappie aren't there, it's catfish or carp! And I'm not tooling up for carp today.

91 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:21 am

I did a drive- by on the cove, looks pretty good.

92 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:44 pm

joshyouwa.r

Bobber
Bobber
Not to be that guy but I thinkthere should be a difference in the prizes for 2nd and 3rd place if that is possible.

93 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:47 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
I think I can add to 2nd place that for saying so. A group in Texas notices what we are doing and sent us some bottles of Scent to give away so I could at least add the to the list.

94 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:53 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Also we have Reebs Lures to add to the prizes so it will chance some, don't worry about being that guys sometimes you help things gets fixed.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum