Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tube Fishing Tournament Series » Tournament Series Discussion » January tourney talk.

January tourney talk.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:38 pm

kin

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Anyone check out the jaw of Josh's last bass for the tourney? Talk about a weird underbite.  That is about as bad as I've seen it. There's a lake in Northern California with an issue like that too. Bass have a strange underbite and it seems a majority of fish we pulled had the same issue, figured it was genetics but who knows. Didn't seem to stop them from pigging out on large baitfish....

52 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:24 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Ya you are right I did not notice that weird.

Matthew 4:19
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

53 I'm just about done! on Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:11 pm

Arrggh! Guys, I know I have talked some smack, and have NOTHING to show for it!!!!

Please bear with me.....

This morning, I went to the bridge, and even though it's semi-wind friendly, it was just insane. The wind laid down just a bit this afternoon, so I thought I'd give it a shot.

I could barely overcome the wind, but, the nice thing about the bridge is, it's like football.....make it to the next pylon, rest, and get a new set of downs!

Which brings me back to "HAD IT!"

After working my old butt off to get 50 yrds out, one of my flippers came loose!!!!!

Ok...so...I'm done!!! I'm going to do something different....I'm going to screw those darn things to my waders!

54 Re: January tourney talk. on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:05 pm

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
I use and recommend fin leashes. You can buy them on line.

I wear Force Fins and they sink like bricks. I learned the hard way!  Shocked Ouch!!

SP Dan <"))><

55 Re: January tourney talk. on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:11 am

You know, when I first started tubing, I had NO fins!  It was still awesome!  Just to get off the shore to fish was something. It was slow going, and to cover any distance, you had to go backwards and use your arms.

When I got some Fishmasters, it was a game changer. I broke a few, and lost a few to muck, but usually, they were pretty dependable. I've had these come off my heel twice in 3 VERY short trips!  I'm going to look it over, I may not only screw them on, but grind down the heels on those waders for a better fit...( they are size 13 after all).

But, it's always tough here in the Spring. It was almost 90° f yesterday, tomorrow a low in the 30's. All that air moving and cold and warm fronts= wind. Anyway, I at least tried today.

I'm going to try some of those Forcefins, I'm learning a lot here. I've been tubing a long time, but old school.

56 Re: January tourney talk. on Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:39 pm

Son of a mother #@$**%###ing $@;#&&€*!!!!!

( insert any words you wish)...as long as they aren't suitable for mixed company.

Now, I talked about screwing those frigging flippers on. I swear, it's like 15 yards at most to the first pylon under the bridge. ( Close to 100 from where I park.) Anyway,  THE LAKE IS LIKE GLASS!!! It's cold and I don't have long to fish, but that's OK.

Before I can reach the first pylon, my right flipper comes loose. I go back. Then , before I can get to the first pylon again, the left comes loose.

#%=/\*##:$@@... I should have screwed those things on instead of talking about it because those #@$#%/&! SCREWED ME TODAY!

BTW: Right now....I don't even WANT TO GO FISHING, TO GO FISHING!!!! Just to "keep face". Something isn't right about that..

I'll be ok...tomorrow.

57 Re: January tourney talk. on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:49 pm

You know, I don't know why, but I can go out and crawl in a sleeping bag, and 2 hours under the stars feels like I've slept for 12 hours.

12 hrs. sleeping in the house feels like 2. Anyway, it was BEAUTIFUL out there. It's a little chilly ( about 50° f) ....BUT!!!!!

NO WIND TO SPEAK OF!!!! The plan is to hit the bridge tomorrow if the wind doesn't decide to start blowing.

58 Re: January tourney talk. on Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:14 pm

Cold , windy, and rainy!!!

I ain't skeered tho....THERE'S TIME!

(and I prefer not to torture myself to fish. I do it for fun. Don't discount me though, I CAN CATCH FISH....WAIT AND SEE....

59 Re: January tourney talk. on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:46 pm

It SEEMS like the wind has died , no rain, so....maybe I can screw those flippers on and GO!!!!

60 Re: January tourney talk. on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:38 am

Well right after I posted this^^^^ , the wind was blowing over 17 mph.

I wanna go fishing....BAD!!!

61 Re: January tourney talk. on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:27 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
So the tournament has taken a dip as of right now, but I am sure we will see it pick up again soon. We have a tournament rules discussion going on if you have not seen it yet [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have up loaded the most current leaders board just yesterday and I will be also start promoting the next Tournament starting in July.

62 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:29 am

Jerdon

Huge Euge dropped a card and  couldn't get his pic.

Note to contestants:
Bring 2 cards, one in a spare tackle box.
Hahaha, that is why I fish with 4 poles and 4 tackle boxes. I am certain I will return with one.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

63 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:00 pm

Ornery Bob

Nice catch, Frank! I haven't caught a legal spottie yet, I can only imagine how feisty they must be. Looking forward to it.

http://www.ornerybob.com

64 Re: January tourney talk. on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:08 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
I had close to a 3 lb spottie once what a fight very cool to say the least.

65 Re: January tourney talk. on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Ornery Bob

Have the prize(s) for this tournament been announced?

I'd like to know what I'm going to not win. It will help with the self hate moments I have when I lose a nice fish.

http://www.ornerybob.com

66 Re: January tourney talk. on Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:18 am

@Ornery Bob wrote:Have the prize(s) for this tournament been announced?

I'd like to know what I'm going to not win. It will help with the self hate moments I have when I lose a nice fish.

Ok Bob....show them what was behind door #2....

I about peed myself when I read this post!

67 Re: January tourney talk. on Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:28 am

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Have the prize(s) for this tournament been announced?

I will list the prizes later today, i did post them i just don't remember where.

68 Re: January tourney talk. on Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:26 pm

I saw them, I think post #1 in this thread. If I gave a flip...I'd go look...

My bad!!! The original OFFICIAL tourney thread!

69 Re: January tourney talk. on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:08 pm

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
May we have a Tournament leader board tally please?

SP Dan <"))><

70 Re: January tourney talk. on Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:52 am

HugeEuge57

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Huge Euge dropped a card and  couldn't get his pic.

Note to contestants:
Bring 2 cards, one in a spare tackle box.
Hahaha, that is why I fish with 4 poles and 4 tackle boxes. I am certain I will return with one.

Hahaha yes I did. I normally bring 2 with me but for some reason I only had 1 that trip. I fixed that problem for my last trip out. The worst part of it all was that it was floating and I reached out for it...touched it with my finger tips and it sank out of sight in about a second...if the water wasn't so dirty I probably could have fished it out. Oh well...I made up for it this past weekend.

71 Re: January tourney talk. on Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:56 pm

Well, I think I've got my gear ready FINALLY. Now I just need to get ME ready. Maybe this round of antibiotics will do it.

What's really a bummer is that there was very little wind today, but at least for the next few days, anywhere from 12 mph with 17 mph gusts to 16mph with over 20mph gusts. Evil or Very Mad

72 Re: January tourney talk. on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:19 pm

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Poboy ... I'm looking forward to some of your fish reports and tournament entries.
Let us see some fish Sir. Thumbs Up

SP Dan <"))><

73 Re: January tourney talk. on Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:19 pm

@SP Dan wrote:Poboy ... I'm looking forward to some of your fish reports and tournament entries.
Let us see some fish Sir.  Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

I can't remember who said what, but a couple of members have been really helpful to me. One that revealed I could get prints of the tournament card at CVS, and another that told me about the Fishmaster knock-offs. ( Was it you on the knock-offs, Dan?)

Well, the Fishmasters were just never going to work with my waders. However, I got the knock-offs on and put 3 screws in each one, they aren't going anywhere !!! ( Which works out perfect, because when the water warms up, I can use the Fishmasters with sneakers.

I'll never want to take the knock-offs off my waders anyway. One thing that puzzled me for a bit ( and I ground off) was a kinda tab on the back of the heels on the waders. Then DOH!!!! It's so you can step on them with the other foot to get them off!!!!

Then I took the cover off the tube and blew it up and sprayed it all over with soapy water.  No leaks!!! But it was losing air..( almost flat overnight. Finally, I sprayed the fill valve and sumgun, the flapper valve was leaking. (Still is, but I got it slowed WAY down.)

Sooo...thanks to those members that posted up those suggestions.

And I REALLY probably am going to have to get better before I can tube in 20 mph wind. My lungs won't let me walk 100 ft. some days without being out of breath. My chest isn't hurting nearly as bad after just a couple of days on this antibiotic, but it does make me dizzy for a couple of hours when I first take it,(it's some bad mama jama stuff).

I would have never thought I'd see a motor vehicle caution on an antibiotic, but it's there, (right on the bottle) and the side-effects sheet mentions dizziness.

But hey, it'll happen, just not nearly as quickly as I hoped. Springtime in North Texas means howling wind, but we get a few calmer days now and then....( like today).

But hey, anyday you're still breathing is a plus, (although I'm just barely doing it right now!!!)

BTW: I didn't get my gear fixed until 6 something this evening.

74 Re: January tourney talk. on Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:53 pm

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
( Was it you on the knock-offs, Dan?)

Nope Poboy ... it wasn't me that helped you with the Fishmaster knock-offs.

But it's great to hear that the sharing of information on this site is truly helping out others! Thumbs Up

I'm honestly looking forward to some of your; soon to come, your fish reports

SP Dan    <"))><

75 Re: January tourney talk. on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:52 am

jeffcpr

Admin
Just happened to be looking over some of our statistics and I found that we have

66.8% of the fish caught are saltwater
33.2% are freshwater

of those between Fresh and Salt
47.4% are spottied Bass
and 31.5% are Large Mouth Bass

Just wanted to share this info with everyone I find it interesting to know. Septembers was heavy on Freshwater, but not this go around so far.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum