» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Today at 7:18 am

» Eastern Sierras
by GT Yesterday at 12:21 pm

» Float Tube Tournament Series January Winners
by jeffcpr Tue May 23, 2017 8:26 pm

» Consumer Reports Ranks Top Sunscreens for 2017
by CPT Kirk Tue May 23, 2017 4:34 pm

» My Anderson with motor and high waves!
by Jerdon Mon May 22, 2017 8:40 pm

» The Gigbob
by jeffcpr Mon May 22, 2017 11:13 am

» Perris water temp?
by rucker Sun May 21, 2017 7:00 pm

» Marina Del Rey and more...
by Jerdon Sun May 21, 2017 6:44 pm

» Float Tube Rod Holder: CastMate Systems vs. DIY
by Jerdon Sat May 20, 2017 9:38 pm

» July Tournament Rule Adjustments
by Stxngray Sat May 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » Texas Fishing Reports » Ornery old men

Ornery old men

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ornery old men on Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:59 pm

Why are us old men ornery?

Well....think about it. Your pecker is barely up to the job of peeing, and it dribbles in your drawers afterwards, and you need a pill to do anything else with it!

You can't remember what the heck you did with (put somewhere) 5 minutes ago.

Your body doesn't wake up until hours after your eyes open.

Your hair has decided to leave your head and camp in your ears and nose.

Yeah, we're not mean folks, just having a bad day....every danged one of them!

When you get there, you'll be grumpy too.

2 Re: Ornery old men on Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:39 pm

To give a little backstory, I have lived a pretty good up and down life. In my school days, I had the well deserved reputation as the guy you didn't want to mess with.

After that, I had 3 women coming to my house every day for some undercover work. Wink

I married one of them and we had a kid and stayed together for about a quarter Century. I was young and handsome, she was slim and good looking. Then she got fat and old. I stayed skinny, but got ugly. She's now remarried, and lost a lot of weight. I'm still skinny and ugly. I've been a do it yourselfer all my life. But now, that has new meaning!

But I was still a stud and could outparty and outwork 2 men half my age in my 40's.

Then.....the CANCER! Fellas....that will kick your butt and put years on you! I kicked it's butt, ( I usually win my fights,) but it kicked mine too. Between that, the Swine flu and pneumonia...I'm not quite what I used to be.......

But....I'm coming back damnet! I refuse to lay down and take it.

3 Re: Ornery old men on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:17 am

SP Dan

Junior
Junior
Poboy Floater wrote:To give a little backstory, I have lived a pretty good up and down life. In my school days,  I had the well deserved reputation as the guy you didn't want to mess with.

After that, I had 3 women coming to my house every day for some undercover work. Wink

I married one of them and we had a kid and stayed together for about a quarter Century. I was young and handsome, she was slim and good looking. Then she got fat and old. I stayed skinny, but got ugly. She's now remarried, and lost a lot of weight. I'm still skinny and ugly. I've been a do it yourselfer all my life.  But now, that has new meaning!

But I was still a stud and could outparty and outwork 2 men half my age in my 40's.

Then.....the CANCER!  Fellas....that will kick your butt and put years on you! I kicked it's butt, ( I usually win my fights,) but it kicked mine too.  Between that, the Swine flu and pneumonia...I'm not quite what I used to be.......

You and I sound pretty much alike ... I too, also refuse to roll over!
I've never personally had cancer but lost my parents to it.

My military background is US Marines, Special Forces RECON / Sniper, Viet Nam 69-70 ... and I would rather fight in Viet Nam  again than to had fought-the-fight you had to fight ... in order to survive!

WOW!! Congrat's on kickin' the ol' cancer's butt!  salute

PS ... you will remain in my thoughts and prayers Sir...
for many many cancer free fishing seasons and tournaments to still be ahead of you. So ... kick some butt!!

SP Dan     <"))><

4 Re: Ornery old men on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Ornery Bob

Dylan Thomas knew what he was talking about...

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

http://www.ornerybob.com

5 Re: Ornery old men on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:14 pm

@SP Dan wrote:
Poboy Floater wrote:To give a little backstory, I have lived a pretty good up and down life. In my school days,  I had the well deserved reputation as the guy you didn't want to mess with.

I married one of them and we had a kid and stayed together for about a quarter Century. I was young and handsome, she was slim and good looking. Then she got fat and old. I stayed skinny, but got ugly. She's now remarried, and lost a lot of weight. I'm still skinny and ugly. I've been a do it yourselfer all my life.  But now, that has new meaning!

Then.....the CANCER!  Fellas....that will kick your butt and put years on you! I kicked it's butt, ( I usually win my fights,) but it kicked mine too.  Between that, the Swine flu and pneumonia...I'm not quite what I used to be.......

You and I sound pretty much alike ... I too, also refuse to roll over!
I've never personally had cancer but lost my parents to it.

My military background is US Marines, Special Forces RECON / Sniper, Viet Nam 69-70 ... and I would rather fight in Viet Nam  again than to had fought-the-fight you had to fight ... in order to survive!

WOW!! Congrat's on kickin' the ol' cancer's butt!  salute

PS ... you will remain in my thoughts and prayers Sir...
for many many cancer free fishing seasons and tournaments to still be ahead of you. So ... kick some butt!!

SP Dan     <"))><

Sir, I truly appreciate your service to our country. I have a nephew in the marines, and he is my personal hero.

I've been Cancer free for about 14 years now, ( knock on wood)..., but like I said, being in my mouth, the treatment was brutal. I can't eat spicy food anymore, and I don't have teeth. Is life without pizza and nachos really living?

Anyway , last year was rough. I got that swine flu. I whooped it pretty quick, but then got pneumonia. I tried to knock it out on my own for a few weeks, then finally went to the doc. Got a shot in the butt and a follow up scrip for antibiotics which I completed. I felt somewhat better, but still couldn't breathe well.

Being the hard headed procrastinator I am, I didn't do anything about it for most of the year. Long story short, I spent a few days in intensive care and 10 total days hospitalized. I am supposed to be under a pulmonologist's care now, but haven't gotten around to doing it. I still can barely breath.

They pumped me full of antibiotics on the IV, while trying to drain my blood out of nearly every other blood vessel. They did around 50 blood tests. I think they tested me for everything but Ebola and pregnancy! Rolling Eyes

They found a mass on my left lung, which they said "thought" was a bacterial infection. They put me in isolation, while they tested for tuberculosis. (Apparently, it takes a long time... because they had me there for DAYS!) They sent me home with a 5 day scrip of antibiotics, then somebody looked at my Xrays or something, and they changed my scrip to 90 DAYS!

I was taking them, until I developed cronic diarrhea. My plan is to get some probiotics that work with antibiotics, get back on them, and then get my butt back to the doctors as well.

6 Re: Ornery old men on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 am

Jerdon

For me the toughest part of getting older was learning that healing up would take so much longer. The weekend warrior injuries that would heal up by Tuesday hang around for weeks now. I can say I was taught a fair amount of respect for my elders at a young age, because you do not know what they been through to get there, and there is not that many left. 
So to quote a great old man, "Sometimes you have to get just plain mad dog mean" to get where you are trying to go. Good luck with your journey old guys.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

7 Re: Ornery old men on Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:59 am

jeffcpr

Admin
Hey porboy thanks for sharing buddy, we are so glad you survived and are stronger because of it. That story is a testement to your the desire for life. Stay stronge and keep on fishin.

Matthew 4:19
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum