» fiasco weekend
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:21 am

» Share your spots or not?
by jeffcpr Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:31 pm

» Fishing in the Bay (first time)
by Ornery Bob Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:21 pm

» Maxxon Inflatable Boat Sales
by jeffcpr Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:30 pm

» When do you stop tubing for the Winter?
by jeffcpr Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:49 am

» Seven Bass Sale's Page
by jeffcpr Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:01 pm

» Demo day July 8th
by SP Dan Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:30 pm

» Float Tube Rod Holders - Completed
by SP Dan Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:36 pm

» To Scent Or Not To Scent
by kin Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:38 pm

» What happened to the curlytail, twister type worms?
by kin Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:07 am

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tube Fishing Tournament Series » Float Tube Tournament Series Posts » Aug 27th - Sept 25th Tournament Series 2016

Aug 27th - Sept 25th Tournament Series 2016

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Jayb1rd79

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2lbs.

Jayb1rd79

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

2lbs

jeffcpr

Admin
Ok we have learned a lot in just a single day and it looks like it went very well. Here is a quick leader board I am not happy with this I will come up with something different.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

29 Re: Aug 27th - Sept 25th Tournament Series 2016 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:40 pm

Jayb1rd79

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
Today was definitely a good learning experience for me.i definitely wanna figure out a way to measure and photograph the fish clearly without having the fear of having the fish flop off the bump board and without any hands. I found that putting a net under the bump board helped in case the fish decided to dance.

SP Dan

From SP Dan

Day 2 of the Tournament.

My entry:

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

31 Re: Aug 27th - Sept 25th Tournament Series 2016 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:05 pm

volcomsurfrider

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:From SP Dan

Day 2 of the Tournament.

My entry:

Nice entry Dan! Thumbs Up Good looking Spottie!

32 Re: Aug 27th - Sept 25th Tournament Series 2016 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:30 pm

volcomsurfrider

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
Made my way to the ocean today for a solo trip. I haven't wet my tube in a while and I wanted to dial in my set up for this tourney and put a couple of fish on the board. Well, let me just say this and jayb1rd said it as well. Measuring a fish on a bump board hands off and taking a picture is not easy as I had thought it was going to be. I purchased the Rapala bump board as suggested and today was the first time trying to use it on my tube. For those of you whom have this board and have yet to use it, you have to make some modifications to have it work on a float tube. It was my fault for not dry try the bump board at home. The issue with the Rapala bump board, it is made for flat hard surfaces. The board does not have a center section stopper once it is opened. It bends at the center with no way to lay flat on a float tube apron. You ad that to the crappy floppy Fish Cat apron and... measuring is not possible. You have to have a solid one piece bump board or make modifications to your apron and bump board as shown in a different thread by I believe SpDan. I caught many fish today from Calico's, Sand Bass, Sculpin and Black Rockfish. 2 fish made and passed larger than the 12" tournament requirement. Both fish flopped back into the drink as I was preparing to shoot a photo. Struggling with the bump board, trying to lay it flat and place a pissed of grumpy Sand bass with gills flared on it and trying to get the FTFF Tourney card on the bass was something now I can just giggle and laugh at. At the time I was super irritated and after the second flop O' drink by a bass, I called it the day.  My tube has a GoPro, my Samsung Note 5, and a weather/waterproof digital camera and a selfie stick all ready. The GoPro was running and shows the fish flop back to the blue sea. All in all, no photos was captured. Going to spend some time after work tomorrow to work on a different measuring device. The Fish Cat apron is a joke from the get go. Might do the corrugated board trick from SP Dan. Still frustrated at the moment LOL! Mad Very Happy

33 Re: Aug 27th - Sept 25th Tournament Series 2016 on Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:40 pm

Jayb1rd79

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Made my way to the ocean today for a solo trip. I haven't wet my tube in a while and I wanted to dial in my set up for this tourney and put a couple of fish on the board. Well, let me just say this and jayb1rd said it as well. Measuring a fish on a bump board hands off and taking a picture is not easy as I had thought it was going to be. I purchased the Rapala bump board as suggested and today was the first time trying to use it on my tube. For those of you whom have this board and have yet to use it, you have to make some modifications to have it work on a float tube. It was my fault for not dry try the bump board at home. The issue with the Rapala bump board, it is made for flat hard surfaces. The board does not have a center section stopper once it is opened. It bends at the center with no way to lay flat on a float tube apron. You ad that to the crappy floppy Fish Cat apron and... measuring is not possible. You have to have a solid one piece bump board or make modifications to your apron and bump board as shown in a different thread by I believe SpDan. I caught many fish today from Calico's, Sand Bass, Sculpin and Black Rockfish. 2 fish made and passed larger than the 12" tournament requirement. Both fish flopped back into the drink as I was preparing to shoot a photo. Struggling with the bump board, trying to lay it flat and place a pissed of grumpy Sand bass with gills flared on it and trying to get the FTFF Tourney card on the bass was something now I can just giggle and laugh at. At the time I was super irritated and after the second flop O' drink by a bass, I called it the day.  My tube has a GoPro, my Samsung Note 5, and a weater/waterproof digital camera and a selfie stick all ready. The GoPro was running and shows the fish flop back to the blue sea. All in all, no photos was captured. Going to spend some time after work tomorrow to work on a different measuring device. The Fish Cat apron is a joke from the get go. Might do the corrugated board trick from SP Dan. Still frustrated at the moment LOL! Mad Very Happy

I hear you loud and clear dude. I lost 2 fish yesterday trying to get a picture on the same bump board. I found that placing my net under the bump board and resting it on the frame helps save a fish or two in case it decides to do the dance. A lot of the photos I captured were not what I would like to submit but the best I could do. Measuring a 5lb fish on a 20" bump board was a joke and nerve racking. I made sure I got the photos I wanted first then took pictures on the board as it slithered around the place. Lol. If I figure out any good tricks I'll be sure to share

34 Re: Aug 27th - Sept 25th Tournament Series 2016 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:29 am

Litefoot

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] velcro it really works soft side down

volcomsurfrider

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] velcro it really works soft side down

You have a good idea but it does not work with the Fat Cat float tubes. It would work on your Cumberland and my older Caddis tubes being the apron leading side is a PVC tube with a soft cover. Your bump board is one piece as well. The problem is with the floppy Fish Cat apron. SP Dan has the best method so far. I might just go and buy a one piece bump board and go that route. I'm actually glad I did not catch any Sculpin's yesterday that I thought was close to 12" to measure. The area I fished usually kicks out a few real nice fat Sculpin's. Well, back to the work week! No one else tubed on Sunday besides SP Dan?

volcomsurfrider

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:

I hear you loud and clear dude.  I lost 2 fish yesterday trying to get a picture on the same bump board.  I found that placing my net under the bump board and resting it on the frame helps save a fish or two in case it decides to do the dance.  A lot of the photos I captured were not what I would like to submit but the best I could do.  Measuring a 5lb fish on a 20" bump board was a joke and nerve racking.  I made sure I got the photos I wanted first then took pictures on the board as it slithered around the place. Lol.    If I figure out any good tricks I'll be sure to share

I saw your photos and you have the same problem as I do. That freaking apron is a joke! I like your net under the board idea but the net I carry is not as large as yours but I think it still can work. I also found that when I was trying to measure a fish with the board folded at the 12" mark, the tail covers the 12" number and you can't see 13" etc. I tube fresh water as well and fresh water bass are hard to measure above a couple of pounds for sure. Salty bass are monsters. Freshwater bass once lipped they tend to calm down and just wave their fins and curl their tail a bit. Salty bass are freaking monsters once lipped. Especially Spotted Bass and Sand Bass. They thrash around on your finger and give a whole new meaning to bass thumb lol! Usually the area between my thumb and fore finger, the soft area is all torn up and bleeding from lip grabbing these bass. Put them on a bump board and let go for a photo.. haha. I don't know how SP Dan is getting those Spotties to stay still long enough for a photo! When a salty bass is landed, some get super aggressive and they flare their gills and clamp down on their mouth. It is impossible to lay them flat at that point to get a photo. They lay on their belly with gills flared. It's a challenge for sure! As frustrating as it is, I can say it is fun! Wink

GT

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
I need to chim in.......I have the same rigged board that Litefoot has shown in his apron photo. I tube a Super Fat Cat. It will lay from tube to tube, not interfering with the apron. The trick is, turn the apron upside down, so the surface has to upward edges.

AS you can see the board sits flat across the apron. Second I use the fish clamps to hold this kitty in place. I'm going to make a card holder that will clip to the board, so I don't lose the tournament card again. Hope this helps...........GT

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have the board with a couple of clips and a bungee cord. I attach the end to a d ring and I'm in business. I lay the board to my right side, but I just left it their during my session..............GT

Jayb1rd79

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
That looks like a good technique and I really like the board you use. But if you read the rules on measuring there is suppose to be no hands or lipping devices in the photo

jeffcpr

Admin
The rule of no hand or grip on the fish during pictures wss there when i was setting our rules. We might need to allow this if it is an issue keeping the on the bump board during the photo. We will discuss this and many other ideas soon.

Jayb1rd79

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The rule of no hand or grip on the fish during pictures wss there when i was setting our rules.   We might need to allow this if it is an issue keeping the on the bump board during the photo.  We will discuss this and many other ideas soon.

The fish grip would make a world of difference when measuring but in my opinion that would be no different than holding the bottom lip of the fish to the edge of the bump board.

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:The rule of no hand or grip on the fish during pictures wss there when i was setting our rules.   We might need to allow this if it is an issue keeping the on the bump board during the photo.  We will discuss this and many other ideas soon.

The fish grip would make a world of difference when measuring but in my opinion that would be no different than holding the bottom lip of the fish to the edge of the bump board.

I agree I see this as a fine line right now, between enjoying what we are doing and getting so frustrated that people lose interest. I think really what is going to happen is this. There can be a lipped fish on the bump board or a gripper. But if the fish is barely meeting the legal length it might move to disqualify the fish because of the possibility skewed measurements. But that is just me talking for now keep doing the best you guys can, we will be having a live discussion soon to address some of the issues we are seeing.

Jayb1rd79

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
I'm still having a great time and yes I see this as a challenge and I really like how everyone is communicating and coming up with the best technique and equipment to make it count as a legit fish. Wish there was a better way with the point system as if you were to get a bigger fish there would be more points awarded. But that's way more complicated than the issues that we currently have at hand. In no way will it ever discourage me from enjoying myself while I'm on the water. I was a little disappointed that out of the 27 people we have signed up only 4 were on the board at the end of the opening weekend. I was really pumped up to getting going. But oh well I'm sure there will be a ton more catches submitted by the end of next weekend. It really is cool though even though I'm not physically on the water with anybody from the forum I feel like we are all fishing and working together on this trial tourney.

Litefoot

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
GT Very nice bored the picture show that nice and bright nice Catch Great Pictures. Litefoot

Jerdon

OK , First fish for me @  4.5 pounds and just over 19 inches.
She  felt very heavy so I weighed her, amazingly I was disappointed.
Somebody set the bar a 5 pounds for the event already.

Last edited by Jerdon on Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

jeffcpr

Admin
A Beast bro.

Jayb1rd79

FTFF Member
FTFF Member
Jerdons on the board!!!! Very nice fish bro!

Litefoot

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
No Hands use soft side of Velcro %[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Treyk

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
Of course had a decent weekend and never printed my card Mad Mad Mad

Awesome start guys!

GT

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Nice toad Jerdon...as far as the no hands rule, those kitties had their spines pointed outward, they did not want to stay on the board........I think your looking at a quarter to half inch one way or another. .....GT

50 Re: Aug 27th - Sept 25th Tournament Series 2016 on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:11 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Way to go to all participants. Great catches all!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum