The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by GT Today at 10:52 am

by jeffcpr Today at 10:43 am

» Holiday Gift Ideas
by SP Dan Today at 6:58 am

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

» Early present
by Hunt Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

» Santa Ana River Lakes
by GT Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

» Edge Open Heel Flex Scuba Fin
by jeffcpr Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

» Wader and Boot Dryer
by SP Dan Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

» Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Breathable Guide Pant
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

» Hello from Vhanaya
by Hunt Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am

» Waterproof Reels - Penn Spinfisher and KastKing Sharky II
by singletrack Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by Jerdon Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Non-Fishing Related Discussions » Off Topic Discussions » Browser Blocked

Browser Blocked

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Browser Blocked on Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:43 am

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
OK I'm not too computer smart, but I have this error code 268D3 popping up when I'm trying to compose threads on this site . Says, "your computer is blocked". Web page says Microsoft everywhere, but address is somewhere else. I've contacted ESET, asking for help, and have searched chrome for answers.

Do any of u have this problem?...........GT

2 Re: Browser Blocked on Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:22 am

bigfish

Junior
Junior
I had exactly the same problem! It's malware. There is a malware program on Microsoft that will eradicate it.

When I first contacted the Microsoft help number the tech just walked me through to change my homepage back to it's correct default page. The tech said that's what his did; it changed my default page to the scam page and locked it that way.

What he didn't tell me is that it would still be in my computer and re-infect it. Which it did. But I found the program on the Microsoft site and it's gone now. The virus/malware is an IMI type.

I also had a Microsoft warning that stated it was this web site that was unsafe. It was in fact this web site I was accessing when it infected and locked my computer. I didn't really know where it came from, but since you are experiencing the same problem I think Jeff or someone needs to look into that as a possibility.

I'll try to get a link for that malware program on Microsoft. It's free by the way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This link will take you to the page wher you'll find the malware removal tool

3 Re: Browser Blocked on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:21 pm

Jerdon

Thanks guys!

I have not had a problem with my computer but do have problems with my Android phone when I access pictures here.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4 Re: Browser Blocked on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:45 pm

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
Dang I new someone would have the answer, thanks BigFish...........GT

That is my problem too Jerdon, using the Host Image to move files it freezes up........

So now I'm running a full scan of my PC, this may take awhile........GT

5 Re: Browser Blocked on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:53 pm

bigfish

Junior
Junior
I hope it is the answer. Nothing more frustrating than viruses and malware.

Good luck with your eradication efforts.

6 Re: Browser Blocked on Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:57 pm

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
Thanks Sir..........GT

7 Re: Browser Blocked on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:42 pm

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
BigFish...........ran the malware from Microsoft, 1 hour 20 minutes. It did all my files including backup..........no problem on my PC.

I just replied to TonyG and bam What a Face I believe this site is infected..........Jeff hope u read this. Had to hit the reset button on PC.

Not good..........GT

8 Re: Browser Blocked on Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:26 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
I will loom into it I am not having issues but looks like others are. I will see if i can get answers.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

9 Re: Browser Blocked on Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:06 pm

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
Update for Case [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - "Your computer has been blocked error code 268D3"
An ESET Customer Care Representative has updated this case with the following information:
Hello,

Thank you for contacting ESET Customer Care.

It appears you have been affected by a fake alert website. Typically, these sites use images and scare tactics in an attempt to persuade the user to call a specific phone number linked to a scammer group. This is usually just a website-based attack. However, if malicious software attempts to download directly from the website to your machine, ESET will detect and block this action. If the fake alert web page simply generates the previously mentioned scare tactics, the only way to prevent this action is to block the website domain.

Please submit any fake alert websites you encounter to ESET. Reporting such sites helps us provide the best protection for all ESET users. To submit a fake alert website to ESET, reply to this email with a screenshot of your full browser window and the full website URL. If you are unable to take a screenshot on your computer, it is okay to submit one taken with your phone; however, please be sure to include the whole screen.
--------------------------------------------------------
How do I take a screenshot?
PC: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How do I take a screenshot?
Mac OS X: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
---------------------------------------------------------------

To manually remove a fake alert site from your web browser, follow the steps below:

1. Reboot your computer, and then reopen the affected web browser. If prompted, do not restore your previous browsing session.

2. If the fake alert attack persists, press CTRL + Shift + ESC. If you are using a Mac, press Command + Option + Escape to open the Force Quit Applications window.

[Windows 8 or Windows 10 users: In the Task Manager window, click ‘More details’.]

3. Select the affected web browser application and click ‘End task’ (Mac users: click 'Force Quit).

4. Reopen your web browser and then quickly close out of the browser. (You must close the window during the loading process to prevent the web browser from restoring the fake alert web page.)

For more information on tech support scams, refer to our blog post on We Live Security:
--------------------------------------------------------------
Tech Support Scams: Top of the Pop-Ups
---------------------------------------------------------------

Please tell us how we are doing. At the bottom of this email, you will see a link to our customer satisfaction survey. We appreciate your feedback!

Thank you for using ESET security products,
ESET Customer Care
North America

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESET Knowledgebase | articles | videos | manuals | support

Is your Android Device protected by ESET? Click the link below to get ESET protection for your mobile device.

================================================================================

We'd love to hear what you think!

Please tell us what you think of ESET, whether it's something we did great or something we can improve.
Just click or copy/paste the following link into your web browser:

================================================================================

To respond, simply reply to this e-mail.

10 Re: Browser Blocked on Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:45 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
OK I am running this by the Forumation team they are the main domain and servers for the site. I gave them most of the info and we will see if they can help.

For now I would like to know is anyone else having any issues and I think we need to keep this link to the Microsoft fix up and available for other until we have more info.

Thanks GT for bring this to our attention and sorry for the issues fingers crossed it does not get worse and we can find a simple fix.

11 Re: Browser Blocked on Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:45 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
UPDATE

I got a message back from Forumation, there have been other issues and they had been working on finding the problem for the last few days. They say they found it and fixed it. I cannot say that this is our issue but fingers crossed. If anyone else is having issues please make sure you let us know, so we can get help with it. Thanks for posting this message GT I hope it is all fixed now but if not lets keep that Microsoft link handy.

12 Re: Browser Blocked on Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:40 am

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
No problem Jeff........GT

13 Re: Browser Blocked on Wed Jul 20, 2016 12:57 pm

bigfish

Junior
Junior
You da man Jeff!

The problem as I see it are the people that commit these acts. Good people, like Jeff, will always arise to solve the issue. Thanks Jeff.

14 Re: Browser Blocked on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:16 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Wish i could take responsibility in fixing the issue but i agree it is the fault of the person wanting to cause the issue.
But really i think it is more important that the issues are brought to light. Nothing can be fixed if we dont know what is wrong. So please if there is an issue bring it forward. I cannot say it can always be fixed but we can try our best to figure things out.

15 Re: Browser Blocked on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:39 pm

bigfish

Junior
Junior
Hey GT, that's an awesome and informative post! Thanks!

16 Re: Browser Blocked on Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:10 pm

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
Any time BigFish...........

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum