Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tube Fishing Tournament Series » Float Tube Tournament Series Posts » Float Tube Tournament Series Rules

Float Tube Tournament Series Rules

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:32 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
OK guys here is a list of rules for the Tournaments coming up in August and all off 2017 as well.  Discussions are welcome but the rules will be tough to change.

Tournament Series Rules

GENERAL RULES
All competitors must be members of the Float Tube Fishing Forum.  All FTFF Members entering the 2017 Float Tube Fishing Series agree that neither Float Tube Fishing Forum, nor any of its owners, members, employees or sponsors are in anyway liable for any injuries or accidents that may occur during the Tournament. You are entering the Tournament exclusively at your own risk. Failure to comply with these Rules shall be grounds for disqualification without refund. To participate you must read and agree to the Terms & Conditions set out below. No one under the age of 18 years may enter the Tournament.There will be a non-refundable registration fee $20 for registering in the Tournament. All members agree that any photo submissions posted to the Float Tube Fishing Forum site may be used by Float Tube Fishing Forum, at its discretion for promotional purposes.

The 2017 Float Tube Fishing Series Rules or time duration of the Tournament may be changed without advance notice but will be announced to registered anglers at such time when any changes are made. The Organizers reserve the right to alter rules due to exploitation or to end the tournament early at their discretion.
Per the Float Tube Fishing Forum, restructured rules, clarifications on individual participation, catch submissions, regional points and team limit/month, submission dates, Float tube clarifications, terms and conditions.

RULE OF CATCHES
All fish must be caught on rod and reel. Bowfishing, trot lining, or jug lining are not permitted. All members agree to abide by all local and federal boating, recreational, and game laws.

All Fish MUST be photographed with a measuring device showing proof of posted length following the rules below. Any portion (lying natural facing left) of the fish species mouth is touching the bump board (eg. LM Bass Lower lip, Channel Cat, upper lip) and no obstructions (hands, lipping device) are in the clear view of where that portion of the mouth is contacting the bump board is considered a good picture.

Fish facing left
Inch lines visible
Entire fish in photo
Clearly taken from a float tube

HOW TO SUBMIT YOUR CATCH
Pictures are required for all catch submissions. You have a maximum of 10 days to post your fish to the Float Tube Fishing Forum after your catch. Submissions made more than 10 days after date of catch will not be accepted. Only exception to this rule is the last day of the tournament, you must have uploaded your photo to the forum before Midnight on the last day of the tournament.

SCORING & AWARDS
For each fish submitted, you will receive points if the catch meets the following requirements. Catch is greater than or equal to the minimum length for the species OR catch is greater than or equal to the trophy length for the species. Catch is submitted for the region where the fish was caught (not the team’s region or the angler’s region)

Here is the Official Rules as well.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So when you are fishing this tournament, you can fish when every and where every you would like. Below if a simple list of fish that will be target species. The points have been attached to each fish species for you to review.

Freshwater Fish List
Bass - 20 Points (12")
Catfish - 15 Points (12")
Bluegill - 5 Points (6") (only 10 per month allowed)
Carp - 20 Points (12")
Trout - 20 Points (12")
Pike - 15 Points (12")
Muskie - 20 Points (12")
Crappie - 5 Points (8") (only 10 per month allowed)
Small Mouth Bass - 20 Points

Saltwater Fish List
Spottied Bass - 20 Point (12")
Calico Bass - 20 Point (12")
Sand Bass - 20 Point (12")
Halibut - 15 Point (12")
Perch - 5 Points (6") (only 10 per month allowed)
Crocker - 20 Points (12")
Mackrel 5 Points (12") (only 10 per month allowed)
Bonita - 20 Points (12")
Sculpin - 15 Points (12")

This is our list which will in time grow to include more fish and points. For now we will start with what you see here. When the Tournament is open the fishing begins and you can fish at anytime and place during the event. for each fish caught and photographed you will receive the above points provided the are the correct length or bigger. PLEASE SEE FISH LIMITS FOR SOME SPECIES. Points will accumulate and the winner will be the one with the most points at the end of the tournament.

Members of the tournament will also have a chance to win, extra points for catching the biggest fish in each fish category listed above. Proof of biggest fish will be by photo, which will include both clear length and clear weight. Please remember the length is what matters but in the event of a big catch be sure to get a weight photo as well.

I am pretty set with this as our fish list of points and lengths but I encourage your thoughts on this. Let me know what you think and in the future we will look to fix the bug we run into as we go along.

Stay tuned as we will post up the official rules to this Float Tube Tournament Series . That is right guys we are well underway to make this happen. Please tell your friends they must be a member of the forum to compete, and remember THIS IS OPEN TO ANYONE IN THE WORLD.

Last edited by jeffcpr on Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

2 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:44 pm

Jerdon

I do not see a section for lures, bait, scent. Catfish and Carp fish different than bass. For example, corn for carp or stink baits for catfish. Live bait is king in the salt.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:08 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
This is not just lures bait is allowed.

4 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:49 am

bigfish

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
In reference to the photo submissions; will there be a gallery of fishermen/photos for all or just a ongoing scorecard? Or both?

I'm ready to begin! This is just getting better and better.

5 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:06 am

jeffcpr

Admin
There will be a thread only for event picture so and on going list of pictures i guess.

6 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:03 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
If you have not seen these yet take a look at the rules posted here to learn more about our new tournament coming up. This is open to anyone that uses a float tube or Pontoon join and lets have some fun.

7 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:05 pm

BassAttack234

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Is the fly rod legal

8 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:57 am

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Is the fly rod legal

Absolutely sir fly rod is legal

9 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:10 am

SP Dan

Fish List:

Would you please consider adding the elusive "Ghost" White Sea Bass and "Jail-bird" Stripped Bass to our SW list?
I believe that I remember fillipino_angler posting up a pic of a WSB he caught just the other week.
And besides ... they are the true "Ghosts" of our SoCal region being fairly rare in our waters ... but they do pop up.

Tournament Rules
:
I know that I may not be the sharpest knife in the knife drawer, so ... please bare with me in order to help me to clearly understand the rules:

So ... legal size of the fish has nothing to do with the Tournament points system.
A 15" Hali and a legal 30" Hali are still worth only 15 points each .... correct?
We are only going for, a) the "number" of fish caught of each particular species with it's accepted length (or larger) in order to qualify, and then submit the photo to the Tournament site.

Rules for an accepted measuring device:

Will the plastic Rapala Folding Ruler 24-Inch with 90 deg folding bump board be accepted or does it need to be a heavy plastic / metal or wood factory fixed 90 deg bent bump board?
Sorry to split frog's hairs.

Dan

Last edited by SP Dan on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:48 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : SP)

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

10 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:34 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Fish List:

Would you please consider adding the elusive "Ghost" White Sea Bass and "Jail-bird" Stripped Bass to our SW list?
I believe that I remember fillipino_angler posting up a pic of a WSB he caught just the other week.
And besides ... they are the true "Ghosts" of our SoCal region being fairly rare in our waters ... but they do pop up.

Tournament Rules
:
I know that I may not be the sharpest knife in the knife drawer, so ... please bare with me in order to help me to clearly understand the rules:

So ... legal size of the fish has nothing to do with the Tournament points system.
A 15" Hali and a legal 30" Hali are still worth only 15 points each .... correct?
We are only going for, a) the "number" of fish caught of each particular species with it's accepted length (or larger) in order to qualify, and then submit the photo to the Tournament site.

Will the plastic Rapala Folding Ruler 24-Inch with 90 deg folding bump board be accepted or does it need to be a metal / wood factory fixed 90 deg bent bump board?

Dan

Dan thanks for the questions once i get a chance I will do my best to answer them all. As for the fish i would loke and assume that we will be adding more fish in time. Keep the questions coming.

11 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:31 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Fish List:

Tournament Rules
:

Will the plastic Rapala Folding Ruler 24-Inch with 90 deg folding bump board be accepted or does it need to be a heavy plastic / metal or wood factory fixed 90 deg bent bump board?

Dan

Ok so we will add more fish as we feel our way thourgh this test run. I think we could add WSB, and Striper for Saltwater, and for freshwater we could look to also Striper and something else to even it out. (this will take place in January not this event).

Points and Measurements you got the points right, and I think the Bump board will be the best idea fro measurements. I still want to try my set up this Sunday, and I think we will leave it open for the test run. My goal is to in January have 2 maybe 3 approved methods. Again thanks for the questions please guys ask away no better way to work it all out.

12 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:47 pm

filipino_angler

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member
how do you know if the angler is not taking a picture of the same fish with the same size or what if an angler caught a two fish with same size? how do you know if its a different catch? idk if my questions are clear enough lol

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaboom06/videos

13 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:51 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
They are clear and that is hard to manage, it really comes down to being an honest fishermen. It will be tough but we will need to all be as honest as we can be. With that said the judges, myself and George with The Float Tube Store and one more to be named later will be charged with keep it as far as we can.
Any other thoughts on this guys.

14 Re: Float Tube Tournament Series Rules on Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:37 am

bigfish

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Time and date stamps would help to some degree. But that won't stop someone if they are bent on cheating. It only makes it harder to enjoy the actual fishing.

I was going to open this up for discussion earlier but I didn't want to start a negative conversation. If someone wants to cheat they will find a way to do so. Especially when there are no real consequences to deal with.

One of the online tournaments I researched actually uses photographic forensics to verify entries! But they compete for cash. Guess what? Yep they got cheaters that figured out a way to get around it.

My research on this topic resulted in realizing that trying to circumvent cheating ends up costing the fisherman considerably. It also complicates fishing as well. Pretty soon it doesn't feel like a fishing trip at all. Bottom line; take the fun out of fishing and what's the point?

For me it's about the fun that comes from competing with my FTFF friends. I don't really care if I win anything. Just getting to compete with others around the world is all the win I need. Heck, right now I'd settle for the time to go fishing!

Honesty. That's what it will come down to. If someone can cheat and would rather do that instead of fish and enjoy the camaraderie we have here on the FTFF we can't really stop it. The FTFF isn't creating these tournaments as a 'Cash Cow' enterprise. It's all about community, which is what other online tournaments are missing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum