Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Custom Bass Popper's!

Custom Bass Popper's!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Custom Bass Popper's! on Fri Jul 29, 2016 8:38 pm

CanadianTubeFisher

Bobber
Bobber
Here's just a few more popper's I finished off recently.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

27 Re: Custom Bass Popper's! on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:54 am

CanadianTubeFisher

Bobber
Bobber
Here's a Bluegill crankbait I finished just the other day. It's was my first try at this pattern. I'm going to attempt it a couple more times, but with a few small detail changes. But I don't think the fish will really notice or care.

28 Re: Custom Bass Popper's! on Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:30 am

Thai Mai Shu

Bobber
Bobber
Dang dude those are pretty cool.  I guess it's time to invest in a sharp carving knife and some things.  Corks are endless in my horse as my wife loves her wine and champagne

29 Re: Custom Bass Popper's! on Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:42 pm

CanadianTubeFisher

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Dang dude those are pretty cool.  I guess it's time to invest in a sharp carving knife and some things.  Corks are endless in my horse as my wife loves her wine and champagne

LOL! The way I see it, it's a win, win situation. Thanks!

30 Re: Custom Bass Popper's! on Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:25 pm

Thai Mai Shu

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Dang dude those are pretty cool.  I guess it's time to invest in a sharp carving knife and some things.  Corks are endless in my horse as my wife loves her wine and champagne

LOL! The way I see it, it's a win, win situation. Thanks!
salute

Just a quick question though. How challenging is it to get that crank to run true? What do you use for the bill? I do plastic model kits so I can get down on the painting parts, this I'm sure of. I'd just have to learn how to carve and place the metal screw rings so that they don't rip out in a fight.

31 Re: Custom Bass Popper's! on Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:24 am

CanadianTubeFisher

Bobber
Bobber
I only paint my lures. I buy my lures online in bulk and play around with them at my airbrush table. I do use YouTube and try out some of the patterns other's are sharing. As for getting any lure to run true/straight, I always look at the screw rings to make sure they are all lined up and straight with each other. Now, some you can tweek a little left or right, but only to a point. I have bought brand name lures and had to adjust the front screw ring a little right out of the box. But that's very seldom. I also don't mind if the other screw rings are a little out of alignment from each other, because I can in most cases bend them back into place. Besides, being off a bit you wont notice. The split rings allow for so much hook movement, that I have never had an issue with hook up's because of a screw ring being slightly out of alignment. The front screw ring is my main concern, everything else I can adjust and fix just before I final coat my lure's. Hope this makes sense and answers your questions. I have fished and tested a handful of these lure's myself in clear water and had no problems with them. I hope this makes sense and answers your questions. Cheers!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum