Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Cumberland Crew

Cumberland Crew

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 6:15 am

bigfish

Junior
Junior
I love my Togiak.

Before it reaches the end of it's lifespan I have decided to demote it to 'buddy tube' status.  Sad

Bought me a brand new Cumberland float tube. I've wanted one for awhile now. So it's official...I'm part of the Cumberland crew now. salute

2 Re: Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 6:39 am

Jerdon

Congratz on the new tube!

You will have to give us a compare and contrast report.
Lure Storage, handling, float levels.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 7:21 am

jeffcpr

Admin
You will love it great tube all the way around, but thats just me let us know what you think.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

4 Re: Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 7:30 am

Fishingdachronarch201E7

Boooo....hahah jk jk....great tube from what peeps say...congrats bud......atl east it has a little orange so it passes haha...

5 Re: Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 12:17 pm

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
I loved my Cumbie, sold it to Kin. I now ride a Super Fat Cat, ORANGE NAVY...........GO FRESHWATER.....GT

6 Re: Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 3:25 pm

Mscustomflies

Bobber
Bobber
I like the look of the Cumberland (type of sausage in the UK) but we can't get them over here and shipping plus handling cost and import duties means it's a no go. I've found what looks an almost equivalent tube that I'll upgrade to at some point

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

7 Re: Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 3:39 pm

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
Having owned one for 4 years, I'd say that was a cumbie by a different name.........she looks good Mscustomflies..........GT

8 Re: Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 5:12 pm

fishin' fatty

Bobber
Bobber
Shocked Holy crap, a camo cumbie! that's awesome. GT might have to re-think the orange "beacon" and Keepin' the pole wet needs to see this!

9 Re: Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 5:33 pm

Jerdon

bigfish,
I am liking your new avatar, but there is some dude with a hat blocking the view.

10 Re: Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 5:37 pm

Jerdon

Mscustomflies wrote:I like the look of the Cumberland (type of sausage in the UK) but we can't get them over here and shipping plus handling cost and import duties means it's a no go. I've found what looks an almost equivalent tube that I'll upgrade to at some point

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That sure does look like the Cumberland.
Just with camo.

11 Re: Cumberland Crew on Wed May 18, 2016 5:58 pm

bigfish

Junior
Junior
Jerdon wrote:bigfish,
I am liking your new avatar, but there is some dude with a hat blocking the view.

Yeah, the photographer got the angle all wrong. Smile

12 Re: Cumberland Crew on Thu May 19, 2016 5:32 am

Misfitdog

Bobber
Bobber
Not a Bad Choice . As Tony G Stated there Booo lol! , but a upgrade is a upgrade none the less Smile

13 Re: Cumberland Crew on Thu May 19, 2016 5:44 am

bigfish

Junior
Junior
As far as ranking the Cumberland...it isn't exactly at the top of my list. But I have a lot of stuff I have bought and built that attaches to the tube. There needs to be certain features or I end up doing everything over.

So the Cumberland wins...won!

Oh, and I'm not a fan of orange. Now pink is a whole other story. Cool

14 Re: Cumberland Crew on Thu May 19, 2016 8:21 am

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
Well I must admit, I miss my green, GOPackers, but the "orange beacon" has a inflated seat for my tired butt. bounce GT

15 Re: Cumberland Crew on Thu May 19, 2016 8:28 am

bigfish

Junior
Junior
GT wrote:Well I must admit, I miss my green, GOPackers, but the "orange beacon" has a inflated seat for my tired butt. bounce   GT

Let's face it bro, getting old sucks. But I pity the fool that counts us out. Old lions are the most dangerous in the jungle!

16 Re: Cumberland Crew on Fri May 20, 2016 12:35 pm

bigfish

Junior
Junior
WOO HOO!

Got my Cumberland about an hour ago. Opened it up. Inspected it closely. Aired it up. Inspected I closely. Transferred all my externals from the Togiak to the Cumberland. A few minor adjustments, and she is ready for her maiden voyage.

I am crazy busy today and for the next two weeks. But as I sit here I am trying to figure out how to adjust my schedule so I can put her in the water tonight!

I am very impressed with the Cumberland! I'm very happy with the decision to go with it as an upgrade.

Man do I love Float Tube fishing! I should just sell the boat! I never use it.

17 Re: Cumberland Crew on Fri May 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Urban Cowboy

Bobber
Bobber
Congratulations on your purchase! I love my Cumberland. I sit up high, plenty of storage space, does everything I could ask of it. I think you will enjoy it.

http://dfiinsurance.com/

18 Re: Cumberland Crew on Fri May 20, 2016 2:15 pm

bigfish

Junior
Junior
Yeah, I was just taking a quick break to check the forum. I'm on my way to the to put her in the water!

19 Re: Cumberland Crew on Fri May 20, 2016 2:24 pm

Urban Cowboy

Bobber
Bobber
Awesome man! Good luck sir!

http://dfiinsurance.com/

20 Re: Cumberland Crew on Sat May 21, 2016 4:00 am

bigfish

Junior
Junior
The Cumberland report...

Took her out for her maiden voyage. After some minor tweaking she was anxious to get in the water. Float Tubes are like that. Like a pet, you have to feed them all the time.

As I prepped her to get wet. Rolling Eyes the differences between the new and old mounted up. The pockets seemed to be about the same in size. But the Cumbie was just two large pockets while the Togiak pockets are compartmentalized. I use numerous containers to organize my stuff. So the compartmentalization worked better for me

The inflation valves are far superior on the Cumbie! No contest there.

The apron on the Togiak has clips on the end to secure it when not in position. No chance of it getting away while I am entering or exiting the craft.

The backpack straps on the Cumbie seem wider apart. This causes them to want to slide off of my shoulders when hauling it. A simple chest strap will remedy that.

And finally; on the water!

Entry was about the same. First thing I noticed was how high I was sitting above the water. This is due partly to the larger pontoons but mostly because the seat is also a large flotation device. This also prevents the pontoons from pulling inwards when sitting in the tube.

Legs not as far into the water which in turn means the fins are closer to the surface. In small water I like to use small snorkel fins for better maneuverability. Sitting higher up means I won't be able to perform hard kicks to fight wind or current as effectively. I can easily counter this with my dive fins.

There is considerably less friction on the water with the Cumbie! This of course results in the wind scooting me around more easily. It also means it's a lot easier to propel it in the water too.

I really like the zipper set up on the Cumbie pockets. Works very nicely and is far superior to the ones on the Togiak.

The seat on the Cumbie is superior to the one on the Togiak. I found it to be very comfortable and easy to adjust while sitting in it.

Over all I rate the Cumbie way over the Togiak. It is a better quality build and certain features just make better sense.

Oh...and no maiden voyage is complete unless a fish is caught! I had four on the hook that managed to get some air and spit my lure back at me. Three very hard, nice strikes that missed. But one of them sealed the Cumberland Tube as a lucky fishing craft:

Doesn't that water look good!? Look out Salt team!

21 Re: Cumberland Crew on Sat May 21, 2016 8:51 am

Jerdon

Thanks for the report Bigfish!

Congratz on breaking her in.

I use 4 plano boxes for storage on my Cumby.
One 3700 on the bottom and a 3600 on top of that fit in each pocket easily.
I also keep a 5 gallon bucket behind the seat.

I criss cross the straps on the back for carrying the tube. Interestingly, there is a right and wrong way.

22 Re: Cumberland Crew on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:26 am

slider

Newby
Newby
Howdy fellow float tubers! I am new to the forum but have been float tubing for 20 or 30 years. Just bought a Cumberland after 4 other Cadis models all of which were donut models. I just love this new tube and can't say enough good about it. I would be out in it today except it is raining here in Missouri and got soaked last time out. It is great to see the modifications people have made to their tubes and am planning to put a fish finder on mine soon, any suggestions? I also plan on doing the mod on the apron.

Thank you to the people founding this forum, I am enjoying it very much.

23 Re: Cumberland Crew on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:51 am

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
Welcome aboard Slider........my first was a cumbie, loved it..........ya check out mods on Home page. Cyrious, where in Missouri. Have family in KC, Tarkio, Westboro..........GT

24 Re: Cumberland Crew on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:28 pm

slider

Newby
Newby
Thanks for the warm welcome.  I live north of St. Louis.  Already started mods on the Cumberland !!

Welcome again we look forward to seeing your mods sir

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum