» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:13 pm

» CastMate Systems V2.0 Rod Holder
by filippodg Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by mthaubs Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:55 pm

» Report from Great Alma Fishing Float on the Mississippi River
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 pm

» Canyon Lake float tubing for general public?
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:53 pm

» Tournament Series details
by jeffcpr Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm

» Redondo Launch Spots?
by Ornery Bob Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:01 am

» Just wondering
by Ornery Bob Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:09 am

» Catfish Plants
by Master Baiter Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:15 am

» Hello from so cal
by Ornery Bob Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » Greetings From HB

Greetings From HB

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Greetings From HB on Mon May 16, 2016 12:08 pm

ghodaddyyo

Newby
Newby
Hello forum members. My name is John and I live in Huntington Beach. Just wanted to introduce myself after joining and learning so much from reading through the forums. I used to be an avid light line surf fishing enthusiast as well as local park bass fisher along with my nephew. Since my nephew has grown up and has replaced fishing for fish to fishing for females, my fishing has dropped off to almost none.

I've always wanted to try tube fishing the local bays or the mountain lakes I see on my camping trips. With the recent Sports Chalet closures and resulting discounts, I came across a Fish Cat 4 Deluxe LCS and went for it. I'm slowly beginning to outfit the tube but I've yet to take it out on it's maiden voyage. I would like to test drive it this coming weekend at Hume Lake where I'll be camping with the family.

Since it appears I'm now all alone in my tube fishing adventures, I'm dealing with a certain bit of apprehension. Can I handle the currents? Do I need better flippers? Do I need an anchor? And a billion other questions are rearing up. I know I just have to take the plunge and stay within my limits, until the confidence builds. Hopefully soon I'll be able to take on the currents I keep reading about at Huntington Harbor, which is my closest tubing fishery.

Thank you all for sharing your wisdom and experiences.

2 Re: Greetings From HB on Mon May 16, 2016 2:37 pm

Jerdon

Welcome to the forum. Great tube you found.
Just jump in the water, meet up with other tubers, and use the equipment you like. You will soon figure out what works for you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: Greetings From HB on Mon May 16, 2016 2:52 pm

Fishingdachronarch201E7

Welcome John, good to have you aboard....I try and fish NPH every wednesday, so if you wanna come out, let me know and we can meet up...i go usually after work at around 5ish...till lke 8-9ish...

Hume lake looks like fun...good luck out there, hope you get on them....shoot us a report of how it went...

and as you go you will get more comfortable like you said....

also, the 28th we have SALT vs Fresh..gathering...check it out...

Tony G Fishing

4 Re: Greetings From HB on Mon May 16, 2016 7:40 pm

kin

Junior
Junior
Welcome aboard. I must warn you that your home harbor isn't the ideal place to do maiden voyages. Many of us know of its strong currents and experienced them first hand. If you do plan on going,I suggest not crossing the major channels until you are comfortable kicking for prolonged periods of time. With boat traffic, current and wind, a 5 minute crossing can take much much longer. Hh isnt as popular as nph, but it does produce well if you take the time to learn it...so I've been told of course. Good luck out there and hope to hear some reports soon!

5 Re: Greetings From HB on Tue May 17, 2016 6:09 am

bigfish

Junior
Junior
Welcome to the forum. Always glad to have new members.

Caution and common sense are always good. But I think that you'll find float tubing isn't nearly as 'scary' as it seems to the uninitiated. Once you start fishing from a tube you'll fall in love with it.

Remember, you can fish many of the same places that a boat can. But there are many places that you will have access to that a boat does not. That's the real beauty of tubing. Those weedy places or shallow inlets that you just know are fishy now become accessible. And tubing doesn't spook the fish either.

So get out there and fish!

6 Re: Greetings From HB on Tue May 17, 2016 8:17 am

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
Welcome aboard John.............as u have read, tubing is fishing from your LazyBoy.........If u venture to the Sierras u will want to take your tube. Have a great time at the lake with the family...........GT

7 Re: Greetings From HB on Tue May 17, 2016 10:28 pm

ghodaddyyo

Newby
Newby
Thanks everyone, can't wait. Just got my CastMate Rod Holders today! Also picked up a FishHunter Pro which is a castable sonar that I figured would be easier than rigging up a traditional sonar unit. I can tether it to my tube or cast it out on a rod. I just need to get out on the waters, preferably an easy spot to get my feet wet.

8 Re: Greetings From HB on Wed May 18, 2016 6:44 am

Jerdon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Thanks everyone, can't wait. Just got my CastMate Rod Holders today! Also picked up a FishHunter Pro which is a castable sonar that I figured would be easier than rigging up a traditional sonar unit. I can tether it to my tube or cast it out on a rod. I just need to get out on the waters, preferably an easy spot to get my feet wet.

I really hope you write up a report on the FishHunterPro.
Those ultra portable units look cool to me.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum