Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » New member from the uk

New member from the uk

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New member from the uk on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:44 am

Mscustomflies

Bobber
Bobber
Evening all only recently stumbled across the forum, I'm a fresh newbie to tubing and after getting a caddis tube second hand I set about modding it and adding a finder. I'll be mostly fly fishing for pike so the finder is mostly a tool for line choice. After rigging up a mount and using it once I got offered an Orvis waterbug, I've now tubed once in each tube and love it despite failing to catch.

The Orvis was hard work sitting higher but then 20mph + gusts would make any tube hard work at a guess

Here's my rig for the caddis although it does fit on the lower pontoon of the Orvis I'll be making a new mount to incorporate a couple of rod holders. Would experienced tubers recommend vertical holders or horizontal on clips?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

After using it I realised there was stress on the pin I used to keep the transducer mount vertical and proceeded to lose the pin so modified it further
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Still not sold on the waterbug but that will probably change one I've used it in favourable conditions and can see how it handles

2 Re: New member from the uk on Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:39 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
From the UK that is cool, we have members all over the world but i think you are the first from the UK. Glad you found us and it looks like you have some great ideas there already. Thanks for sharing and we loo forward t ok yiur reports from over the pond.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

3 Re: New member from the uk on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:54 pm

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Hi ya Mscustomflies and welcome to FTFF!

I like your float tube and your FF set up! Bad A**!

I hope to read many fishing reports in the near future ... about your successful sessions across the pond!

SP Dan <"))><

4 Re: New member from the uk on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Jerdon

Welcome Mscustomflies
I'm looking forward to some reports from over there.
Nice fish finder set up and thanks for sharing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

5 Re: New member from the uk on Mon May 02, 2016 4:21 am

bigfish

Junior
Junior
Fishing is obviously the international language. Glad to see you found the forum. Looking forward to some UK pics!

Nice set-up you got going on the tube.

Welcome to FTFF!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum