Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Waders and fins

Waders and fins

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Waders and fins on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:27 pm

Josh626

Newby
Newby
I'm looking to get waders booties and fins n everything for my trip to the sierras in May. I was wondering if u guys had some suggestions. Thanks in advance

2 Re: Waders and fins on Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:12 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
For the Sierras I would go for Neoprene waders, they will keep you warmer then anything else. I have Hodgmen Neoprene waders and I really like them. That is my 2 cents.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

3 Re: Waders and fins on Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:20 am

Josh626

Newby
Newby
So should I go with the Hodgmen neoprene caster with the cleat bootfoot or felt bootfoot? I'm new to tubing I bought a fish cat 4 and now I need to get all the accessories haha.

4 Re: Waders and fins on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:36 am

Jerdon

Josh626 wrote:So should I go with the Hodgmen neoprene caster with the cleat bootfoot or felt bootfoot? I'm new to tubing I bought a fish cat 4 and now I need to get all the accessories haha.  

What ever wader you pick make sure the foot or boot will fit in your fins. If you are only using the waders with your tube you just need something to walk to the water with. So boot foot or stocking foot will work.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

5 Re: Waders and fins on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:51 am

Josh626

Newby
Newby
Yeah i plan on only using them for tubing. I haven't gotten fins yet either I need to pick those up as well. Thanks for the advice I appreciate it

6 Re: Waders and fins on Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:15 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Dive fins are what i use, get the waders first take yjem with you to make sure you pickbthe fins that wil fit comforly over the waders. Also make sure your fins have yhe ajustable heel strap. Makes it easier to fit over the waders

7 Re: Waders and fins on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:02 pm

Josh626

Newby
Newby
Oh ok cool thanks alot for all the help I appreciate it!

8 Re: Waders and fins on Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:32 pm

Vagabond

Old Timer
Old Timer
If you are going to the sierras and want waders to tube with and walk/hike fish the creeks and streams I would go with boot foot with a lug or rubber sole. Then you only need one set of waders for everything, a pair of the caddis strap on fins will fit boot foot waders and move you around pretty good.
If you go with waders that are stocking foot you will need to purchase boots separately and usually get them a size or two larger to fit with the thick wader stocking feet. Neoprene is definitely the way to go this time of year and you may want to wear sweat pants or thermals under them for added warmth.
I personally take two pairs of waders sometimes 3 when I go up there, nothing like driving 300+ miles and have your waders leak on you up there with no backup. I take one pair of boot foot in canvas or hunting style for fishing creeks and streams or wading lakes, they are more puncture resistant to branches and rocks. A pair of stocking foot with boots just for tubing. And a spare breathable stocking foot wader for just incase since they take up no room.

If ya on a budget sport chalet has good prices on waders if you join their rewards program and use the 20% off coupon or a site I like to order from is [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have 2 pairs of their own brand "guide gear" waders and have never had any problems with them in over 5 years.

Please keep in mind I over prepare for all my trips lol. 3 waders, 2 tubes and 2 sets of fins. But I don't want to be up there and have to go without or buy local because they really gouge you up there for gear. Have fun and remember to air down your tube while traveling so the altitude change doesn't pop it.

9 Re: Waders and fins on Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:19 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
What he said.

10 Re: Waders and fins on Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:24 am

Josh626

Newby
Newby
Yeah that's is true I think I'm going to go with boot foot then since i can get more all around use for it and I already have those fish cat strap on fins I could use them with. Thanks for being so helpful!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum