» HookupBaits Discount Code
by GT Today at 8:58 am

» Reduced $ NIB Cumberland Float Tube w/ Rod Rack
by SP Dan Yesterday at 8:18 pm

» The boat has to have a name
by jeffcpr Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:09 am

» Updating The Ride - building out my Super Fat Cat
by SP Dan Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 pm

» Super Monster Heavy Duty Tube at the Hall Show in March (Long Beach)
by Misfit_Angler138 Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:18 pm

» Air pump suggestions
by chipmcd Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:10 pm

» You really can take it all with you!
by mthaubs Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:43 pm

» How does the tournament work..
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:15 am

» The next 2018 Tournament is up to sign up for
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:17 am

» FT - Tournament Series Jan - March
by jeffcpr Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:22 pm

» SP Dan's FT is ready for the OPENING DAY of 2017
by SP Dan Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:04 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Sabe Latitude repair

Sabe Latitude repair

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Sabe Latitude repair on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:01 pm

mocka

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I have a Sabe Latitude Float Tube and it has been well looked after, but used very little, of late.

I decided to use it on a lovely water recently and discovered that I was leaning back too far and shipping water down the back of my waders.

The reason was that the back bladder had gone down over a short time, unbeknown to me, and the reason I found, was that the valve which has a right angle entry into the tube had separated both inside and outside the poly bladder.

I suspect that the initial weld may have been radio frequency welded but I thought that as a solution maybe I could apply Marine Goop both inside and out and leave it for 24 hours prior to use.

If anyone has an alternative that they think would work better then I am open to suggestions.

The main bladder is Ok at the air connection point and I thought that a vinyl welding place may be the area to look at but I have spoken to a guy who does that for kayaks and he was not particularly keen on trying that, as I guess the melt point of the poly bladder may prove to be problematic.

I am in Australia and would hate to discard the use of the tube and I don't want to put a rubber tube in it if I can at all manage.

I trust that someone has come up against this problem before and worked out a satisfactory solution.

2 Re: Sabe Latitude repair on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:19 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
I might have an idea I will get back to you.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

3 Re: Sabe Latitude repair on Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:26 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
OK we have an online magazine that we produce and in Septembers issue last year we had an article on reparing your bladder. It was not about the valve but it was about basic repair of the badder. You will need to view this on a computer or laptop it cannot be viewed on a smartphone or tablet. Go to the link below for the magazine and you can find the article on page 18 and 32. I hope this works for your let us know if it works or if you have any other questions.

4 Sabe Latitude repair on Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:17 am

mocka

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
I had thought about Aquaseal and also Aquasure also as way of instituting a repair and of course the problem is always that it is at the valve base.

I had thought of getting a new valve assembly of the type that will screw together with a sandwich in between of marine goop.

I will wait for a few more replies so as hopefully to get a balance of opinions to enable a good thought process about this repair.

I should advise that the tubes on my Sabe are transparent and when purchased I got roll of repair tape which I have not had to use at all, as of yet.

The adhesive that you mentioned in your reply may not be available down here but I shall check asap.

Many thanks for your prompt reply as it is very much appreciated.

5 Re: Sabe Latitude repair on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:04 am

jeffcpr

Admin
Cool well i hope we can help you with yoir issue. I think the biggest issue ia yhe age of the tube, but then again there should be a simple fix. Who else can help guys.

6 Re: Sabe Latitude repair on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:33 am

GT

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Hello Mocka..........well I did some research and found your tube was built in Idaho, USA. They r no longer in business, but u probably already new that. So I found the typical patch tape, 'Tear-Aid', which by the way works very well for flat surfaces. But this also is probably not a option, so I found a company, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that makes inflatables. They have a support team that can help u with your problem or manufacture you a new bladder.

Give them a try..........GT

7 Sabe Latitude repair on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:01 pm

mocka

New FTFF Member
New FTFF Member
Gt ,
Thanks for the link and I've checked it out and it may have some merit.

It of course is a difficult area in some ways to fix and perhaps in others it may be not so hard.

I'll pick up some more thoughts and let the forum know as to what happens.

Thanks again for the response!

8 Re: Sabe Latitude repair on Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:15 pm

GT

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member
Hope all turns out well Mocka, from up north....... GT

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum