Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Minn Kota Transom Mounted Motor With I-Pilot Control Interest

Minn Kota Transom Mounted Motor With I-Pilot Control Interest

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SIGSAUER

Newby
Newby
I recently sent Minn Kota an email suggesting they consider making a transom mounted I-Pilot remote controlled motor.

I don't know about everyone else but I think this would make using a trolling motor a hundred times simpler. I used my pontoon for trolling last week and I did very well but it was very inconvenient constantly controlling the motor while trying to setup lines and bringing in fish.

I suggested they make it light weight, with low battery drain, and in the 30lb thrust range.

Honestly I think this would be a good idea for any boat user with a transom mount and unless I'm missing something I don't understand why it hasn't been done. If they were willing to make a motor strictly for kayaks, how hard would it be to add an I-Pilot control to an existing transom design.

So should I hear back from them I would like to show them how many might be interested. So please post here with interest, design suggestions, and what you would be willing to pay. I'm sure if they were willing to do it the price would be similar to thier bow mounted I-pilot controlled options.

jeffcpr

Admin
That is a great idea we all need to speak up to the fishing industry if we do we will start to see the changes for our sport. I will send this out as a bulk message and see if we can find those who are interested, in this.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

SIGSAUER

Newby
Newby
Thank you jeffcpr. I got a quick reply from Minn Kota and this was what they had to say:

"Yes - this is a product that our design engineers have thought about already. However, it has never been approved by the Product Managers as something they want them to go ahead and design at this time. Sorry."

Hopefully we get a large response here and I can show them that there is a market for it. In the mean time I also plan to contact Motor Guide.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum