The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Holiday Gift Ideas
by Jerdon Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by Jerdon Yesterday at 10:23 pm

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

» Early present
by Hunt Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

» Santa Ana River Lakes
by GT Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

» Edge Open Heel Flex Scuba Fin
by jeffcpr Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

» Wader and Boot Dryer
by SP Dan Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

» Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Breathable Guide Pant
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

» Hello from Vhanaya
by Hunt Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am

» Waterproof Reels - Penn Spinfisher and KastKing Sharky II
by singletrack Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by Jerdon Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube and Pontoon Tips, Tricks and Mods » Turning float tube

Turning float tube

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Turning float tube on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:31 pm

ann.ariel95

Newby
Newby
Hi again guys! So I'm currently in my pool. With my float tube. Haha I'm too excited. But! I have no idea how to turn! Does anyone know how to explain or has a link to a good video explaining how hahaha

2 Re: Turning float tube on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:45 pm

fishin' fatty

Bobber
Bobber
ok! lets see if I can be of some help. this is what works for me until I find a better way to do it. here goes: butt in the seat facing forward, fins in front of ya. turn either your left or right foot in
as if you were going to walk pigeon toed. kick, and wait. now level out your fin (meaning horizontal for the least resistance) and bring it back around for another push.

another way it might make sense is to kind of lean your legs to one side and pretend you are spinning an office chair, but don't cross your feet.

wow. now that is written it seems like it could be confusing but it looks right in my head, and I can turn a full circle in about 4 kicks... hope this helps

3 Re: Turning float tube on Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:52 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Try this as well

THE TURNING KICK,...
This is an interesting kick that water polo players and synchronized swimmers use to turn on a dime. You spread your legs wide and kick your legs in circles.Clockwise to go left, counter to go right. If you do it right you should be able to turn 180 degrees in your own diameter with one kick.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

4 Re: Turning float tube on Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:21 pm

ann.ariel95

Newby
Newby
Great thank you so much guys! My grandfather actually saw me struggling haha and he told me to lift one foot out of the water and just push sideways with the other. Making a U-shape while going back into position so you're not just pushing the water back and forth and you stay in the same place. Which actually works really well. I will definitely try other ways, cause it is still difficult haha

5 Re: Turning float tube on Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:40 pm

Jerdon

I never really thought about how I turn.
Today while I was out I paid attention to what I was doing. Seems I use a combination of techniques.
When I zig zag or make small turns I lean with my head and angle my legs like FF describes. When I want to "spin" around on my axis, read butt, I swirl my fins in a circular motion with a kind of scissor kick like Jeff describes. I am thinking in a pool there would be only enough room for the circular motion to work.

I do remember when I changed from Force Fins to bigger fins the swirling put a tremendous amount of stress on the tops of my feet till I toned up.

I hope this helps

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum