Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » FTFF Tackle Shop-Classifieds, Fishing Shows » Classifieds » WTB- Force Fin XL or XXL not certain (or Adjustable)

WTB- Force Fin XL or XXL not certain (or Adjustable)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
I have a size 10 sock foot, I wear a size 12-13 neoprene pull over zippered boots.
What size Force Fin will I need to purchase for the comfortable fit but not too tight.
Is the adjustable FF the way to go??

Dan

Last edited by SP Dan on Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:01 am; edited 2 times in total

Jerdon

I have the same size foot/shoe setup you do.

I have  original style Force Fins in large and they do NOT fit over the neoprene flats boots I have.
I have some Omega FlipFins in XL that I use in the cold. I will eventually pick up a pair of XXL Force Fins. I am not sure if XL will fit over my flats boots so if you get a chance to try some let us know, but the FloatTube FF will fit anything. Some people don't like the FloatTube FF as they feel a bit sloppy under pressure, other people  have no problem at all.

FloatTube FF

Original Style FF

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
If you have the boots that I am thinking of, they have way too much rubber on the sides of the feet. I would recommend a sleeker shoe. I have the O'Neal reactor reef boots and couldn't be happier. Plus you don't have to worry about the zipper seizing up.

Jerdon

.:LOLLY:. wrote:If you have the boots that I am thinking of,  they have way too much rubber on the sides of the feet. I would recommend a sleeker shoe. I have the O'Neal reactor reef boots and couldn't be happier. Plus you don't have to worry about the zipper seizing up.

What  size shoe and fin Lolly?

I started wearing my reef booties with the ForceFins this summer, but they are size 10 and just barely slip in the Large. I would have to go up 3 or four sizes to fit over my wader stocking foot.

These are the flats boots I have

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Senior
Senior
Jerdon wrote:
.:LOLLY:. wrote:If you have the boots that I am thinking of,  they have way too much rubber on the sides of the feet. I would recommend a sleeker shoe. I have the O'Neal reactor reef boots and couldn't be happier. Plus you don't have to worry about the zipper seizing up.

What  size shoe and fin Lolly?

I started wearing my reef booties with the ForceFins this summer, but they are size 10 and just barely slip in the Large. I would have to go up 3 or four sizes to fit over my wader stocking foot.

These are the flats boots I have

Yup, those are the boots that I was thinking of. With the reef boots that I bought I only had to go up one size to make them fit over my waders. They're neoprene and stretch quite a bit. I bought my shoes from a surf shop in long beach at the base of the pier. I even took my waders with me to make sure it fit.

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Do you recall the name of the surf shop in Long Beach?

Senior
Senior
No but it is right next door to chronic taco

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Long Beach Windsurf & Kayak Center

3850 E Ocean Blvd
Long Beach, Ca. 90803

Senior
Senior
Yup. That's the one. The guy was really helpful when I went.

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
.:LOLLY:. wrote:Yup. That's the one. The guy was really helpful when I went.

I going to head over there tomorrow with my waders.
I'll tell him that you sent me! salute

Thanx LOLLY

bugger

Bobber
Bobber
SP Dan wrote:I have a size 10 sock foot, I wear a size 12-13 neoprene pull over zippered boots.
What size Force Fin will I need to purchase for the comfortable fit but not too tight.
Is the adjustable FF the way to go??

Dan

You should be in a XL but you really need to try them first. I'm a size 11 wide and with waders and neo booties size 14 I use a XXL and I fit on the deep end. Deeper is better than shallow. You want all your toes out of the foot box.

Don't get the adjustable. They were made more for people who wear actual wading boots.

Heres my fit

The reef shoes are fine if you do fairly clean tubing. I get into some pretty nasty swampy muddy places that will suck a shoe right off so think about what the area is like where you tube.

SP Dan

Old Timer
Old Timer
Got em!
Carrie helped me and she was extremely helpful!
I purchased the size 12. Allowed for plenty of toe room.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum