The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Invites, Fishing Events, Forum Gatherings, and other Tournaments » Contest, Fishing Events and Tournaments » Looking for some input from you guys for a Mustang Life Vest Sponsorship

Looking for some input from you guys for a Mustang Life Vest Sponsorship

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jeffcpr

Admin
So I came across this today and was wondering what does everyone this of this. They might be able to provide us with product samples which is great. Plus we are working to make our sport safer. I am thinking of going through with the application but I need some ideas on a gathering, get together, or workshop idea to help us stand out. They are looking for partners that support water safety as well as markets that help to promote them, Twisted Evil that is us right so what is your thoughts guys lets put our heads together and make this happen. Below in some of the details for your to look over thanks in advance guys tight lines.

At Mustang Survival we continue to seek out and partner with industry influencers and associations that share and reflect our vision: “We Save Lives For A Living”.
Our sponsorship partners and programs:

Showcase our latest products and innovations
Showcase exclusive leadership in our markets
Mutually support marketing plans with measurable benefits
Educate and promote safe enjoyment near or on the water
Educate and promote safe working environments near or on the water
Provide international, national, and state reach

We thank you for considering Mustang Survival as a potential partner. Before submitting your proposal to us, please review our requirements below:

Application Guidelines:

Please include the following information in your application:

A short introduction to your organization and a web link
A summary of how your organization is a good fit for Mustang Survival with specific reference to the market criteria stated above
An outline of the project for which you are requesting funding including:
Objectives
Timeline – start date must be at least 12 weeks from date of submission
Marketing Plan
Post-event evaluation
Cost and/or specific products you are requesting
Your name, email and phone number
Commitments:

In return for support, Mustang Survival may require some or all of the following:

High resolution photography and/or videos
Product testimonials
Marketing promotions
Brand advocacy

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
Wow Jeff. That would be great. It's amazing everything that you have been doing for the forum! At first I was against the inflatable pfd's but lately I have grown to hate my foam pfd because it is just so damn bulky and it is annoying when it rubs the side of my neck.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

jeffcpr

Admin
Ya I think this fits us well, but it looks like we need to come up with some sort of event to help promote the products. We did a workshop once it was very small but maybe this could be something we could try again. Or maybe just one of our gatherings, I just really don't know right now.

fishin' fatty

Bobber
Bobber
ok this is me just blurtin' off the top of my head, so here goes: most of what I have seen with their product line has been worn by guys fishing from a boat. reasons are they are lightweight, unobtrusive to the motions of casting/reeling/landing fish... perfect reasons to use one on a float tube! my point to all this... I am wondering, besides an event, if there is any interest by Mustang in what could be an advertising idea. either a photo (magazine) or sponsored video showing a tuber wearing the inflatable with a simple message, such as (example? anyone please chime in!)

"We fish. When we fish it's a educational experience, an adventure. We learn, We teach others. We seek new waters, We visit our favorites. But never without safety being the most important. We choose the products that keep us safe and give us the peace of mind to know we can look forward to our next opportunity. To fish. It's what we do."

comments welcome and appreciated! salute

jeffcpr

Admin
A video is a great idea, the advertising will be added to the proposal, but I am liking the idea of a video. Also you had some great words there at the end, maybe we could use some of that in the proposal. More ideas guys keep them coming and thanks fishin' fatty.

JOER210

Bobber
Bobber
Sounds great to me I hate the bulky pfd I have but those inflatable pfd's are pricy

jeffcpr

Admin
Yes they are pricy but there are the better way to go, not sure what we would get for doing this, but hopefully it would be some free products.

Vagabond

Old Timer
Old Timer
I won one of their vests in a raffle and been using it for tubing and kayaking for years. So much more comfortable than anything with foam in it, no limit of motion like other vests. Havn't had to use it in the water yet thankfully.

@JOER210 wrote:Sounds great to me I hate the bulky pfd I have but those inflatable pfd's are pricy

Just have to catch them at the right time on sale or the right guy selling one like on eBay Thumbs Up

Tony G Fishing

I want one LOL.....i have a foam one...gets uncomfortable at times...let me know how i can help....

Jerdon

OK I given this some thought.

Objectives:
Report on comfort, maneuverability, and performance in the water
via a "Head to Head comparison of life vests"

2 or 3 guys get together and live test. One with Mustang the other/s with whatever they bring

Kicking from place to place
Casting and reeling from the tube
Falling into the water from the tube

We could do this from the safety of a swimming pool or meet up at the salt or lake water of choice.

We could pitch a timeline and specifics after we kick it around a bit.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

fishin' fatty

Bobber
Bobber
Had a similar thought on someone purposely taking a dunk (monitored of course) and as for a side by side comparison, 2-3 guys about the same weight?

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:OK I given this some thought.

Objectives:
  Report on comfort, maneuverability, and performance in the water
       via a  "Head to Head comparison of life vests"

2 or 3 guys get together and live test. One with Mustang the other/s with whatever they bring

Kicking from place to place
Casting and reeling from the tube
Falling into the water from the tube

We could do this from the safety of a swimming pool or meet up at the salt or lake water of choice.

We could pitch a timeline and specifics after we kick  it around a bit.

Great ideas guys I think we are going to do something along these lines. Video with some side by side comparisons, maybe even a little swimming action as well. Thumbs Up I am thinking time line wise lets took at summer. This gives us time to write it up and plan it out, thanks guys. Anymore ideas just let us know.

n2deepfsw

Senior
Senior
I've been using my mustang life vest for a couple of years now and love it, so comfortable sometimes I forget it's on.

Joe Flyrod

Newby
Newby
Hi Guys:

A half dozen of us float tube fish back East, mostly in cold New England water.  Right from the get go, we decided that swimming a couple of hundred yards to shore in water filled waders wasn't a bright idea, so we all bought inflatables from Cabela's.  When they are running sales they can be had pretty reasonably.  I have been fishing in mine for 5 or 6 years now, and after putting it on and shoving off, I'm not even aware that I have it on.  Inflatables are very comfortable and don't restrict your range of motion to any real degree.  My buddies and I bought the models that automatically inflate if you go under, so there is no fumbling for the rip cord (which they have as a back up).

With that said, it appears that the Mustang vests are even higher quality than the ones we bought.  I noticed that the Coast Guard Auxillary guys who we meet at the boat ramps always have them on.  The government doesn't worry about how they spend our money, so they must be wearing them for a reason.  I have never been big on wearing any kind of standard life jacket or vest.  But wearing the inflatables is a no brainer.

Regarding your idea for a workshop, given that many of us don't live nearby, putting on a webinar might be a good way for the Mustang people to connect with all of us.  Just some thoughts on an important topic.

jeffcpr

Admin
Well put I also use an inflatable now and I can only say I wish I would have been using it from the start.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum