Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Non-Fishing Related Discussions » Off Topic Discussions » Windows 10

Windows 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Windows 10 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:46 am

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
OK any of you guys down loaded 10 yet and what do you think, better or worse than 8? I'm hoping for better. I will wait and see what the verdict is and download next month if all is good.........thanks for your 2 cents......GT

2 Re: Windows 10 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:19 am

Jerdon

I only know one person who has downloaded Windows 10.
He ended up buying a new computer cause of all the headaches.

I'm on the no go fence right now.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: Windows 10 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:37 am

Windows 10 is actually very good , the best of Windows 7 and the mix of a few bright spots of windows 8 ... Windows 8 just tried to do to much . the transition has been smooth and i have not experienced any major issues yet . Just Remember upon doing the upgrade it will take about 3 hrs depending on your internet connection / speed . You will need to upgrade Video card drivers and such afterwards as expected , but its not a pain .

1 thing I would recommend is when doing the initial setup after install do the customize your setting options over express settings and turn off the Windows Sharing options , as if this is left on anyone on your friends list from facebook , instagram , twitter . they can come over and instantly connect to your wireless network with out passwords ! Thus causing security risk to files , internet security .. Major No ,No right there

4 Re: Windows 10 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:00 pm

bigfish

Junior
Junior
I have downloaded Windows 10 to a Surface Pro and Surface Pro3. I am extremely pleased with the upgrade. I haven't experienced any problems or issues. I put them through a lot of trials as I am going to upgrade our company computers but I wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any problems first. So far my upgrades have been to the 8.1 OS. I also have two Windows 7 computers to upgrade. Can't tell you if that will be as problem free yet.

5 Re: Windows 10 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:20 pm

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
Thanks Guys, I'm 8.1 Pro and have the free download ready for install. I too have read good things so far. Much appreciated.....GT

6 Re: Windows 10 on Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:47 pm

GT wrote:Thanks Guys, I'm 8.1 Pro and have the free download ready for install. I too have read good things so far. Much appreciated.....GT

Np GT , I upgraded from Windows 7 and had no issues with the install , so that may Elevate some of your worries Bigfish

Wes

7 Re: Windows 10 on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:56 am

bigfish

Junior
Junior
Good to hear that your windows 7 upgrade did well Misfitdog! Thanks, it does help calm my fear concerning that upgrade to come. One of the windows 7 computers is my power computer in the man cave.

8 Re: Windows 10 on Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:17 pm

Pavo21

Junior
Junior
best windows operating system ever was xp. sorry guys but xp was hands down the best next to windows 95. this is coming from a computer person. if you can do linux then you'd rather go that was awesome!!! but windows 10 is 10 fold of windows 8. like wes said windows 8 tried to hard. windows 8 in my mind is freaking windows ME which sucked and windows 2000 which sucked. so i say UPGRADEEE

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum