Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Show Your Float » New Colorado Pontoon

New Colorado Pontoon

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Colorado Pontoon on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:25 am

jasperfish

Newby
Newby

My new toy

2 Re: New Colorado Pontoon on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:43 am

Jerdon

Very nice!!
I see a Cumberland in your aviator. If the Cumberland was what you migrated from could you give a report. I am thinking about moving up to a toon. Maybe you could give a comparison of the pocket storage area's, handling on the water, and portability differences?

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: New Colorado Pontoon on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:43 am

jasperfish

Newby
Newby
Hi Jerdon,
As far as the storage goes the 2 pockets on the side of the seat are the same size as the cumberland pockets but they are separated into 3 sections which I like alot. the 2 on the rear of the boat in my opinion are useless on the water because I can't reach them, the 2 on the front are almost the same size as the primary pockets near the seat just not as tall. and they each have a small mesh pocket on them, I would say the toon has at least double the storage not including the rack the battery and medium cooler fit in behind the seat. I am still very new to the use of it so the oars are still in the learning stage for me, the trolling motor is great but does track a bit strange because the motor mounts of to the side not in the center of the boat. As for the portability, you have to look at it like it is a true boat, it will take more to to get in and out of the water unless you trailer it fully loaded. I haul mine onto of my SUV so it gets striped down to transport. My time is only 20 minutes from truck to water, so it is still not to bad to deal with.
I hope that helps and feel free to ask anything else.

4 Re: New Colorado Pontoon on Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:54 am

Jerdon

Thanks!!
I notice that most of the guys who use toons with frames don't bother to use fins to kick. Is that because the fins don't work well or the motor is just easier?

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

5 Re: New Colorado Pontoon on Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:36 pm

jasperfish

Newby
Newby
I add a swivel to my seat so I sit a few inches higher than normal so the fins are not as much good for moving spot to spot but they do still work well for staying in position, you have to decide if it is worth it to bring the with you for just stability while you fish. I still bring mine but I don't think it will last long before they get left at home because I find it very hard to use the swivel seat with them on and I find it much more useful just drop anchor and fish 360 degrees

6 Re: New Colorado Pontoon on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:26 am

atavuss

Bobber
Bobber
Pretty cool toon! I imagine the battery will last multiple days?
How is the stability on the water?
Does the wind push it around a lot?

7 Re: New Colorado Pontoon on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:36 am

jasperfish

Newby
Newby
I run the motor on 3 most of the time and after 6 hour trip I am still around 12V. I climb all over the thing out on the water and swivel the seat 360 degrees and have never felt a bit unstable, the only thing I have not done is flat out stand up. I have not had to much trouble with the wind but I do toss the anchor on real windy days.

8 Re: New Colorado Pontoon on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:33 pm

Two2.

Newby
Newby
Nice setup jasperfish. looks like you can cover lots water with that trolling motor. Very nice

9 Re: New Colorado Pontoon on Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Pavo21

Junior
Junior
nice choice man i love my toon, but i use my tube more often, i do use my fins on it when i use it. Also Jerdon, my toon is up for sale in the classifieds if you want to take a look at it.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

10 Re: New Colorado Pontoon on Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:14 am

NeKro

Bobber
Bobber
Just ordered one. cant wait to use it.

11 Question on Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:31 am

reschultz

Newby
Newby
Where did you find the transducer bracket? Very cool. Want to do this to my pontoon. Thanks, Bob

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum