Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Store Spare Bladder

Store Spare Bladder

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Store Spare Bladder on Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:41 am

jasperfish

Newby
Newby
Hi all,
I got a Colorado pontoon boat and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to store a spare bladder. I am thinking that to just fold it up it could over time cause weak points at the folds and could turn to leaks. I would hate to ruin a new bladder by mistake.
Thanks Eric

2 Re: Store Spare Bladder on Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:59 am

Jerdon

I have a spare tube and it came folded up.
I filled it to test for leaks and then "rolled" it up because I had the same concerns.

I hope this helps

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: Store Spare Bladder on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:07 am

jeffcpr

Admin
Ya I think rolling it is a better idea but you might want to open it and move it (re-roll) from time to time just to be in the safe side.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

4 Re: Store Spare Bladder on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:24 pm

waxon67

Senior
Senior
Could you hang it over clothes hanger in the closet?

5 Re: Store Spare Bladder on Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:08 am

jasperfish

Newby
Newby
Waxon67, I thought about hanging it like that but I felt that over time it could get a tight fold at the hanger like some pants do. I am going to just roll the and every so often unroll them and put a bit of air to it just to stretch things out a bit and then roll them back up. with any luck I will never need them.

6 Re: Store Spare Bladder on Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:58 am

bigfish

Junior
Junior
Actually I think hanging them is the best option. Use the hangers with clips on them. Put some cloth or paper in the jaws to prevent damage. A cool dark closet is the best place to store plastic, rubber or nylon since UV is a major enemy. Bacteria is the other major enemy. But because they are new that shouldn't be a problem.

I've been considering purchasing a backup bladder myself. But then I wouldn't have an excuse to buy a new float tube. Smile

7 Re: Store Spare Bladder on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:16 am

waxon67

Senior
Senior
Speaking of bladders...
I went through a period when I seamed to suffer a series of small punctures. I used some old bladders that were beyond hope as liners inside the tube between the shell and the good tube as a buffer/reinforcment approach.  Not sure if it made a difference but it made me feel better.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum