Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » Hello from Maine

Hello from Maine

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hello from Maine on Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:26 am

caught_the_fever

Newby
Newby
Hey guys & gals.  I'm Mike and live in Southern Maine.  I inherited a love of the outdoors from my maternal grandfather as a child.  I pursued other hobbies while living in the greater Boston area for several years however after moving back to Maine I picked up fishing once again and developed a serious addiction.  Soon I found myself drilling through the ice in order to feed it throughout the year.  

In the last few years, I've been easing into fly-fishing which brought me to float tubes.  I just bought my first tube (Cumberland) and look forward to picking up some tips from the experts here. I appreciate everyone's time, insight as well as patience as I venture into this new experience and I hope to talk a little shop once I get the bottom of my tube wet for the first time!

2 Re: Hello from Maine on Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:39 pm

Jerdon

Welcome to the forum Mike!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: Hello from Maine on Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:26 pm

Welcome to the forums Mike , you are one lucky guy to live in Maine with all those hunting and fishing opportunities ... Enjoy your stay and i am glad you found us ... looking forward to reading some of your reports

Wes

4 Re: Hello from Maine on Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:33 am

jasperfish

Newby
Newby
Welcome to the forum Mike, this is a great place to get info about tubing. It is nice to see someone from my neck of the woods

5 Re: Hello from Maine on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:15 pm

waxon67

Senior
Senior
Welcome aboard! Good choice on tubes, she'll take care of you. Be safe and tight lines.

6 Re: Hello from Maine on Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:33 am

bigfish

Junior
Junior
You're going to find you made a great choice in regards to fly fishing from a float tube. Other than adapting your cast from a sitting position it is the best fly fishing method I have ever experienced. Total float craft control while leaving your hands free.

Welcome to the forum. Some great people here. Keep your lines tight...

Big Fish

7 Re: Hello from Maine on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:39 am

Fishingdachronarch201E7

Welcome Mike! for sure you will find anything you need to know about tubing here...great group of guys....and man i wish i could do some ice fishing, we have some people we work with out of Minnesota and weve been invited to come out there and try it out, now we just have to do it...good stuff again welcome and cant wait for some reports from that way of the country!! Thumbs Up

Tony G

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

8 Re: Hello from Maine on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:55 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Fishermen of the Year 2014
Welcome aboard Mike to the dark side. Enjoy your stay, tight lines.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvXbCKuQvDqfXdaWYIyZgJQ

9 Re: Hello from Maine on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:36 pm

Two2.

Newby
Newby
Welcome caught the fever. Lots of great people on here with lots of great info.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum