The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Holiday Gift Ideas
by Jerdon Yesterday at 10:25 pm

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by Jerdon Yesterday at 10:23 pm

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:39 pm

» Early present
by Hunt Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

» Santa Ana River Lakes
by GT Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

» Edge Open Heel Flex Scuba Fin
by jeffcpr Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

» Wader and Boot Dryer
by SP Dan Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

» Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Breathable Guide Pant
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

» Hello from Vhanaya
by Hunt Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am

» Waterproof Reels - Penn Spinfisher and KastKing Sharky II
by singletrack Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by Jerdon Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube and Pontoon Tips, Tricks and Mods » Quick quide on how to fix your float tube bladders

Quick quide on how to fix your float tube bladders

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

filippodg

Bobber
Bobber
Just posting a quick guide on how to fix your float tube's bladder. Hope it helps. Smile

1) Buy an HDX Vinyl Patch Kit. Home Depot sells it for $5. It has plenty of glue and patch that it'll be good for lots of repairs, so it's nice to keep it in your tool box. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2) Remove the damaged bladder from your tube, clean the edge of the tear with alcohol and dry it off. Do not use soap.  

3) Align the tear edges very well so that the cut kind of disappears, put some glue on it, and let it dry for 20-30 min.

4) Cut the patch big enough to cover the edge of the tear. Round the corners off so that the patch won't peel off easily over time. Pour and spread some glue on it, and place it over the tear. Hold it in place, pressing tightly, for about 5 min.

5) Pour some more glue around the edges of the patch to create a strong seal. I believe this is a crucial step, so pour as much glue as you think it's necessary.  

6) Let it cure for 12-24 hours. You're done.  

I actually had a really bad tear at the seam, which it's tricky to fix (some say almost impossible). I tried following the kit's directions but it didn't work, my tube was still leaking air. I then got creative and the procedure above finally worked. I went out for a 3 hour session last night and had no issues. Smile

NOTE: I'm not a pro, so follow my directives at your own risk. I won't be held responsible for damaged tubes. Smile

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by filippodg on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:54 pm; edited 4 times in total

Jerdon

Thanks for sharing!!
Keep us posted on future trips for durability.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

filippodg

Bobber
Bobber
Will do. Smile

Hopefully it holds up for a long time. I did file a claim with Classic Accessories and the rep I talked to was so kind and helpful. It's a 3 month old tube and a tear at the seam sounds and looks like a product defect, per what the rep told me. It's covered under warranty. Great company so far!

bigfish

Junior
Junior
Good news tip. Keep us posted on how it holds up. Seam tears and separations are the worst. It's always nice to find a method that works.

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
Nice job on the fix. I also had a tear at the seam. I put some aquaseal on it and fixed it with no problems. Still running strong. No need for patches or anything just dab some aquaseal on there. It also fixes leaky waders.

filippodg

Bobber
Bobber
Thanks Smile I'll look into aquasel too.

david886720

Junior
Junior
Thanks for the tips filippodg and Lolly. I've got some leaks to fix on my bladders too

jeffcpr

Admin
That was great buddy thanks for posting that on our board.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

filippodg

Bobber
Bobber
Smile

Nice!!!!! Thanks a lot . I have a Cumberland and have a couple small leaks. I was thinking of just throwing it away. Now I can fix the problem and have it as a loner.. once again Thanks a lot .

filippodg

Bobber
Bobber
Np. Glad I could help guys.

waxon67

Senior
Senior
Loon UV vinyl sealant is another good one. Especially in an on the spot situation. Buy the UV pen light and seal a hole or tear in the dark. Sets in a couple minutes.

Sport Chalet.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum