Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Backpacking a Super Fat Cat

Backpacking a Super Fat Cat

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Backpacking a Super Fat Cat on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:39 am

atavuss

Bobber
Bobber
Just did a quick look online at backpacks, what a bewildering assortment of packs that are available!
Anyone know what size pack I would need to pack a Super Fat Cat? The SFC has the inflatable seat bottom and seat back to pack smaller.
Not planning on doing camping at the same time as packing a float tube so I won't need to carry tent, stove, sleeping bag, etc.

2 Re: Backpacking a Super Fat Cat on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:25 am

supsurfer

Newby
Newby
A buddy and me have packed in our Fish Cat 4 with the inflatable seat cushions in our 70L and 85L packs. Although the tubes are smaller on our's I think they pack down to about the same approximate size. We were camping and had minimal backpacking tents/stoves etc. but I would say that 65L or 70L packs would be what you would need. It kind of depends on how far you are hiking and how much you are willing to spend for comfort.

3 Re: Backpacking a Super Fat Cat on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:10 pm

atavuss

Bobber
Bobber
Good info Supsurfer, thanks! Any input on brands that you guys are using and like?

4 Re: Backpacking a Super Fat Cat on Wed Jun 10, 2015 7:35 pm

Vagabond

Old Timer
Old Timer
Look into a heavy duty mesh decoy backpack. They use them for hunting but they are big enough to carry a deflated tup, made of heavy mesh so they are strong but light weight and your tube will dry while in it. I have one that is mesh but also rubber coated, works better than just mesh if you can find them.

5 Re: Backpacking a Super Fat Cat on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:39 pm

supsurfer

Newby
Newby
attavuss, if you are going to use them for backpacking also I think it's worth getting a decent pack. I highly recommend Osprey if you are going to back pack with it. One of those brands that you can't go wrong with as long as you use it. I have a a couple Gregory packs as well and may be a better value if you are not going to use them that often. Whatever pack it is, make sure that you try it on and it fits properly if you are going to hike any distance with it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum