Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Force Fins.....With Wader Boots or Booties?

Force Fins.....With Wader Boots or Booties?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Force Fins.....With Wader Boots or Booties? on Sat May 09, 2015 8:29 pm

atavuss

Bobber
Bobber
I have a used set of Force Fins that I bought a few years ago to use with my Super Fat Cat (bought it a few years ago but it is still new in the box) but I was wondering should I use the Force Fins with my wader boots (the boots are size 13 so they are huge and heavy) or get a set of wader booties?  
I have been on the water exactly once with someone else's Fish Cat 4 and I don't even know what kind of fins were provided but I did use booties. I easily did 6 hours in the Fish Cat 4 with the booties with no cramps or discomfort.

Last edited by atavuss on Sat May 09, 2015 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jerdon

If the boots fit in the fins use them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

fisheromen

Junior
Junior
I wear size 13 shoe as well. You will need size XXL in order to get force fins over dive or flat booties. That is how I fly. Cannot imagine kicking with heavy wading boots.

I wore my adjustable FF with a lighter style redhead wader boot and had no issues . But those are made for boots ..just don't like the FF . Sold both pairs I had

LoadedDiablo

Newby
Newby
Misfitdog wrote:I wore my adjustable FF with a lighter style redhead wader boot and had no issues . But those are made for boots ..just don't like the FF . Sold both pairs I had

Hey Misfit, what fins do you prefer over the ForceFins? I bought a pair new & to be honest I'm not that blown away with them....especially for what I paid for them.

Jerdon

LoadedDiablo wrote:
Misfitdog wrote:I wore my adjustable FF with a lighter style redhead wader boot and had no issues . But those are made for boots ..just don't like the FF . Sold both pairs I had

Hey Misfit, what fins do you prefer over the ForceFins?  I bought a pair new & to be honest I'm not that blown away with them....especially for what I paid for them.

LoadedDiablo,

I LOST one of my Force Fins last summer and in a bizarre trade-a-thon I ended up with a brand new pair of Omega Fins. Here is a link to a report I did.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have since bought another pair of Force Fins and I switch back and forth. I really can't say I prefer the Omega's. It does seem like they are faster in an all out sprint, but I never timed it. Somewhere on this forum someone used their GPS and said dive fins are faster. That said, how often are you in an all out sprint? I don't travel any further on a 6 hour session with either set of fins.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

chipmcd

Bobber
Bobber
If you have the adjustable Float Tube Force Fin, then either boot or bootie is fine. If you wanna save a buck and they fit, then use what you have. Personally, I use flats booties and I would recommend getting a set of booties for float fishing (also could use them stalking bonefish on Christmas Island.  Thumbs Up ) Like you mentioned, your boots weigh a lot. Also, with booties, it's quicker ingress/egress.  Save the boots for wading.

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
I use water shoes over my stocking foot waders with force fins.

Aquaholic38

Senior
Senior
I use neoprene scuba diving boories. works awesome!

http://www.freewebs.com/eduardobibriesca

10 Re: Force Fins.....With Wader Boots or Booties? on Sun May 17, 2015 10:52 am

ole giller

Newby
Newby
I have a pair of Force fins in storage somewhere for back up in case needed. I have switched to Mares Quantro dive fins. So, So much easier on and off and I think much handier in the water.. I wear a pair of cheap Ocean Quest low booties over my wader stocking feet. This combo is comfortable and easy on the legs.    As a side note- these open heel dive fins are intimidating at first glance with the long size, but are a joy to use. I'm 73 and no problem at all.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum