Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Custom mount for a lowrance elite 4 hdi

Custom mount for a lowrance elite 4 hdi

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Custom mount for a lowrance elite 4 hdi on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:40 am

Pedro0131

Bobber
Bobber
I have a question I'm planning to get the lowrance elite 4 hdi fish finder for my super fat cat float tube but idk how to put it on there any of you guys got ideas or links how to make a custom mouting for it cause there isn't that much room to put it I appericate if u guys can help out thanks.

That FF has a round mounting bracket right? If so just put into the cup holder and mount your transducer to your rock rack

Tony G Fishing

Hey Pedro, check it out, here is my setup...i have my FF on a pvc cap...works great for me....just so you can get an idea or so u know...if you have any questions or want a closer shot, holla! lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Pedro0131

Bobber
Bobber
Alright thank I kind of have an idea now but we're do put the battery 12v to power it up?

bruinhook

Newby
Newby
chronarch, I would love a closer shot. Did you just drill through the cap? Also, how do you have the transducer mounted?

thanks.

Dex

Bobber
Bobber
I just picked up the Lowrance Elite 4x chirp, and I ended up mounting it to my modified apron. (tote lid).
I've taken it out once so far with no issues. I just need to figure out how to use it and what settings to have it on. Smile

Jerdon

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I just picked up the Lowrance Elite 4x chirp, and I ended up mounting it to my modified apron. (tote lid).
I've taken it out once so far with no issues.  I just need to figure out how to use it and what settings to have it on. Smile

Dex,
How about a pic of that? And where is the transducer?

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Tony G Fishing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Alright thank I kind of have an idea now but we're do put the battery 12v to power it up?

I have a pic of where I put mine ill post it up...

Tony G Fishing

10 Re: Custom mount for a lowrance elite 4 hdi on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:36 pm

Tony G Fishing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:chronarch, I would love a closer shot. Did you just drill through the cap? Also, how do you have the transducer mounted?

thanks.

Exactly just drilled through the cap....as for the transducer I put it on that pvc 1/2 inch about foot long piece and all I do is just bring it down when I hit the water...the pieces holding it are those broom holders thst go on the wall 2 for like a buck or two at wallmart or home depot.....ill post a pic of what they look like..

11 Re: Custom mount for a lowrance elite 4 hdi on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Tony G Fishing

Bruins here it is...simple but works champ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

12 Re: Custom mount for a lowrance elite 4 hdi on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:48 pm

Tony G Fishing

Hope this helps pedro and Bruin...im headed out tomorrow ill take another pic of it setup

13 Re: Custom mount for a lowrance elite 4 hdi on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Dex

Bobber
Bobber
Here's my DIY fish finder mounting setup.    I just screwed the mount into my apron. I added small blocks of wood under the lid to give the screws something to screw into.

For my transducer I went to Dicks sporting goods and bought a 3/4" nylon strap used for rolling up sleeping bags and I strapped the ducer around one of the tubes.  I have it facing outward now for looks, once in the water, I will rotate the strap so the ducer is facing downward.

For my battery, I bought a plastic water proof ammo box from Dicks and put the battery in it and ran the wires from behind the seat to the transducer. I think I will end up placing a 5gal bucket behind the seat to place the ammo can into it to help keep it dry.

14 Re: Custom mount for a lowrance elite 4 hdi on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:29 pm

bruinhook

Newby
Newby
Thanks guys!

15 Re: Custom mount for a lowrance elite 4 hdi on Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:36 am

ed5000x

Senior
Senior
Looking good

Sponsored content