The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» My Anderson with motor and high waves!
by Jerdon Today at 8:40 pm

» Consumer Reports Ranks Top Sunscreens for 2017
by jeffcpr Today at 4:30 pm

» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Today at 3:24 pm

» The Gigbob
by jeffcpr Today at 11:13 am

» Perris water temp?
by rucker Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» Marina Del Rey and more...
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:44 pm

» Float Tube Rod Holder: CastMate Systems vs. DIY
by Jerdon Sat May 20, 2017 9:38 pm

» Line Cutterz ring giveaway
by jeffcpr Sat May 20, 2017 5:37 pm

» July Tournament Rule Adjustments
by Stxngray Sat May 20, 2017 4:57 pm

» greetings from Dakota
by jeffcpr Fri May 19, 2017 5:41 pm

» Rocket Bobbers
by Komori Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 pm

» Float Tube Tournament Series January Winners
by david886720 Wed May 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » New to Toons and trying to decide

New to Toons and trying to decide

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New to Toons and trying to decide on Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:37 pm

Jermiller

Newby
Newby
Hey all,

To start off I Live in Idaho where there is some still water not as much as where I am originally from. I do a lot of bass, panfish and trout fishing. I grew up on the water in boats and some kayaks. That can give you an idea of what I will be using it for.
I have tested some kayaks but the cost for what I need is more then I am wanting to spend. I want to stay under $1k for my setup. My biggest issue is finding something that holds me and my gear safely. I weigh 300lbs and I was looking at some pontoons that have a 375 and 400 lb weight capacity. I figure by the time I add a trolling motor and my gear I will be close to that limit. What are your guys' experience with those limit and what kind of pontoon would you recommend under 1k with a trolling motor.
The other option is a kayak but the cost will be double. So I am not 100% sure on that option.

Thanks for the input,

Jeremy

2 Re: New to Toons and trying to decide on Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:11 pm

Vagabond

Old Timer
Old Timer
Just a thought but is cheaper than a kayak but about the same size and will hold you and all your gear is a canoe. Pontoon boats for a good one get pretty pricey in that size range especially if you want to add a trolling motor to it.

3 Re: New to Toons and trying to decide on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:47 am

chipmcd

Bobber
Bobber
Before I got a pontoon, I seriously considered a Sea Eagle 285 FPB. I opted for the pontoon I got because in the end, I wanted to use my fins in association with oars.  And with the pontoon, the trolling motor can still be an option.

But meeting your desired requirements and at just under $1k w/trolling motor or $900 w/o, the Sea Eagle may fit your bill.
 https://www.seaeagle.com/FramelessFishingBoats/285FPBC

4 Re: New to Toons and trying to decide on Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:28 pm

Pavo21

Junior
Junior
colorado xt man i have one its amazing i weigh about 250 and i doens't even budge. it has a weight limit of like 550 or 600 lb and it comes with one rod holder and two bags and a mount for a trolling motor and place for it on the back for the battery and even has a wheel for moving it around, i love it. its like 600 or so dollars but walmart and classic accessories has it. we also give discounts if u look in the discounts area. and classic accessories is an amazing company to us tubers and tooners.

http://Www.cherrybombhookah.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum