» Thank you Ornery Bob
by Jerdon Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:23 pm

» All Small's at the LAB!
by Hollywood1 Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:05 pm

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Island Grissom
by Ornery Bob Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:40 pm

» Leg and foot cramps..not fun
by jeffcpr Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:09 pm

» Wader Skins a new idea what do you think?
by rjb_Skins Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:42 pm

» Laughlin info and tips?
by jeffcpr Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:31 am

» Newbie from So Cal! Hello
by SP Dan Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:40 pm

» Where to go for float tube fishing - Queensway Bay
by Ornery Bob Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:24 am

» Catch of the Month July 2017
by kobra Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 pm

» Ohio not well repped I see?
by Ornery Bob Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:16 am

» Wetgear Ripfins
by Misfitdog Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:54 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Sponsors / Partners and Introductions » Introduction to other members » New Member From the Bay Area, CA

New Member From the Bay Area, CA

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:53 am

Dex

Bobber
Bobber
Hello guys. I'm in the process of getting into float fishing for the first time and I'd like some of your opinions.

I can't decide on what tube to buy. I have it narrowed down between 2 tubes, the Fish Cat 4 and the Cumberland.
If anyone has expireance with these tubes I'd like to hear your pros and cons of each. I'd like to decide on a tube soon so I know what tube to ask "Santa" for.

Thanks in advance for all your input, and I cant wait to get out on the waters.

Dex

2 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:30 am

dosomedirt

Bobber
Bobber
Welcome to the forum you've found the right place for info and opinions on what works for almost all bodies of water. I personally have the Cumberland tube and to be honest I have no complaints about it at all. I can fish for about 8 hrs with no discomfort except for the occasional restroom break still haven't figured out that situation.

3 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Welcome Dex ,

If you do a search on the forums you will see many reviews on both those tubes and even comparisons . You will find that there is a Mini Army here of Cumberland owners as they offer a lot of room and fit the larger guys very well .

Wes

4 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:34 am

fishinelectrician

Bobber
Bobber
yaaaaaaaaay areeeeeeaaaaaa!

Welcome to the board bro. Im new here myself but these guys make u feel like youve been here for decades. Hope u find the help u seek and gain knowledge u didnt have before on this great sport we all share a passion for.

what part of the Bay u from? and more importantly u arent a giants fan are u??? Lol just kiddin bro. Take it easy and welcome once more

5 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 am

jeffcpr

Admin
Welcome Dex I sport the Cumberland and no complains here at all, well one complaint I don't fish as much as I should but thats my issue, welcome

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

6 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:57 am

Fishingdachronarch201E7

Hey Dex! Welcome sir!!! lots of cool peeps and knowledge here, youll find your answers, enjoy your stay!!!!

and i rock the Fish Cat 4 Deluxe u can see it in my avatar....wouldnt change it for anything....oh and its my favorite color so couldnt go wrong with my buy!

Wes little by little the Outcast army will grow!! Twisted Evil

Tony G

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:58 am

Casting Call

Bobber
Bobber
Welcome Dex, I grew up in the East Bay, Union City. And worked at the Fishing Dept at Tri-City Sporting Goods before they closed.

My stomping grounds was San Pablo Reservior and Del Valle (where I caught my pb trout). I cant help you much with a float tube, as I dont have one. Just get a toon! lol

8 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:58 am

Jerdon

Dex, two great choices!

I think the FC 4 is better built and better looking than the Cumberland as I really like the PVC on the ends. The Cumberland is a little bigger in size and storage area than the FC 4. I weigh 200 pounds even and the Cumberland floats me great, but if you weigh 175 or less the FC 4 will float you as well.  End the end I chose the the Cumberland because I got such a great deal from Cover Bonanza, it was  $185 then.

If I weighed 170 pounds, and price was not an issue, I would buy a FC 4 and scale down the amount of crap I bring. If price was not an issue I would buy the Fat Cat truthfully.

I will add that the customer service from Classic Accessories is second to no one.
Check this out
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

9 welcome Dex on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:29 pm

billadk

Newby
Newby
Welcome Dex to the forum. I notced you are in fermont we are starting a norcal chapter up here to do some fishing together. Do you want to bass fish with your tube when you get it? I am going to be the contact up here so if you would like pm and I can give some more info

10 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:47 pm

billadk

Newby
Newby
Dex you can also check out the ftff chapter decussions for the norcal chapter info the post is calling all nocal float tubers

11 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:50 pm

Dex

Bobber
Bobber
Thanks so much for the warm welcomes everyone. I'm looking forward to getting my tube real soon.
"Santa", AKA the wife, has been given all the details on what to purchase for christmas. Im going with the Cumberland.
Seems like it's a big hit with many members on here.

Billadk, Yes I am interested.... Ill send you a pm for more info.

12 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:11 pm

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Fishermen of the Year 2014
Welcome to the forum Dex, well as for myself I own a OUTCAST SUPER FAT CAT Cadillac of float tubes. In my opinion comfort is priority with its weight capacity. When I fish freshwater, I'm in my float tube up to 10 hours. There are many float tube companies out there, I suggest to look for these features ....

weight load capacity..
comfort..
storage bags..
cup holders..
thickness of float tube..

What ever float tube you decide to go with I wish you luck.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvXbCKuQvDqfXdaWYIyZgJQ

13 Re: New Member From the Bay Area, CA on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Pavo21

Junior
Junior
welcome man, and i've used a cumberland and i have a odc420 i like it a lot holds me well and lots of space. but i come from a pontoon before floatube. so...in the long run i say go pontoon loloolol i own both both for different types of fishing. but i want a fish cat 4 deluxe son soooo bad but pricey

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum