The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Log in

I forgot my password



Latest topics

» Leg and foot cramps..not fun
by Ornery Bob Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:12 pm

» 7 Bass is coming
by woodpig Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:44 am

» Lobster Season!
by Ornery Bob Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:01 pm

» Cumberland vs. ODC 420 UL
by Jerdon Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:38 pm

» 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive
by jeffcpr Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:50 pm

» Midwest Fly Guys?
by woodpig Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:35 am

» Net Technique?
by Ornery Bob Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:54 am

» Newbie in Los Banos, CA
by Ornery Bob Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:13 am

» Float Tube Tournament
by jeffcpr Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:32 pm

» Hello From Michigan
by jeffcpr Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:20 pm

» Okuma "Celilo" ultralight rods?
by Ornery Bob Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:31 pm

» Have you ever gone swimming?
by branders Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:19 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner


You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » my tube :(

my tube :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:04 pm

NeKro

avatar
Bobber
Bobber
Well have the day off today so I figured I would take my tube out of the box its been in since pretty much the beginning of 2010. Well There was a rip on the side, not the bladder but the tube its self. So I went ahead and stitched it up with some dental floss. With doing that it is not impossible to inflate the left side passed I say may 70% full. The other side feels like I can get it to maybe 85%. Kinda feels like the tube shrunk or something. It looks beat to hell haha I didn't remember it looking that bad.

I went to home depot to make a rod holder so I can maybe hit NPH new week before I leave to Georgia for work on the 2nd. I kinda feel like I need to buy another tube because I just don't feel like it would be to safe since I can inflate it very much now. Even in the pool it felt like the tube want to swallow me up and sat low.

Really hoped I didn't have to buy a new one, but I have everything already, fins, waders, and what not..... Maybe I can still make the rod holders but without have a tube to know exact lengths kinda sucks. I don't know if I want to buy another togiak cuz inflating it is kinda of a *&@#*..... I guess I need to start looking for my next one... I need a beer.Sad

2 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:23 pm

Fishingdachronarch201E7

avatar
Moderator
Yeah a new one would probably be best, as you dont need any mishaps out in the water...good luck on what you decide, i know alot of people here ride the cumberland, i have an outcast and very happy with it....

and i usually go on wednesdays to newport....

Tony G


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:41 pm

Pacifico

avatar
Bobber
Bobber
Daaaamn after reading that tube drama I need a beer!
Good luck with the repair but honestly it's best you make the purchase, it's best to avoid trouble out on the water especially if there's tide or moving water involved...just my tube cents cyclops

4 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:49 pm

.:LOLLY:.

avatar
Senior
Senior
The Cumberland is a good solid tube that I would recommend to anyone. It has a weight rating of 350# so you can even take the kitchen sink. FTFF members have a sweet deal going on with coverbonanza. Shoot me a PM for more info on that.

Check out my ad in the classifieds for ideas on racks. I can either sell you one or help you out with pointers if you want to make your own.

5 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:55 pm

Pavo21

avatar
Junior
Junior
damn that sucks man, yah now its time to blow the money on a new one for sure. i am in the same predicament with my toon right now.

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

6 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Jerdon

avatar
Moderator
Sorry to hear that NeKro.
That is how I found this place, my old tube died and I was researching for a replacement.
There is a ton of information here on tubes if you want to look.
Good Luck and have fun.


_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

7 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:58 pm

jeffcpr

avatar
Admin
Hey NeKro I agree with must everyone on this thread, it is time for a new tube, .:LOLLY:. is right Coverbonanza has a deal for us %15, any tube. The Cumberland is one of the better tubes out there and I think you can get it for $160 and there are quick a few other on there. The Big Horn is a good as well, its a work horse, but if I were going to get any thing it would be a Cumberland, there is my 2 cents. Good luck bro any other questions just ask.


_________________
Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

8 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:43 pm

NeKro

avatar
Bobber
Bobber
I tried to fix it the best I could, but as you can see the back

9 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:44 pm

NeKro

avatar
Bobber
Bobber
Just saw I can't post external links of the picture i took.

10 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:54 pm

NeKro

avatar
Bobber
Bobber
I fixed it in away i can inflate it more. The zippers kinda seem shot tho that hold th bladder. Im going to attempt to take it out tubing and see what happens. If it still seems shady than I will go ahead and make a purchase to a new tube, outcast or cumberland (but a lot of people have that tube). I honeslty think the togiak can hold up until I buy a new one,but being I haven't used it in 4 years its anyones guess.

11 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Jerdon

avatar
Moderator
NeKro wrote:Just saw I can't post external links of the picture i took.

NeKro,
Try these two links on the forum for help posting pics. Lolly took the time to teach us this stuff


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope that helps.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

12 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:52 pm

jeffcpr

avatar
Admin
NeKro wrote:I fixed it in away i can inflate it more. The zippers kinda seem shot tho that hold th bladder. Im going to attempt to take it out tubing and see what happens. If it still seems shady than I will go ahead and make a purchase to a new tube, outcast or cumberland (but a lot of people have that tube). I honeslty think the togiak can hold up until I buy a new one,but being I haven't used it in 4 years its anyones guess.

You make the call just please be safe, try it at a local lake before Newport, things can get hairy quick if your not careful.


_________________
Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

13 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:57 pm

NeKro

avatar
Bobber
Bobber
Jerdon wrote:
NeKro wrote:Just saw I can't post external links of the picture i took.

NeKro,
Try these two links on the forum for help posting pics. Lolly took the time to teach us this stuff


[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I hope that helps.

I use photo bucket but it said that I have to be past 7 days to post pictures. So i have to wait.

14 Re: my tube :( on Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:59 pm

NeKro

avatar
Bobber
Bobber
jeffcpr wrote:
NeKro wrote:I fixed it in away i can inflate it more. The zippers kinda seem shot tho that hold th bladder. Im going to attempt to take it out tubing and see what happens. If it still seems shady than I will go ahead and make a purchase to a new tube, outcast or cumberland (but a lot of people have that tube). I honeslty think the togiak can hold up until I buy a new one,but being I haven't used it in 4 years its anyones guess.

You make the call just please be safe, try it at a local lake before Newport, things can get hairy quick if your not careful.

Thank you for your concern. I should be ok. Ill test out the tube again, and make sure to wear my life preserver. With Christmas around the corner I rather wait and make the purchase on a sale if my tube can hold up.

15 Re: my tube :( on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:05 am

Pacifico

avatar
Bobber
Bobber
If you're gonna take a chance on the troubled tube you should use the buddy system...Take a fellow tuber on the trial run

16 Re: my tube :( on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:03 am

hombre_jaguar


Newby
Newby
Hey you should check directly with the manufacturer. I got a free replacement bladder for my og fish cat 4 when it had a leak a couple years ago. Maybe they can do something for you. Good luck!

17 Re: my tube :( on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:42 pm

fatboy531

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
.:LOLLY:. wrote:The Cumberland is a good solid tube that I would recommend to anyone. It has a weight rating of 350# so you can even take the kitchen sink. FTFF members have a sweet deal going on with coverbonanza. Shoot me a PM for more info on that.

Check out my ad in the classifieds for ideas on racks. I can either sell you one or help you out with pointers if you want to make your own.



Damn SALESMEN!!!! Lmfao

18 Re: my tube :( on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:42 pm

fatboy531

avatar
Old Timer
Old Timer
Pacifico wrote:Daaaamn after reading that tube drama I need a beer!
Good luck with the repair but honestly it's best you make the purchase, it's best to avoid trouble out on the water especially if there's tide or moving water involved...just my tube cents cyclops

The first line had me rolling. I feel your pain. Lol

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum