Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Non-Fishing Related Discussions » Off Topic Discussions » LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING

LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:25 pm

dosomedirt

Bobber
Bobber
So I think it's time to get our chapter out on the water for a session even though we haven't reached the ten members yet. I was thinking September 21st 6am launch at the LAB. If this sounds good to all members on the list we will pick a launch spot have a quick meet and greet and slay some bass. All members of the forum are welcome to join in the outing if you can make this date post to this thread so I know who's in.

2 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:27 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

Fishermen of the Year 2014
sounds good bro, this will be my first time float tubing saltwater any key points I need to know about?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvXbCKuQvDqfXdaWYIyZgJQ

3 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:16 am

david886720

Junior
Junior
I will try to make it for sure. Fishing All Day Baby, saltwater really isn't much different from fresh I think. Some 1/4-3/8 oz jigheads and dropshot for 3" plastic grubs and swimbaits is a pretty good start.

4 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:17 pm

dosomedirt

Bobber
Bobber
I know not everyone fishes salt but it's free and open 24/7 that's what keeps me coming back for more maybe our second outing will be fresh. I'm sure we can hook u up with some salty tackle or if you wanna pick some up I suggest 3" big hammers with a 1/4 Oz lead head, some jig heads with skirts and a creature bait pretty much any plastics even crank baits. But I'm sure you'll get some great advice from our members

5 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:12 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
This is a great way to get the ball rolling go for it have fun boys.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

6 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:35 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

david886720 wrote:I will try to make it for sure.  Fishing All Day Baby, saltwater really isn't much different from fresh I think.  Some 1/4-3/8 oz jigheads and dropshot for 3" plastic grubs and swimbaits is a pretty good start.

cool beans:D , I think I'm ready then, I have been buying some saltwater jigs for some time, now I gotta put them to work. Thanks david886720 oh one more question, Do I need a gaff? scratch

7 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:45 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

dosomedirt wrote:I know not everyone fishes salt but it's free and open 24/7 that's what keeps me coming back for more maybe our second outing will be fresh. I'm sure we can hook u up with some salty tackle or if you wanna pick some up I suggest 3" big hammers with a 1/4 Oz lead head, some jig heads with skirts and a creature bait  pretty much any plastics even crank baits. But I'm sure you'll get some great advice from our members

Thanks for that info dosomedirt, Im looking forward to this. Hey would it be cool to invite other people to this get together?

8 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:53 am

david886720

Junior
Junior
FISHING ALL DAY BABY wrote:
david886720 wrote:I will try to make it for sure.  Fishing All Day Baby, saltwater really isn't much different from fresh I think.  Some 1/4-3/8 oz jigheads and dropshot for 3" plastic grubs and swimbaits is a pretty good start.

cool beans:D , I think I'm ready then, I have been buying some saltwater jigs for some time, now I gotta put them to work. Thanks david886720 oh one more question, Do I need a gaff? scratch

Gaff's not really necessary unless you want to keep 'em. A net or even lipping them will do. A fish gripper comes in handy if they're hard to do by hand.

9 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:19 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

david886720 wrote:
FISHING ALL DAY BABY wrote:

Gaff's not really necessary unless you want to keep 'em.  A net or even lipping them will do.  A fish gripper comes in handy if they're hard to do by hand.

Keeping them, no I'm more of a CPR angler except when it comes to trout Very Happy they are pretty tasty. I will go out and buy A fish gripper. Thanks once again bro.

10 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:25 pm

dosomedirt

Bobber
Bobber
Yeah bring whoever you want it's an open invitation

11 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:28 pm

Pacifico

Bobber
Bobber
If this is an open invite then don't mind if an OC Fish Slayers shows as I would like a friendly maiden voyage lesson. I have to admit I have never done ocean in a tube. I bought some salt gear and want to try but do not know any salt tubers til now.

12 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:50 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

So its a for sure thing right dosomedirt? do you or some one here have an address to that spot we are going to meet at? That way I can start mapping it out and how many float tubers are going?

13 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:04 am

dosomedirt

Bobber
Bobber
For me it's for sure I was waiting for other members to figure out where to launch from I'll pm everyone on the list to find out

14 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:23 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

dosomedirt wrote:For me it's for sure I was waiting for other members to figure out where to launch from I'll pm everyone on the list to find out

that sounds cool bro thanks.

15 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:12 pm

Pacifico

Bobber
Bobber
Count me in LA Crew for some LAB work Sept 21st 6:00am launch
Thanks guys for the tackle 411
Send location details when available
Looking forward to meeting up with LA crew dosomedirt
Thanks Thumbs Up

16 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:21 pm

Chomps

Old Timer
Old Timer
Crap I can't do the 21st good luck though fellas I'll make sure to make it out to the next one

17 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:08 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

I know I am a noob Embarassed in saltwater talk but where is this LAB at scratch ? I want to make sure I go to the right place

18 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:14 pm

dosomedirt

Bobber
Bobber
LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING launch spot 5489 E Ocean Blvd Long Beach Ca 90803 right next to United States Sailing Center 6am launch

19 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:07 pm

Pacifico

Bobber
Bobber
Alright then it's on LA Crew session at the LAB
I plan on launching with you anglers next Sunday
Looking forward to meeting up
Hope to fish with you again FADB

20 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:39 pm

david886720

Junior
Junior
FISHING ALL DAY BABY wrote:I know I am a noob  Embarassed  in saltwater talk but where is this LAB at scratch ? I want to make sure I go to the right place

just Los Alamitos Bay FADB

21 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:37 pm

Desperado64

Newby
Newby
I just fished LAB for the first time yesterday morning and this morning. If you don't mind a newby coming along, I'd love to join the outing and get the opportunity to pick up a few tips.

22 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:20 pm

dosomedirt

Bobber
Bobber
It's an open invite

23 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:31 pm

augie

Bobber
Bobber
Count me in .

24 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:10 am

CHRIS THE FISH SLAYER

david886720 wrote:
FISHING ALL DAY BABY wrote:I know I am a noob  Embarassed  in saltwater talk but where is this LAB at scratch ? I want to make sure I go to the right place

just Los Alamitos Bay FADB

good looking out Desperado64

25 Re: LA COUNTY SOUTH OUTING on Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:59 pm

dosomedirt

Bobber
Bobber
So it seems like we'll have quite a few guys making it out on Sunday morning should be a good time for sure.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum