The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Our 7th Annual FTFF Toy Drive is now in effect
by GT Today at 10:52 am

by jeffcpr Today at 10:43 am

» Holiday Gift Ideas
by SP Dan Today at 6:58 am

» What do you think Saltwater VS Freshwater should we?
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:42 pm

» Early present
by Hunt Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:41 am

» Santa Ana River Lakes
by GT Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:55 am

» Edge Open Heel Flex Scuba Fin
by jeffcpr Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:34 am

» Wader and Boot Dryer
by SP Dan Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:45 pm

» Frogg Toggs Hellbender Stockingfoot Breathable Guide Pant
by jeffcpr Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:15 pm

» Hello from Vhanaya
by Hunt Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:12 am

» Waterproof Reels - Penn Spinfisher and KastKing Sharky II
by singletrack Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:02 pm

» Fish finder recommendations
by Jerdon Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:29 am

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Non-Fishing Related Discussions » Off Topic Discussions » San Diego Chapter

San Diego Chapter

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 San Diego Chapter on Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:58 pm

rusty hook

Bobber
Bobber
I would like to know if there is an interest in a local San Diego Chapter of the FTFF. If so, please put your name down on this site.If there is enough people interested perhaps we could meet at Tideland Park in Coronado some morning and have a quick meeting and then hit the water for some fishing. I feel this could be a good opertunity to meet each other and exchange ideas. Please feel free to insert your own ideas.

1. Rusty Hook
2. Gatorfan
3. anrk4u2oioioi
4. kobra

Last edited by rusty hook on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:35 pm; edited 3 times in total

2 Re: San Diego Chapter on Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:04 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Thats it buddy now we just have to sit back and wait the hook is baited and we are ready LOL good luck.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

3 Re: San Diego Chapter on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:57 am

rusty hook

Bobber
Bobber
I am a little disappointed that there has not been more of an interest in a San Diego Chapter. All we are talking about is a group to meet and fish together a few times a year. Perhaps I should have Hooters host a BBQ at Tideland Park for our first meeting. Provide beer, Honky Tonk music dancing and let the girls join you in a float tube ride around the bay. Have our vendors provide free polls and reels and other tackle, then would you think about joining? What will it take to get you San Diego people out on the water as a group event?

4 Re: San Diego Chapter on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:25 am

Jerdon

Hooters girls in my float tube?
I'm down, whats a house cost in San Diego?

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

5 Re: San Diego Chapter on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:26 pm

dosomedirt

Bobber
Bobber
I'm having the same situation with the LA County South Chapter like Jeff said the forum is kind of stagnant right now but it will pick up soon

6 Re: San Diego Chapter on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:42 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Give it time guys it will will happen just have faith "if you post it they will come."

7 Re: San Diego Chapter on Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Bobber
Bobber
Does canyon lake count as Sam Diego wink wink lol

8 Re: San Diego Chapter on Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:43 pm

kobra

Junior
Junior
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Does canyon lake count as Sam Diego wink wink lol

Hell yeah!!!  Red Smile 

9 Re: San Diego Chapter on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:49 am

Gatorfan

Bobber
Bobber
I guess I'm a little late to the party on this "chapter" thing. I live in San Diego (Chula Vista) and come on the site from time to time to either post something up or to research an answer to something.

I'm not against fishing the bay in my tube, just never have. I have just always been more comfortable fishing the fresh and therefore I try to fish my home lake, Lower Otay, a couple times (or more) a month but don't usually know for sure if I 'm going until the night before (3 kids with 6 different activities will sometimes change a fella's schedule).

So, if you just need names to make a "chapter" of people that live in San Diego, you can add mine.

10 Re: San Diego Chapter on Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:54 am

rusty hook

Bobber
Bobber
Thank you very much Gatorfan, I hope others will sign on. This chapter is not just for ocean but all waters. I was thinking of hitting lower otay this Wendsday morning. I hit it one other time without any luck so I thought I would go again. If you are up to it let me know and I will meet you there. If anyone else wants to join us let us know.
Thanks everyone.

11 Re: San Diego Chapter on Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:58 am

Gatorfan

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Thank you very much Gatorfan, I hope others will sign on. This chapter is not just for ocean but all waters. I was thinking of hitting lower otay this Wendsday morning. I hit it one other time without any luck so I thought I would go again. If you are up to it let me know and I will meet you there. If anyone else wants to join us let us know.
Thanks everyone.

Weekdays are usually a no-go for me. I can give you some pointers though, if you want. PM me if so.

12 Re: San Diego Chapter on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:22 pm

anrk4u2oioioi

Newby
Newby
I live in orange county, but prefer to fish SD county lakes... Wholford, Dixon, Sutherland, Poway, Hopefully San Vincente again someday. What forum should I join?

13 Re: San Diego Chapter on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:23 pm

anrk4u2oioioi

Newby
Newby
Or chapter that is. What chapter should I join?

14 Re: San Diego Chapter on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:29 am

rusty hook

Bobber
Bobber
you can join both if you like. We just thought it would be fun to have a place were we can meet and fish together and exchange ideas and methods. I don't know if we will get enough people signed up or not to make a chapter.

15 Re: San Diego Chapter on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:38 am

rusty hook

Bobber
Bobber
By the way anrk4u2oioioi and all others who enjoy fishing lakes. I went to Vail Lake which is half way up from San Diego and half way down from LA area I think. It cost $20 as it is a private lake, catch and release. No waders needed and the fishing was outstanding. Lots of bass, the bit was on until about 10:30 then it was over for me. Very few people there during the week, not sure about the weekends. It would be fun for a bunch of us to meet up there some day. I talked with one guy who said he got 44 bass that morning which for him was the norm. The guy that runs the place said the most anyone got in a given day was 275 bass on live bait. Like I said the fishing was unreal and worth the drive and the $20, if you fish from the shore line its only $10.

16 Re: San Diego Chapter on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:11 am

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:By the way anrk4u2oioioi and all others who enjoy fishing lakes. I went to Vail Lake which is half way up from San Diego and half way down from LA area I think. It cost $20 as it is a private lake, catch and release. No waders needed and the fishing was outstanding. Lots of bass, the bit was on until about 10:30 then it was over for me. Very few people there during the week, not sure about the weekends. It would be fun for a bunch of us to meet up there some day. I talked with one guy who said he got 44 bass that morning which for him was the norm. The guy that runs the place said the most anyone got in a given day was 275 bass on live bait. Like I said the fishing was unreal and worth the drive and the $20, if you fish from the shore line its only $10.

rusty hook thanks for the info. that might have to be the next destination. I have always wanted to try that place, so you can tube it and it is only $20? I think we will need to plan this one out thanks.

17 Re: San Diego Chapter on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 am

rusty hook

Bobber
Bobber
I am ready just about any time. Have to hit the water early, they open at 6 am and close at 8pm. Perhaps we can get others to join us and have a FTFF event?

18 Re: San Diego Chapter on Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:31 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I am ready just about any time. Have to hit the water early, they open at 6 am and close at 8pm. Perhaps we can get others to join us and have a FTFF event?

That would be the goal sir I we will work on that as soon as we can.

19 Re: San Diego Chapter on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:01 pm

kobra

Junior
Junior
Alright rusty, add me to the San Diego chapter. You talked me into it with the Hooter girls.

20 Re: San Diego Chapter on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:42 pm

rusty hook

Bobber
Bobber
Ok, this is starting to look like a real good thing. Start giving some thoughts on where we might have our first fishing event. I would like to not only have this event for our chapter but open to the folks up north who are listed on FTFF.

21 Re: San Diego Chapter on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:13 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Does canyon lake count as Sam Diego wink wink lol

Hey guys take MikeotunaKiller on that is if he wants to join your group. You are closer to SD now right Mike.

22 Re: San Diego Chapter on Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:42 am

rusty hook

Bobber
Bobber
Sure, we would love to have him if he wants to join our group.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum