I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Fish finder recommendations
by Hunt Yesterday at 3:36 pm

» Hello from Iowa!
by DCowboys88 Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:11 pm

» Report from Great Alma Fishing Float on the Mississippi River
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:58 pm

» Canyon Lake float tubing for general public?
by Pavo21 Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:53 pm

» Tournament Series details
by jeffcpr Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:47 pm

» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:29 am

» CastMate Systems V2.0 Rod Holder
by filippodg Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:03 pm

» Redondo Launch Spots?
by Ornery Bob Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:01 am

» Just wondering
by Ornery Bob Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:09 am

» Catfish Plants
by Master Baiter Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:15 am

» Hello from so cal
by Ornery Bob Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:29 pm

» Maxx belly boat details
by tridao84 Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:28 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » U.S. Post and Topics » Colorado fishing reports » SOCO Update

SOCO Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 SOCO Update on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:35 pm

Catman1979

Bobber
Bobber
Well it’s been a long time since I have posted anything about my fishing adventures! This year has been the most trying year financially since moving to Colorado, and my boat project took a hit due to it. Everything from a busted transmission, to moving the old lady in has kept me from workin’ on my Colorado XT. That is over! Aside from a pretty slick fish finder mount I am workin’ on and a drift sock, I am on the water. So far, my trips have been humorous, and when I get a chance I will fill you in on my (mis)adventures. This month happened to be the first month I have had to put some serious time in on the boat, and needless to say I am in love!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I am actually rather happy how everything turned out. The extra time I had sitting in my apartment and setting the boat up, allowed me to do it the right way. By the time I hit water, it felt like I had been using the boat for the last three years! Everything worked like a champ, as did my anchoring system. I did actually lose my secondary anchor on a trip, as I didn’t have it tied off (dumb). It was a four prong grappling anchor, and there wasn’t much love lost as it actually sucked at Pueblo (and was cheap). I had my “anchor bag” that the boat came with, and loaded it with rocks. Total shock! The damn thing works almost as good as my primary anchor!
I hit Pueblo Reservoir early in the mornin’ last week. Nuthin’ big to write home about, but managed to get a pretty small channel cat upon arriving. Most of the day was overcast, and as the sun came out I switched to a Rapala shad rap on my ultra light, pickin’ off five small mouth in a one hour run. I then tried to move through some sticks as the wind changed, and almost pooped on myself trying to get outta them, fearing a puncture.
And finally, some big boat action and one crazy fish story! My cat fishing partner and I are preparing for the Cabela’s King Kat tournament in Nebraska this month, and are trying out different rigs and patterns. By mornin’, we had boated only one ok’ish channel cat, and the bite had died down. As we were preparing for a nap at 2:30AM, my bite alarm starts to go bonkers. As I am getting up, the rod holder starts to get pulled from it’s clamp, going “THUNK-THUNK-THUNK-THUNK”. The rod started to pull out as it got horizontal, and as my fingers touched it, it was ripped outta the holder! We figured it was either a twenty five plus pound channel cat, or a twenty pound carp. I licked my wounds realizing that I had just lost a damn nice setup, and went to sleep. At 5:30AM, my other rod starts to do the shimmy shake, and as I am reeling in I find braid wrapped around my hook? I pull the braid in to find a six pound wiper, and my rod and reel that had been lost! Needless to say, I have the wiper in my freezer right now. Revenge is a dish best served with panko breading and crushed red pepper! Smile

2 Re: SOCO Update on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Aquaholic38

Senior
Senior
awesome staff dude!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/eduardobibriesca

3 Re: SOCO Update on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:33 am

Jerdon

Great luck on getting the rod back!!!
Of course the experiences is what keeps us coming back.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4 Re: SOCO Update on Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:33 am

jeffcpr

Admin
I like the shot of the fish release under the water nice camera work buddy.

Matthew 4:19
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum