The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» My Anderson with motor and high waves!
by Jerdon Today at 8:40 pm

» Consumer Reports Ranks Top Sunscreens for 2017
by jeffcpr Today at 4:30 pm

» Round 2 FTFF Tournament
by jeffcpr Today at 3:24 pm

» The Gigbob
by jeffcpr Today at 11:13 am

» Perris water temp?
by rucker Yesterday at 7:00 pm

» Marina Del Rey and more...
by Jerdon Yesterday at 6:44 pm

» Float Tube Rod Holder: CastMate Systems vs. DIY
by Jerdon Sat May 20, 2017 9:38 pm

» Line Cutterz ring giveaway
by jeffcpr Sat May 20, 2017 5:37 pm

» July Tournament Rule Adjustments
by Stxngray Sat May 20, 2017 4:57 pm

» greetings from Dakota
by jeffcpr Fri May 19, 2017 5:41 pm

» Rocket Bobbers
by Komori Thu May 18, 2017 8:12 pm

» Float Tube Tournament Series January Winners
by david886720 Wed May 17, 2017 11:09 pm

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Looks Like a New Tube is in Order !

Looks Like a New Tube is in Order !

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Looks Like a New Tube is in Order ! on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:12 pm

Well my ODC 420 , how can I put it ? Well its just Junk . have not had the tube for 1 yr and I have had 3 pockets come apart from the seams on the zipper and this is just getting out of hand . It is not from over inflating or over packing the pockets . I have a pocket that has come apart at the zipper and there is nothing in it  lol!  .. I guess I have a zipper obsession and Cannot control myself  Rolling Eyes  . Tired of sending it back for repair !

Anyhow I know how the tubes really stack up and there is tons of feedback on some great models . (Cumberland ,Super Fat Cat , Etc )

the only reason I did not Get a Super Fat cat to start with was the $450 price tag . not that I don't have the money, but just trying to justify spending that on a Tube lol when I can just hold out another $500 or so bones and Get myself a Kayak .. Hobie Revolution in the 1100-1300 Range. It just not as viable as I Love that my Tube I can keep partially inflated and on a table all nice and neat in the garage  Very Happy  , I have owned a boat and have really though about switching back , but it is not going to happen in CA with all the Fees associated with being a boat owner .

So back to my tube Issue , is the extra $250 bux for a Super fat cat really worth the $$ and how is the comfort level of this tube ?

Thanks for any insight ... WES

2 Re: Looks Like a New Tube is in Order ! on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:30 pm

Jerdon

I can't say a thing about the Super Fat Cat, no experience at all. I will say I am happy with the Cumberland in every way. Storage, handling, comfort are all greater than I expected. I weigh 200 pounds and haven't thought about changing the seat or anything really.
Hope this helps Wes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

3 Re: Looks Like a New Tube is in Order ! on Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:46 pm

jeffcpr

Admin
Hey I am with Jerdon the Cumberland is great in all area's, the FC4 I don't have any input. But remember the Cumberland through Cover Bonanza is about $160 including shipping last I heard.

Matthew 4:19
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

4 Re: Looks Like a New Tube is in Order ! on Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:47 am

Thanks Jeff I know from yourself coming for the same Tube , to the Cumberland was a huge step forward . I will more then likely end up with a Cumberland , but the comfort lvl of the Superfat cat appeals to me big time , plus being able to get a apron off my lap will be so worth it for more freedom.

5 Re: Looks Like a New Tube is in Order ! on Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:30 pm

fisheromen

Junior
Junior
That apron serves a bunch of purposes, for me. Everything from cradling a fish to holding the next worm, to a table for lunch. I like that the spreader bar keeps the sides from crowding my legs. I forgot it once and will not do that again.

6 Re: Looks Like a New Tube is in Order ! on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Jerdon

Wes,
I say get the Fat Cat, then we can go and compare!!

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

7 Re: Looks Like a New Tube is in Order ! on Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:40 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
Why not get the Cumberland and upgrade the foam seats to inflatable? You'll be right at the $250 mark the last time I did the calculations. I think the back rest and seat is about $50 each from outcast. I have the foam seat and it isn't bad at all. The only people I've heard that don't like the foam are people that already have back problems and that's only because they need the extra comfort/support.

8 Re: Looks Like a New Tube is in Order ! on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:49 am

Fishingdachronarch201E7

my fish cat has the inflatable seats, there awesome....very comfortable....but yeah the super fat cat is better more storage room...id say pull the trigger! just my 2 cents...

9 Re: Looks Like a New Tube is in Order ! on Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Thanks for the input guys ... no back problems here Lolly just a skinny Arse that gets tired sitting on the foam lol .. I read some more reviews on the ODC 420 and It seems to be a common problem blowing pocket zippers out very very quickly . Some people have replaced there tube 3x in a year because of this issue . No replacement here just send it back in and we will Sew it again .. or you can upgrade to the ODC 430 for a small additional cost .. HMMM so many choices

WES

10 Re: Looks Like a New Tube is in Order ! on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Junior
Junior
I just came back from testing my Cumberland today. Although the seat is also foam, it is a solid block which does feel a lot more comfortable than my ODC 420 even after I modded it.

I have a few issues with the cumberland though.
1) the bladder material feels thin compared to the ODC
2) the seams were poorly stitched
3) the material on the tube overall has a cheap feel to it
4) there isn't enough sub-pockets on the tube

Other than these issues the tube is great in terms of speed, comfort, and storage. If I could I would have bought this tube to begin with.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum