Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » Newbie Question--What Do You Wear Under Your Waders?

Newbie Question--What Do You Wear Under Your Waders?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Desperado64

Newby
Newby
Having never done this, I'm in the research/buying stage. I've ordered my float tube, waders, fins... and then it just hit me--what do I wear under the waders?

Do you wear shorts, long underwear, pants?

anrk4u2oioioi

Newby
Newby
I'm new to tubing as well. I have breathable waders and so far have just worn board shorts underneath. I'm thinking of switching it up to some of those athletic basketball shorts for more comfort. That said, I have not tubed in the winter yet in some cold ass high elevation, so that may be a different story. For now you should be good with board shorts though.

What you wear under them depends on type of waders, time of year and where your tubing with water temps

Desperado64

Newby
Newby
anrk4u2oioioi wrote:I'm new to tubing as well. I have breathable waders and so far have just worn board shorts underneath. I'm thinking of switching it up to some of those athletic basketball shorts for more comfort. That said, I have not tubed in the winter yet in some cold ass high elevation, so that may be a different story. For now you should be good with board shorts though.  

Thanks. Where are you tubing?

Desperado64

Newby
Newby
miller wrote:What you wear under them depends on type of waders, time of year and where your tubing with water temps

I have ordered the Cabelas Premium Dry Plus Breathable Stocking Foot waders.

Here are a few situations:

Summer/local harbors
Summer/local lakes
Summer/Mammoth Lakes
Fall/Mammoth Lakes

Thanks for the feedback

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
I have breathable waders. In the warmer months I wear tube socks and compression shorts. Colder months I wear dirt bike socks, compression shorts and thermo pants. The socks make it easier to slide your feet in and out.

chipmcd

Bobber
Bobber
I'm au naturale  affraid  J/K

I have 3mm neoprenes from when I used to tube in the late fall with my uncle in Truckee.  For the most part, I now use breathables for everything.  Also the difference is that then I was in a u-boat; now I'm in a pontoon.

Socks a must; and I like powder with the socks to absorb any extra moisture.
When it's warm, it's just like going to the beach - I just have shorts... and those socks.
If it gets cold, I use base layer on top and bottom to stay warm and thicker socks.
It better be damn cold before I put those neoprenes back on. Even when it's brass monkey cold, you can wring out your pants and socks after a full day of fishing when you're done.

Desperado64 wrote:
miller wrote:What you wear under them depends on type of waders, time of year and where your tubing with water temps

I have ordered the Cabelas Premium Dry Plus Breathable Stocking Foot waders.

Here are a few situations:

Summer/local harbors
Summer/local lakes
Summer/Mammoth Lakes
Fall/Mammoth Lakes

Thanks for the feedback

Summer local, I just wear my board shorts.
Up in mammoth in the summer you can wear board shorts as well
Winter local and fall mammoth , Simms wadeing pants and sometimes underarmo 2 or 3 cold gear leggings and 3 cold gear long sleeves.
No sweat = no chills = not cold.

JOER210

Bobber
Bobber
I use breathables with Socks and shorts

Desperado64

Newby
Newby
Thank you for the responses--your answers definitely make life easier!

anrk4u2oioioi

Newby
Newby
Desperado64 wrote:
anrk4u2oioioi wrote:I'm new to tubing as well. I have breathable waders and so far have just worn board shorts underneath. I'm thinking of switching it up to some of those athletic basketball shorts for more comfort. That said, I have not tubed in the winter yet in some cold ass high elevation, so that may be a different story. For now you should be good with board shorts though.  

Thanks.  Where are you tubing?

So far just Laguna Niguel Lake. Its a fun little lake to tube. Looking to get out to other places in the near future.

Hammer 4

Old Timer
Old Timer
All year ...Board shorts. no socks. That's with neoprene waders.

Gatorfan

Bobber
Bobber
Frogg Toggs breathable - summer = just my shorts and socks/winter= thicker wool socks and Under Armor Cold Gear pants

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum