Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Fishing Tactics, Tackle, and reviews » Fishing Tackle And Gear Related Discussions » Wader Belts

Wader Belts

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Wader Belts on Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:14 am

dosomedirt

Bobber
Bobber
So I was wondering if anybody actually uses a wader belt personal I started out not using one but after talking with my brother in law I changed my outlook on them. He told me a story about his friends brother who was fishing by himself and somehow ended up in the water well 2 days later with the help of a dive team they finally recovered his body. So use it or lose it?

2 Re: Wader Belts on Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:37 pm

Casting Call

Bobber
Bobber
I only use waist waders and still use the belt it comes with.

3 Re: Wader Belts on Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:05 pm

bassmeister

Newby
Newby
Yeah I always wear my belt, would hate to fight waders full of water. Those precious seconds can mean everything getting yourself out of the water.

4 Re: Wader Belts on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:07 am

fisheromen

Junior
Junior
I'm sure the belt is best, but remember, the water inside the waders is no heavier than the water outside the waders. In other words, your waders will not sink you like an anchor. In fact, trapped air will actually float you, provided you do not point your legs straight down. Panic is always your worst enemy in a water mishap. So, relax on your back and assess the situation. Formulate a plan to get to shore. Saving your gear should be last on your priority list.

5 Re: Wader Belts on Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:34 am

jeffcpr

Admin
Ya I am with fisheromen the gear is the least of our worries, but I am sure some will argue that point. The video was great thanks for posting that I truly would hate for any of us to be in this situation. But odd's are it will happen to someone. We should all be thinking safety and always be better prepared for what might come our way one day.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
http://floattubeforum.do-talk.com

6 Re: Wader Belts on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:35 am

.:LOLLY:.

Senior
Senior
I used to wear mine until I stepped on the buckle and broke it. I have not replaced it since. I do wear a life jacket though.

7 Re: Wader Belts on Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:15 pm

GT

Old Timer
Old Timer
I'm with Lolly..I wear a vest too.........I'm getting to old to swim against current or even with it, not a test I want to take.....GT

8 Re: Wader Belts on Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:07 am

dexter419

Newby
Newby

Then there is this...

9 Re: Wader Belts on Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:45 am

fisheromen

Junior
Junior
Yup!

10 Re: Wader Belts on Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:01 pm

vortec_cruiser

Newby
Newby
Unfortunately, I don't think a lot of fishermen using waders really think about what they would do if they slipped and got submerged. Just taking a minute to learn the correct response to this situation will literally save your life. Don't turn a day of pleasure into a tragedy.

11 Re: Wader Belts on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Jerdon

I have to say I never thought about it, but after watching this and other videos, the problem is apparent. A sudden fall into the water and and the AIR trapped  in the waders puts your feet over your head, or at least eye level, this would be very uncomfortable with out a little practice could cause you to drown. A great example of keeping us aware on this board, thanks to all who posted.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

12 Re: Wader Belts on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:22 pm

vortec_cruiser

Newby
Newby
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I have to say I never thought about it, but after watching this and other videos, the problem is apparent. A sudden fall into the water and and the AIR trapped  in the waders puts your feet over your head, or at least eye level, this would be very uncomfortable with out a little practice could cause you to drown. A great example of keeping us aware on this board, thanks to all who posted.

You want to have air trapped in the legs and have your knees and legs up high - this is what keeps you from drowning. In this position, you backstroke back to land. If you put your legs down, then your waders fill with water, and it's like having an anchor tied around your legs. If you're not a swimmer, then you have no business being out it the water.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum