Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM » Float Tubes, Pontoons and Related Equipment Discussions » Float Tube, Pontoon, and Equipment Related Discussions » float tube bladder repair

float tube bladder repair

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 float tube bladder repair on Tue Jun 10, 2014 5:43 pm

bassmeister

Newby
Newby
I have a waterskeeter personal pontoon type float tube. I have only used the tube three times in the fresh water. Wanted to bay fish with it this week but thankfully I took out the tube last week to pump it up and check out everything only to find that the upper u-shape bladder that holds the two side pontoons together had a leak at the inside weld seam. I check out reviews on internet and find that it is a very common problem with the bladders (specially the u-shaped top section) leaking at the weld seam. my question is, is there a place or company that will re-weld the seam? I thought about using my vacuum sealer but the shape of the area where the leak is won't fit into sealer and can't close the lid. I really don't think the vacuum sealer would get hot enough to weld the bladder but I would've tried had it fit. Hate to have to buy/trade for another tube but that is what it is looking to be my alternative.

Thanks Scott

2 Re: float tube bladder repair on Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:59 am

Pdawg

Bobber
Bobber
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3 Re: float tube bladder repair on Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:30 am

fisheromen

Junior
Junior
A generous layer or two of Aquaseal or E6000 will probably do the trick. Let it cure 12 hours.

4 tube repair on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:37 pm

bassmeister

Newby
Newby
Thank you gentlemen. I wasn't sure any adhesive's would work at the seams. I use to use the e-6000 to glue magnets on the surface of windows when I installed alarms for Brinks Home Security, it is some tough glue.

5 Re: float tube bladder repair on Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:27 am

Getarz

Newby
Newby
I had the exact same problem happen this morning only on a ODC420 bladder. Mine is also right on the seam. I was going to use Aquaseal, but am wondering what keeps it from popping right off after i inflate it ?? Does it have that much stretch to it that it will move with the bladder ??

Thanks

Jim

6 Re: float tube bladder repair on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:39 am

fisheromen

Junior
Junior
Aquaseal and E6000 are flexible. I would clean the area with rubbling alcohol and then apply three coats. Make sure the area is flat and level because both products are self-leveling. If it does not work you can always peel it off and try a patch.

7 Re: float tube bladder repair on Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:09 pm

Getarz

Newby
Newby
Thanks Fisheromen !! I was going to only put one layer on there, but i'll follow your advice and put a couple with a couple of days drying time in between.

Jim

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum